Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 64-bit Operating System OEM DVD
With Windows 7 Professional, fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode and recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network. You can also connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely with Domain Join. With all the exciting entertainment features of Windows Home Premium, it's a great choice for home and for business.
Features Simplify everyday tasks
• Simplify your PC with new navigation features like Aero Shake, Jump Lists, and Snap.
• Customize Windows to look and feel the way you like by changing themes and taskbar programs.
• Easy to network (with or without a server).
• Back up your complete system over a network.
• Windows XP Backwards Compatibility Mode
Work the way you want
• Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
• Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory.
• Windows XP Mode gives you the business flexibility you need.
Make new things possible
• Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV with Windows Media Center.
• Watch your favourite DVD movies.
• Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
Windows 7 system requirements
• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
• 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
• 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
• DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
• Internet access (fees may apply)
• Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
• For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
• Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
• HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
• DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
• BitLocker requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
• BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive
• Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1 GB of RAM, an additional 15 GB of available hard disk space, and a processor capable of hardware virtualization with Intel VT or AMD-V turned on
• Music and sound require audio output
|Taskbar & Jump Lists||Yes|
|Join a HomeGroup||Yes|
|Windows Media Player||Yes|
|Backup & Restore||Yes|
|Enhanced home media streaming, including PlayTo||Yes|
|Live Tumbnail Previews from Taskbar||Yes|
|Fast User Switching||Yes|
|Create ad-hoc Wireless Networks||Yes|
|Aero Glass & Advanced Window Navigation||Yes|
|Windows Touch (Multi-Touch and Handwriting Support||Yes|
|Create a Homegroup||Yes|
|Windows Media Center||Yes|
|DVD Video Playback and authoring||Yes|
|Location Aware Printing||Yes|
|Domain Join & Group Policy Controls||Yes|
|Encryting File System||Yes|
|Remote Desktop Host||Yes|
|Advance Back-up (network & Group Policy)||Yes|
|BitLocker & BitLocker ToGo||No|
|MUI Language Packs||No|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- 0800 587 1102
Date Issued: 28th Jul 2015
On July 29, 2015, Microsoft will make available its next major operating system, Windows 10. Introduced as the successor to Windows 8.1, the software is the first new revision of Windows to be launched under the stewardship of Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella and will be made available at no additional cost to most existing Windows users.
Date Issued: 17th May 2010
With the rapid growth of digital media over the past decade or two, there's a good chance you've amassed a vast library of music, photos and videos on your home desktop PC.
Date Issued: 29th Jun 2009
Microsoft will launch its Windows 7 operating system on October 22nd 2009, and it'll be available in no less than six different editions. We explain what they are and which will be relevant to you.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.
Date Issued: 25th Jun 2008
Updating drivers can sometimes be a bit of a gamble. Will the drivers come with an installer? Will you need to uninstall the old drivers first? Many drivers these days do come with an installer, which simplifies the process dramatically.