Grass Valley EDIUS Pro NLE Software for Editing DV, HDV, HD
Whether you are working with standard definition or high definition video, Grass Valley EDIUS Pro NLE software frees you from the limitations of conventional editing systems. Providing a seamless realtime workflow supporting all video acquisition formats, including all DV and HDV cameras and decks, EDIUS Pro features realtime, multi-track, mixed format HD/SD editing, compositing, chroma keying, titling and timeline output capabilities. If you need support for higher-end video equipment and formats such as Panasonic DVCPRO® 50, DVCPRO HD, DVCPRO P2, VariCam®, and Sony XDCAM™, Grass Valley EDIUS Broadcast NLE software is the perfect match. EDIUS Pro software can be upgraded to EDIUS Broadcast at any time.
Ready for HD When You Are
EDIUS Pro is ready to move existing standard definition video to the world of HD. EDIUS Pro can edit DV content in HD resolutions, providing automatic, realtime upscale conversion from standard definition to high definition video, and all project titles, graphics and effects are applied in HD resolution. Ensuring a painless transition to the world of HD, editors can edit and output HDV content to hard disks or DVD-R drives without requiring an HDV camera or deck.
Exceptional Mixed-Format Editing
Featuring unrivaled realtime video transcoding technology, EDIUS Pro performs conversion between different HD and SD resolutions, aspect ratios and frame rates — in realtime. Edit 1080i on a 4:3 standard definition timeline, use NTSC together with PAL or combine them all into a 720/24p project without wasting a single moment on conversion or rendering. EDIUS Pro also features realtime playback and DV output of all effects, keyers, transitions and titles, and can export projects to any format or medium required including DVD-Video.
Unsurpassed Image Quality and Performance
EDIUS Pro features the revolutionary Canopus HQ Codec. Designed with Scalable Technology, this innovative codec offers the highest image quality and performance available today in any HD editing platform. The Canopus HQ Codec not only provides superior Luma and Chroma sampling of HD video, but also features an adjustable bitrate for increased video quality when capturing and encoding on high-performance systems.
NLE Systems: EDIUS Pro Software + Realtime Editing Hardware
EDIUS DVX, EDIUS NX and EDIUS NX with HD Expansion Kit are NLE Systems built around EDIUS Pro software. They all include EDIUS Pro, in addition to the hardware that characterizes each. EDIUS Pro software directly supports OHCI FireWire, providing video input/output. EDIUS Pro also supports the Canopus DVStorm series and DVRaptor RT2 series of editing hardware, which offer accelerated realtime DV editing and analog connectivity.
• Realtime, mixed format HD/SD editing, including DV, HDV, HD, MPEG-2 and uncompressed SD video
• Fast, flexible user interface, including unlimited video, audio, title and graphics tracks
• Realtime editing and conversion of different HD/SD aspect ratios, such as 16:9 and 4:3
• Realtime editing and conversion of different frame rates, such as 60i, 50i and 24p
• Realtime editing and conversion of different resolutions, such as 1440x1080, 1280x720 and 720x480
• Realtime HD/SD effects, keyers, transitions and titles
• Realtime, render-free DV output directly from the timeline
• Multicam editing of up to eight different sources simultaneously
• Nested timeline sequences
• High-speed HDV timeline export, built for Dual Core CPU technology
• High-quality, multi-format video exporting with ProCoder Express for EDIUS
• Direct-to-DVD timeline export
• Inscriber® TitleMotion™ Pro for EDIUS