Cranborne Audio 500ADAT
Cranborne Audio 500ADAT Analogue/Digital Hybrid ADAT Expander, Summing Mixer and 500 Series Rack
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
It's an analogue/digital hybrid ADAT expander that combines our favourite analogue characters with digital precision by offering a completely customisable 500 series analogue front-end whilst containing the high-performance AD/DA conversion that is required for the modern DAW-based workflow.
500ADAT also features the analogue essentials that you need to unite digital and analogue production workflows such as an 8-into-2 analogue summing mixer, ADAT return switches for each slot, Zero-latency artist mixer with 2 reference-quality headphone outputs, and true ADAT & SMUXII/IV transmission to enable operation at the highest sample rates.
The Best Of Analogue Character - Thanks To 500 Series
500ADAT puts performance capture back at the heart of your recordings and back into the hands of the audio engineer. By capitalising on the vast and ever growing 500 series market, 500ADAT allows you to configure your own custom analogue front-end directly into your DAW for recording. Fill 500ADAT full of vintage preamps for recording drums, clean and pristine preamps for recording strings, or even create you own Preamp/EQ/Compressor channel strips and commit those to your recording; the possibilities are endless.
500 series integration doesn't stop once the performance has been captured... Dedicated ADAT source-select switches for each 500 series slot allows you to send your recorded stems/VSTs back through your 500 series EQs/compressors and print their effects back into your DAW for hands-on, all-analogue processing. 500ADAT also features an 8-into-2 high-headroom analogue summing mixer that you can use to sum your instrument stems into a stereo track to be recorded back into your DAW.
Having a near-limitless selection of analogue preamps to pick from would be pointless if 500ADAT's conversion applied its own colour and effects. In order to capture every subtle nuance of your analogue signal, 500ADAT features reference-class analogue-to-digital conversion with 121dB (unweighted) signal-to-noise ratio and a master-reference grade internal digital clock with ultra-low jitter (0.5 picoseconds). The combination of highly-accurate, low-jitter clocking and high-performance low-latency digital conversion ensures that every ounce of analogue character is captured with the utmost detail - free of unwanted digital artefacts from the conversion process, and with a wide dynamic range thanks to 500ADAT's high-headroom and low-noise floor analogue design.
8in/8out ADAT Interface
ADAT is tried, tested, and is still one of the most widely used interfacing protocols. Almost all major audio interfaces on the market today feature a pair of ADAT I/O lightpipe ports; 500ADAT is compatible with all of them. Using ADAT to transport audio to and from the 500 series format means that excessive cabling is minimal and the setup could not be easier.
Furthermore, as the internal clock of 500ADAT exceeds the Jitter performance of most standalone master-reference clocks, even slaving your audio interface off of 500ADAT's internal clock will introduce a notable improvement to the conversion of your audio interface.
Analogue summing can give your mix the final bit of analogue character required to achieve professional and polished sonic results. What makes 500ADAT's 8-into-2 summing mixer so special is that it is positioned after the 8 500 series slots - allowing you to insert saturation or 'bus-compression' modules and create a stereo mix using dedicated analogue level and pan controls. 500ADAT's summing mixer has a huge internal headroom of 26.5dBu which allows you to drive the 500 series modules and dial-in your preferred amount of saturation. With the addition of inserts per slot, external analogue equipment can also be inserted pre-A/D for even more integration with analogue equipment.
Zero-Latency Artist Mixer
500ADAT moves away from clunky "virtual" mixers and gets your hands back onto the mix by using a high-headroom analogue summing mixer to create zero-latency, all-analogue artist mixes that can be blended with the rear Aux Input and sent to two discrete headphone outputs - each with their own blend and output level controls.
CAST stands for Cat5 Analogue Snake Transport and enables cost effective and organised cable management around your studio by repurposing off-the-shelf shielded Cat5 Networking cables to transport 4 channels of balanced analogue audio (mic, Line, or Instrument level) over a single cable.
500ADAT has 4 CAST In ports that allow you to connect any of our breakout boxes (to be announced soon) and place analogue I/O where you need it - whether it's in the live room, vocal booth, or the bedroom next door.
Our clever impedance matching means that the signal quality can exceed that of a mic cable for a fraction of the price and over a distance of up to 100m. CAST is 100% analogue and requires ZERO setup. Plug one end of the cable in one box, and the other end into 500ADAT and it just works. No setup. No latency. No fuss. And it sounds great.
Manufactured In The UK:
To ensure that every product bearing the Cranborne Audio name is worthy of studio environments big or small, all 500ADAT's are manufactured in the UK under the company's founders and their watchful eye's. 500ADAT is carefully assembled by a skilled workforce with immense attention to detail and each and every product is tested thoroughly by a skilled engineer before shipping to destinations around the world. Features • 8in/8out ADAT Interface
- Ultra low-latency ADAT Interface with SMUXII/IV transport.
- 8 channels at 44.1-96kHz, 4 channels at 192kHz.
• High-performance AD/DA conversion
- ADCs = 121dB (unweighted) signal-to-noise ratio and - 112dB THD+N.
- DACs = 127dB (unweighted) signal-to-noise and -115dB THD+N.
- 0dBFs = 26.5dBu for huge headroom when recording and the ability to drive modules for a wider range of effects.
• Master reference-quality internal clock
- Capable of 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, and 192kHz operation.
- Sub 0.5 picoseconds of jitter.
- Dedicated Word Clock Input and Output via BNC.
- External sync options using Word Clock BNC, or ADAT.
• Analogue summing mixer
- 8-into-2 analogue summing mixer with 26.5dBu of headroom and dedicated balanced 1/4" jack outputs.
- CAST link port for increased expandability when used with Cranborne Audio 500R8 (sold separately).
• Zero-latency artist mixer
- Zero-latency analogue artist mixer with physical level/pan controls per channel and Aux Input blend controls.
- 2 high-power headphone outputs with independent blend and level controls
• High-current 8-slot 500 series rack
- <250mA current per-slot with headroom.
- XLR inputs, XLR line outputs, TRS Inserts (pre-ADC) per 500 series slot.
- Module source switching options to send Analogue, ADAT or external CAST signals through your favourite 500 series modules.
- Module bypass switches per-slot allowing 500ADAT to be used without 500 series modules inserted.
• CAST Compatible
- CAST ports per channel for relocating analogue I/O around studio using passive or active CAST breakout boxes via standard shielded Cat 5 (boxes coming soon).
• 24v, 5 amp external locking power supply
- External power supply for improved analogue audio performance and heat dissipation.
• Designed, Engineered, and Manufactured In The UK
- Each and every 500ADAT is extensively tested by a team of dedicated engineers to ensure reliability and consistency.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited