ASUS Intel Broadwell-E X99-E-10G WS CEB Workstation Motherboard
Asus X99-E-10G WS, Intel X99, S 2011-3, DDR4, SATA3 6Gbps, M.2 (PCIe), 4-Way SLi/CrossFire, USB 3.1 A+C, CEB
Quad Strength Graphic Power
The Intel X99 chipset-based workstation motherboard features on-demand NVIDIA® GeForce® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ technology, plus hassle-free troubleshooting features for minimized downtime.
Four PCI Express 3.0 x16 Slots Enable Extreme Graphics Power
The X99-E-10G WS can carry up to four dual-slot graphics. It supports 4-Way NVIDIA® GeForce® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ x 16 Link, making it an excellent choice for graphics professionals who depend on powerful graphics in areas such as design and modelling, medical research, plus processing-intensive simulation and rendering applications. In addition to graphics cards, extensive X99-E-10G WS expandability offers ample room for RAID cards, PCI Express-based solid state storage drives, video capture cards, and other components.
High Speed Networking: 1st ASUS Motherboard with Dual Intel 10G LAN
With built in dual Intel® 10G Base-T networking (X550-AT2), the workstation board increases data throughput and improves efficiency. This supports high-density, high-bandwidth and low-latency access-layer networks needed for extremely demanding applications, such as graphics or video production.
ASUS Pioneered OC Socket: Drive CPU and DDR4 Performance Beyond All Expectations!
Designed to break performance barriers, ASUS OC Socket utilises extra pins to connect a proprietary circuit to contacts found on land grid array (LGA). Combined with our customized UEFI, this exclusive feature enables higher DDR4 memory frequencies, lower latencies and enhanced stability while overclocking, extending all the way to extreme overclocking conditions, such as liquid nitrogen (LN2). OC Socket is 100% compatible with all LGA 2011-v3 CPUs, ensuring the ideal combination of overclocking performance and compatibility.
Make Your Memory Go Faster
Drive your memory frequencies to 3333MHz and beyond! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus OC Socket provides a superb memory-overclocking capability to unleash the full power of DDR4 by minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection. With innovative equidistant memory channels, it delivers the most balanced control and powerful overclocking compatibility. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility.
5-Way Optimisation: One Click Overclock and Cooling, Done!
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. Your PC is smart with ASUS 5-Way Optimisation. It dynamically optimises essential aspects of your system based on real-time use - so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and now even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimisation ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else!
• Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritised bandwidth and vivid sound.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
• Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
CPU Performance Boost: TPU
Unleash your PC's full performance with a simple two-phase onboard switch or the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility! The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring for the CPU and the graphics card, enabling great freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimised performance and to exploit the potential out of your graphics card*.
All-round Energy Efficiency: EPU
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy real-time, system-wide power savings. EPU detects and adjusts power consumption according to the PC's needs - automatically. It can also reduce CPU wattage to a set level and deliver even more savings with Away Mode. This creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused extra I/O controllers and reduces the graphics cards' power level while you're away, so the PC consumes only the energy it needs - and not a drop more!
CPU, Chassis, Graphics Card Fan Controls: Flexible Cooling Controls for Air and Liquid
The latest ASUS X99 motherboards feature the most advanced cooling capability to date, controllable from both Fan Xpert 4 and UEFI.
• 3/4-pin fan auto detection.
• Water pump header.
• High amp(3A) fan header.
• Smart fan IC protection.
• All fan support extreme quite mode.
• Comprehensive Fan Controls: Full control of fan speeds, hysteresis, and fan stop modes on every header, via Fan Expert 4 or the UEFI.
• Auto-Tuning Mode: Scans fan parameters and all fans with a single click.
• Extreme Quiet Mode: Reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet operation and power savings during light loads.
Top your game, top your rank: DIGI+ Power Control
Power control is one of the most essential motherboard designs. Intelligent CPU-power-draw detection with ASUS DIGI+ Power Control is an innovative, industry-leading technology that fully complies with Intel® VRD12.5 specifications, increasing overclocking potential, enhancing system stability, and improving power efficiency with superior flexibility and accurate control.
Customized by Apps: Turbo App
Intel's latest processors feature per-core tuning, and the ASUS Core app lets you exploit this feature by prioritising specific applications so that their processing demands are met the order you want - optimising performance in just the ways you need!
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• EZ Flash 3: Update the latest BIOS via the internet, and from within the BIOS.
• S.M.A.R.T: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T) logs to gauge reliability, and even determine if they're about to fail.
• EZ Tuning Wizard - OC and RAID: Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance, or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups!
• My Favourites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click.
• SATA Information: View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• GPU POST: Recommendation for multi-VGA configuration and detailed information for selected ASUS graphics cards.
• Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
• Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
• Aura (LED Control): Customize your favourite RGB LED style direct from the BIOS.
For Gamers and Professionals
Ultimate Transfer Speed
32Gb/s U.2 & M.2 Onboard
The workstation board fits next-generation 2.5-inch NVM Express SSDs with an on-board U.2 and M.2 (up to 2280) interface. This exclusive technology exploits the maximum PCI Express 3.0 x4 bandwidth of 32Gbit/s for SSD transfer speeds that are up to 5.3X faster than traditional SSDs.
10Gbit/s USB3.1 Built In
This workstation board has both the latest USB3.1 connectivity built in with Type-A and Type-C ports for the very fastest USB data transfers - that's up to 10 Gb/s, or twice as fast USB 3.0. Type-C is the all-new reversible socket for any-way-up convenience.
Patent-pending SafeSlot: Protect Your Graphics Card Investment
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-moulding process integrates the slot with the fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
With support for both NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD® CrossFireX™ 2/3-WAY configurations, the X99 motherboard enables multi-GPU setups so you can harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies to drive games at 4K and beyond.
Onboard SLI/CFX Switch
This switch allows you to determine the slots for 2-Way or 3-Way graphics card installation. When enabled, the LEDs near the slots light up, telling you where to install the cards.
Flawless Audio That Makes You Part Of The Game: Crystal Sound 3
• Separate Layer for Left and Right Tracks: Ensures both channels deliver consistent, equal quality.
• Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference.
• Power Pre-Regulator: Reduces power-input noise to ensure consistent performance.
• Audio Amplifier: Produces the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers.
• De-Pop Circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
• Premium Japanese-Made Audio Capacitors: Provides warm, natural, and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
Powerful Home Server: ASUS HomeCloud
ASUS HomeCloud creates a world without boundaries. It lets you access your PC remotely, stream multimedia content to wherever you want, and manage all your stuff from anywhere - no matter where it's stored. It even turns your hard drive into private cloud storage, removing worries about storage limits. With HomeCloud, your PC becomes the gateway to your world.
Media Streamer: A Digital PC Hub Perfect for Sharing and Home Theatre
Enjoy your PC's multimedia content -anywhere! Pipe music from your PC while sipping coffee in a café or sit back with friends and stream a favourite movie to a smart TV. With ASUS Media Streamer, your entertainment goes wherever you go.
Intel CPU and Chipset Features
Intel® Core™ i7 X-Series/i7 Processor LGA2011-v3 Ready
This motherboard supports Intel® Core™ i7 X-Series/i7 processors in the LGA2011-v3 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 4-channel (8 DIMM) DDR4 memory and 40/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
Intel® X99 Express Chipset
The Intel® X99 Express Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports socket LGA2011-v3 Intel® Core™ i7 X-Series/i7 processors. It provides improved performance by utilising serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X99 provides a maximum 6 USB 3.0 ports, 10 SATA 6Gbps ports and 32Gbps M.2 support for faster data retrieval. Features • First workstation board with dual Intel® 10G LANs (X550-AT2) on board.
• 4-Way PCI-E Gen3 x16 link supporting NVIDIA GeForce SLI® and AMD CrossFireX™ on demand.
• 5-Way Optimisation by Dual Intelligent Processors 5 – One click, total system optimisation.
• Ultimate transfer speed: the latest 10Gb/s USB 3.1 type-A and type-C, 32Gbit/s M.2 and U.2.
• SafeSlot: reinvented, strengthened PCIe slot utilizes a new insert-molding process for superior retention and shearing resistance.
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Quad (4)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||ECC/Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||RDIMM / UDIMM|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||128GB (8x16GB)|
|Audio||Realtek ALC1150 7.1 HD Audio with Crystal Sound 3|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|SLI Support||4-Way SLi|
|Crossfire Support||4-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||None|
|RAID Support via|
|Storage Mode Support||Intel Rapid Storage Technology Support|
|Network Interface Type||Dual Wired 10G LAN|
|Network Chip/Modules||1 x Intel X550-AT2 (10GbE LAN)|
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months
- 01442 265548
Date Issued: 29th Aug 2014
New processors usually grab all the release limelight, relegating the supporting core logic and memory to mere footnotes. This time, a brand-new chipset and DDR4 memory are equal partners in the platform.
Date Issued: 29th Aug 2014
Intel's X99 is a long-overdue platform upgrade for the high-end consumer market. Despite delivering an incremental CPU upgrade from Sandy Bridge-E to Ivy Bridge-E, Intel determined the supporting X79 motherboard needed no such upgrade.