Icy Dock SSD Trayless Hot-Swap Dock for 3.5" Bay
Icy Dock MB521SP-B 2.5” SSD Dock Trayless Hot-Swap SATA / SAS Mobile Rack for Ext 3.5” Bay
By DPD On 20th Dec 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The flexiDOCK MB521SP-B is the perfect solution for anyone who needs quick access to data from high capacity laptop drives or high speed SSDs; Media professionals editing and moving large files, data recovery specialists constantly swapping drives, and IT technicians maintaining regular backups of critical data.
The World’s First Professional Docking Made for 3.5” Bay
flexiDOCK brings the convenience of a HDD docking station, with the performance of a HDD mobile rack. The MB521SP-B turns your external 3.5” bay into a hot-swappable SSD / HDD dock to easily access all kind of 2.5” drives within the dock. flexiDOCK installs into your system in minutes with only a few screws, and is ready to operate. Once installed, the flexiDOCK MB521SP-B supports 1 x 2.5” SAS/SATA HDD/SSD drives ranging from 5mm to 15mm in height. It also supports SATA 6Gbps transfer speeds and hot-swap functionality, using your drives to their full extent has never been easier.
Different by Design
When working with multiple drives, constantly swapping between drive caddies / trays can slow your workflow to a crawl. That’s why we’ve taken trays and doors completely out of the equation with our new flexiDOCK MB521SP-B. Our new system allows drives to be inserted in seconds and sit flush with the computer's front panel, reducing clutter and protecting your drives from environmental hazards. When a drive is inserted into flexiDOCK, an eject button is revealed along with a LED drive activity light. To eject your drive, simply press the eject button back in and your drive will pop out. You can also turn off drive’s power anytime by switching the front accessible power slide switch.
With the new door-less design that allows users to quickly and easily change out SSDs or drives. Video professionals and hobbyists use this feature to quickly edit their videos, when large projects call for multiple drives. Forensic customers benefit from the ability to easily access client’s SSD or HDD within the forensic workstation. IT professionals and computer repair technicians utilize this feature to effortlessly read / write data from multiple drives. The flexiDOCK MB521SP-B is an affordable yet powerful tool that helps professionals do their jobs more time efficiently and effectively.
Built for Enterprise
We’ve designed flexiDOCK to handle professional applications, while maintaining a consumer-friendly price point. The MB521SP-B is capable of holding up in the harshest environments, with the heavy duty metal casing throughout the entire device, it can be used in various enterprise systems including: image processing workstation, digital forensic workstation, as well as manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems. The full metal design also allows heat dissipation transfer from the hard drives or SSDs throughout the mobile rack. In addition, Multi-Flow Technology routes air flow effectively for excellent passive cooling through meticulously designed front, rear, top and bottom ventilation slots.
Safety Enhanced Drive Guiding Mechanism
Since 2.5” SSDs and hard drives come with different drive heights and dimension may vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, in order to protect your drives, we have designed a safety enhanced drive guiding mechanism that prevents accidental drive ejection. There are two drive guiding pecks on either side of the drive and a metal flap in the rear that adjusts automatically based on drive's height. Each guiding pecks clamp the drive tightly while the adjustable metal flap pushes the drive down, making a stable SATA connection. Ultimately, these features are designed to prevent unintended drive ejection that may result in possible data damage.
Optional Flex-Fit MB343SP for External 5.25” Bay
When using FlexiDOCK in an external 5.25" drive bay, Flex-Fit MB343SP can be used as an adapter for converting an external 5.25" drive bay into an external 3.5" drive bay. To learn more about Flex-Fit MB343SP please click HERE.
Data backup, data cloning, audio & video editing, digital forensic, drive recovery or any applications where drive hot-swap is required. Features • Supports docking 1 x 2.5” SAS/SATA HDD/SSD with SATA hot-swap functionality (5mm – 15mm).
• Fits any external 3.5” bay.
• Full metal chassis with industrial ABS plastic for full protection to the drive.
• Completely tray-less design and accepts bare drives without trays or holders.
• Drive door-less design for quick hot-swapping.
• Safety enhanced drive ejection button to prevent accidental drive ejection.
• Large individual drive eject button with cool blue drive activity LED.
• Flush drive insertion design fully protects drives from possible environmental damage.
• Front accessible drive power switch.
• Multi-Flow Technology - provides excellent passive cooling.
• Backed with 3-year manufacturer warranty.
• Ideal 2.5” SSD / HDD docking for system that requires easy hot-swap as mobile computers, data center rackmount computers and rackmount server systems, industrial automation control system, military computers and OEM / ODM systems.
• Product Name: flexiDOCK
• Model Number: MB521SP-B
• Colour: Black
• Support Drive Size: 2.5 inch SSD / HDD
• Compatible Drive Type: SATA / SAS (SAS host required / Single channel)
• Number of Drives: 1
• Max Drive Height: 15mm
• Drive Bay: 1 x external 3.5" drive bay
• Host Interface: 1 x SATA 7pin
• Power Input: 1 x SATA 15pin
• Transfer Rate: Up to 6Gb/sec (Depending on hard drive speed)
• Support HDD Capacity: No Limitation
• Drive Cooling: Metal heat dispersion with passive cooling
• RAID Function: None
• Structure / Material: Metal with parital plastic
• Support Hot-Swap: Yes
• Drive Security: None
• Product Dimension (L x W x H): 128.5 x 101.6 x 25.4mm
• Product Weight: 0.53 lbs(234g)
• Shipping (Package) Weight: 0.63 lbs(278g)
• RAID Status LED Indicator: None
• Drive Activity LED Indication: Drive power: solid blue; HDD access: flashing blue
• Package Contents: 1 - Device, 1 - user manual, 4 - screw
• SATA Connector Insertion Rate: 10,000
• Humidity: 5%~65% RH
• Opertating Temperature: 0°C to 60°C (32°F to 140°F)
• Storage Temperature: -35°C to 70°C (-31°F to 158°F)
• Compliance: CE, RoHS, REACH
|HDD||1 x SATA Compatible|
|Power Connectors||1 x SATA|
|Space Requirement||1 x 3.5" External|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months