EVGA Intel X299 DARK E-ATX Motherboard
EVGA X299 DARK, Intel X299, S 2066, DDR4, SATA3, Tri M.2, Dual U.2, Up to 4-Way SLi/CrossFire, Intel GbE, E-ATX
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
EVGA introduces you to the ultimate in raw performance for the next-gen Intel® Extreme lineup, the EVGA X299 Dark. The Dark is crafted from the ground up to be the performance apex with everything you need to make a record-breaking benching run or a 24/7 number cruncher, and nothing you don't – a board that is as reliable as it is fast. The EVGA X299 Dark has all of the current gen top-tier component support:
• M.2 Support: 2x M.2 Key-M slots / 1x M.2 Key-E slot.
• Intel® Optane™: Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready.
• U.2: 2x U.2 Ports.
• USB: USB 3.1 Type-A / Type-C.
• Skylake-X: Up to 64GB of 4000MHz+ (OC) Quad-Channel RAM on Skylake-X.
• Kaby Lake-X: Up to 32GB of 4133MHz+ (OC) Dual-Channel RAM on Kaby Lake-X.
• LAN: 2x Intel® GbE LAN with teaming support.
• BIOS: EVGA's Full Featured GUI UEFI / BIOS.
• Legacy LGA20XX Socket Backplate: Allows for custom CPU cooling solutions (optional).
There is much to be said about a beautifully-engineered motherboard designed to handle the highest loads or the most extreme conditions, let alone the rigors and abuse constantly demanded by the best overclockers in the world and still look good doing it. This was achieved, in part, by using:
• 12-Layer PCB: 12-layer high-speed EATX PCBA with gold-plated shielded edge enhances stability for heavy loads, improved overclocking, and durability for today’s extreme cooling hardware.
• Highly-Efficient 16-Phase PWM: The X299 Dark features a 16-phase Digital VRM (12 VCore, 1 VSA, 1 VCCIO, 2 Phase Memory PWM) for the cleanest, most stable power design to ensure that you're ready for Intel"s Core i9 Processors, With this kind of power, the X299 Dark is equipped with dual-fans to maintain optimal VRM temperatures even with watercooled 18-core CPU overclocking.
• 100% Solid State Capacitors: The X299 Dark is installed with 100% solid State Capacitors to ensure a longer lifespan.
• 300% Higher Gold Content in CPU Socket: Higher volume of precious metal (300% Gold) used in the sockets great y improves the conductivity and produces a cleaner signal due to less resistance / impedance.
• External BLCK / Clock Generators: An external BCLK controller for fine-tuning KBL-X and SKL-X system performance, and an external clock generator for PCIe stability and performance.
• 8 SATA Ports - 6 from Intel PCH / 2 from ASMedia ASM1061: The X299 Dark features 8 SATA Ports. 2 are supplied by the ASMedia ASM1061, which supports Windows XP for ultimate benching OS flexibility.
• Triple BIOS Select Switch: Switch between up to 3 different profiles for overclocking, benching, 24/7 use, or anything you can think of.
• PCIe Disable Switches: The X299 Dark offers PCIe disable switches to quickly shut off PCIe slots to troubleshoot or restore used resources without the need to physically uninstall hardware.
• ProbeIT Connector: Attach your Digital Multimeter to the included ProbeIT adapter and monitor your voltages in real-time.
• PS/2 Port: Despite the X299 Dark's technical feats, it still features an old school PS/2 keyboard and mouse port to reduce latency and resources for benching and gaming.
• Creative Core3D Audio: Creative 5.1 Channel Audio with output amplifiers – the industry standard for audio quality.
• Intel VROC Header: Intel Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) header provides support for CPU-attached NVMe RAID.
Although the X299 Dark does not feature RGB LED support, it politely reminds you that you can't see pretty in the Dark. This board is engineered for the ultra-enthusiast, including these features:
• Active PCH & M.2 Cooling: Keep your SSDs cool under even the longest gaming or benching sessions with the X299 Dark's I/O and expansion slot cover. This cover provides direct airflow over your M.2 devices and exhausts away from the rest of your components.
• 4-Way SLI Support: 4-Way SLI support without the need for PLX chips
• 4-way SLI support with 44-lane Skylake-X processors.
• 3-way SLI support with 28-lane Skylake-X processors.
• 2-way SLI support with 16-lane Kaby Lake-X processors.
• Post Indicator: Multi-Function POST Indicator, Fully configurable in BIOS, these LEDs can be configured to show temperatures, voltages or cycle both in real-time.
• Visual Guide / Bench Table: Visual Guide / Bench Table: Every EVGA X299 Dark is packed with a printed PCB showing components, LEDs, PCIe, lane breakdowns, and other helpful information. More importantly, this PCB doubles as an open-air testing or benching station, providing clearance for heaters, condensation, or even extra power supply storage.
• PCIe / DIMM Status LEDs: PCIe / DIMM status LEDs allow for easy system assembly and troubleshooting at a glance.
• Right Angle Headers, 24-pin power, FAN and USB3.0 headers: Hand-crafted design to provide clean system assembly without cable clutter.
The X299 Dark proves once again that until you have used it, you don’t know the power of the Dark side of the EVGA motherboard lineup. Features • 100% Solid State Capacitors.
• 13 Temperature and 24 Voltage Sensors.
• 1x M.2 Key E (32mm) + 2x M.2 Key M (80mm, 110mm).
• 300% more gold content in the CPU socket.
• 4-Way SLI® Support.
• Advanced VRM Fansink with Heatpipe.
• CLEAR CMOS, Power and Reset.
• Creative Sound Core3D Audio with Output Amplifiers.
• Dual 8 Pin CPU Power.
• EVGA E-LEETX Tuning Support.
• EVGA Probe-It Connector.
• External Clock Gen.
• Full Body Cover with Active PCH and M.2 Cooling.
• Highly-Efficient 16 Phase Power Design.
• Intel VROC Support.
• Legacy Windows Support, Including Windows XP.
• Onboard Power, Reset, and Clear CMOS.
• Onboard Temperature and Voltage Monitoring.
• Right-angle power, FAN, USB 3.0 headers.
• Triple BIOS Support.
• Windows 10 64bit Support.
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Quad (4)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||64GB|
|Audio||Creative Core3D 5.1 CA0132 + Optical|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|NVIDIA SLI Support||4x (44-Lane S-X) 3x (28-Lane S-X) 2x (16-Lane K-X)|
|AMD CrossFire Support||Not Supported|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||None|
|SATA Support||SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||Yes|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||Wired Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000)|
|Rear I/O Connectors|
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
|Board Dimensions||304.8 x 276.7 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 28 months
- 01788 247 298
Date Issued: 22nd Jun 2017
These are exciting times to be in the market for a new CPU. AMD is back in the game with its competitive Ryzen processors, while Intel has upped the ante in the enthusiast space with a refresh of its High-end Desktop (HEDT).