Mellanox ConnectX-5 Ex VPI Dual Port 100G Network Adapter Card
Mellanox MCX556A-EDAT ConnectX-5 Ex VPI Adapter Card, PCIe4.0 x16, EDR InfiniBand + 100GbE Dual-Port QSFP28, FH Bracket
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Intelligent ConnectX-5 adapter cards, the newest additions to the Mellanox Smart Interconnect suite and supporting Co-Design and In-Network Compute, introduce new acceleration engines for maximizing High Performance, Web 2.0, Cloud, Data Analytics and Storage platforms.
ConnectX-5 with Virtual Protocol Interconnect supports two ports of 100Gb/s InfiniBand and Ethernet connectivity, sub-600 nanosecond latency, and very high message rate, plus PCIe switch and NVMe over Fabric offloads, providing the highest performance and most flexible solution for the most demanding applications and markets.
ConnectX-5 enables higher HPC performance with new Message Passing Interface (MPI) offloads, such as MPI Tag Matching and MPI AlltoAll operations, advanced dynamic routing, and new capabilities to perform various data algorithms.
Moreover, ConnectX-5 Accelerated Switching and Packet Processing (ASAP2™) technology enhances offloading of virtual switches, for example, Open V-Switch (OVS), which results in significantly higher data transfer performance without overloading the CPU. Together with native RDMA and RoCE support, ConnectX-5 dramatically improves Cloud and NFV platform efficiency.
For in-depth Specifications & Features please see the PDF documents below:
Features • Dual Ports, each at up to 100Gb/s.
• Tag matching and rendezvous offloads.
• Adaptive routing on reliable transport.
• Burst buffer offloads for background checkpointing.
• NVMe over Fabric (NVMe-oF) offloads.
• Back-end switch elimination by host chaining.
• Embedded PCIe switch.
• Enhanced vSwitch/vRouter offloads.
• Flexible pipeline.
• RoCE for overlay networks.
• PCIe Gen 4 support*.
*Tested and certified with PCIe 3.0 servers. PCIe 4.0 interface will be tested when servers with Gen 4.0 support become available.
• Up to 100Gb/s connectivity per port.
• Industry-leading throughput, low latency, low CPU utilization and high message rate.
• Maximizes data center ROI with Multi-Host technology.
• Innovative rack design for storage and Machine Learning based on Host Chaining technology.
• Smart interconnect for x86, Power, Arm, and GPU-based compute and storage platforms.
• Advanced storage capabilities including NVMe over Fabric offloads.
• Intelligent network adapter supporting flexible pipeline programmability.
• Cutting-edge performance in virtualized networks including Network Function Virtualization (NFV).
• Enabler for efficient service chaining capabilities.
• Efficient I/O consolidation, lowering data center costs and complexity.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
Warranty information has not yet been updated for this product. For further information please call 0871 472 4747 or 01204 474747.
Date Issued: 26th Oct 2006
As a growing number of homes contain more than one computer, their users must find ways to network them. The primary purpose for creating a home network tends to be to provide Internet access to all computers within the house. There are other good reasons, however. These include enabling LAN gaming, data backups from one machine to another and the sharing of music within the home.