UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 by Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic Design UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 - Advanced 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 and PCIe solution with 12G SDI, HDMI 2.0
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UltraStudio 4K Extreme features 12G-SDI with loop outputs for working with 2160p60 over a single cable. Also includes HDMI 2.0, analog component, 4 channel XLR analog and 2 channels AES/EBU digital audio, timecode, reference and serial deck control. Connects via Thunderbolt or with an optional PCIe adapter for higher frame rates and 4K RGB workflows. UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 has all the same powerful features of UltraStudio 4K Extreme, but adds the latest high speed Thunderbolt 3 connection for transfer speeds of up to 40 Gb/s.
The Power of Thunderbolt™
Built on revolutionary Thunderbolt™ technology, UltraStudio uses a blazingly fast single cable connection to your computer that has the bandwidth to handle the highest resolution video formats easily! Thunderbolt ensures low latency and highly accurate time synchronization for the highest quality capture and playback. UltraStudio Express and UltraStudio Mini models are powered via the Thunderbolt connection so they are extremely portable. The high performance UltraStudio 4K and UltraStudio 4K Extreme models feature double speed Thunderbolt 2 with loop thru and 6G-SDI or 12G-SDI. UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3 features the incredibly fast, 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 connection, making it ideal for demanding 3D stereoscopic workflows, Ultra HD and DCI 4K.
Amazing 4K resolutions in compressed or uncompressed
UltraStudio 4K supports popular compressed video formats such as ProRes and DNxHD as well as 10-bit uncompressed video, so you’re not locked into a single file format. When working with uncompressed video all captured images are a perfect pixel-for-pixel clone of the source without any quality loss, so you have the confidence you’re working at the absolute highest quality possible. Get the sharpest keying with green screens, cleanest compositions, superior color correction and more! Ultra HD 4K has 4 times the resolution of 1080HD for amazing looking images!
6G SDI - Compatible with SD, HD and Ultra HD formats
UltraStudio 4K features 6G-SDI so you get full compatibly with all your SD, 720p and 1080HD equipment up to 60 fps, plus you can instantly switch to Ultra HD up to 30 fps! Thats an incredible range of video formats with a single regular BNC SDI connection! Because the 6G-SDI connections are multi rate, they can switch between 270 Mb/s, 1.5 Gb/s, 3 Gb/s and 6 Gb/s data rates for compatibility with your existing SD, HD or Ultra HD equipment.
12G SDI - Incredible speed for high frame rate Ultra HD
UltraStudio 4K Extreme models feature the latest 12G-SDI technology, making it the world’s most powerful video capture and playback solution! The incredible speed of 12G-SDI means UltraStudio 4K Extreme can support both capture and playback of Ultra HD and 4K 60p over a single BNC cable! Because the 12G-SDI connections are multi rate, you can still connect to all your existing equipment. Only 12G-SDI gives you the compatibility to connect to all your existing SD and HD equipment but also supports the future with all Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60. UltraStudio 4K Extreme even supports dual link 12G-SDI so you can do stereoscopic and simultaneous fill and key all in real time!
Attractive Design - Elegant styling and exceptional durability
UltraStudio 4K’s elegant front panel has an integrated color LCD and fast to use video and audio input buttons, all with built in video and audio connections using standard BNC, HDMI and XLR connectors. UltraStudio Express is machined from a solid block of aluminum to provide fantastic strength and portability. For flexibility the design includes breakout cables with professional BNC and XLR connections or consumer RCA connections. UltraStudio Mini models fit into the palm of your hand and feature SDI and HDMI connections at one end and a Thunderbolt connection at the other!
• DaVinci Resolve
• Media Express
• Disk Speed Test
• Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Mac OS X
• Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Windows 7, 8 and 10
• Blackmagic Desktop Video Utility and Blackmagic driver on Linux
More information can be found in the User Manual below:
Features • Advanced 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 and PCIe solution with 12G SDI, HDMI 2.0, Analog, 4:4:4, Ultra HD and 4K up to 2160p60 and hardware encoder for H.265
• Encoding - Hardware based real time h.265 encoder
• Colorspace Conversion - Hardware based real time
• 3D Processing - Dual stream and frame packed capture & playback
• Ultra HD Down Conversion - Built in, high quality hardware down converter outputs Ultra HD to HD with down-converted signal on SDI outputs C & D
• HD to SD Down Conversion - Built in, high quality hardware down converter outputs HD to SD with down-converted signal on SDI output B, Component and Composite NTSC/PAL. SD output selectable between letterbox, anamorphic 16:9 and center cut 4:3
• HD Up Conversion - Built-in, high quality hardware up conversion from SD to 720HD or 1080HD on playback. Selectable between 4:3 pillarbox, 14:9 zoom and 16:9 zoom
• HD Cross Conversion - Built in, high quality hardware cross conversion from 720p to 1080i and 1080i to 720p on playback
• Real Time Effects - DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro X internal effects. Premiere Pro CC Mercury Playback Engine effects. Avid Media Composer internal effects
• Physical Installation - Requires computer with either a Thunderbolt port or available PCIe slot. PCIe cable and interface card available separately. Please check support pages to see the full system requirement
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months