Asus ROG STRIX Intel X99 RGB LED GAMING ATX Motherboard
Strix is the newest recruit into the Republic of Gamers(ROG) — and ROG Strix X99 Gaming is the first ROG Strix motherboard. ROG Strix X99 delivers premier performance, innovation, and confident dynamism to release your inner rebel. The bold design and bright colors channel your spirit of fierce individualism, charging every gaming experience with thrilling energy. Want to dominate with epic speed and agility? Join the Republic with ROG Strix X99 Gaming!
Gaming Aesthetics: Mix And Match Rgb With Color Decals
Gaming is about your style, your personality, and your passion. ROG Strix X99 Gaming is the gaming motherboard that lets you inject passion to project your style and personality in full color!
Aura Lighting Control
Customize your own favorite LED effects with Aura, the intuitive lighting-control software, to cast a stunning multi-color glow across your build via the motherboard's powerful built-in RGB LEDs or attached RGB strips via the onboard 4-pin header, or both — and in perfect synchronization! Fire up Aura and then enjoy the creative freedom of 10 different lighting schemes. You're even able to sync your lighting style with the ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable gear, and mix and match your Aura effects with the included color decals!
• Static: Always on.
• Breathing: Fades in and out.
• Strobing: Flashes on and off.
• Color Cycle: Fades between the colors of the rainbow.
• Music Effect: Pulses to the beat of your music.
• CPU Temperature: Changes color with CPU load.
• Rainbow: A rolling multi-color glow.
• Comet: A stream of light with a tail.
• Flash and Dash: Single-color stepped flashes.
• Glowing Yoyo: A rebounding elastic beam.
Aura 4-Pin RGB-Strip
Forget the faff of external RGB controllers! With Aura RGB Strip header, it's quick and easy to cast brilliant colors across your rig and room: Just slide standard 12V RGB strips onto the 4-pin Aura RGB-strip headers, then weave your lighting any way you like.
*The Aura RGB-strip header supports standard 5050 RGB LED strips with a maximum power rating of 2A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 2m. *One extension cable is included. RGB LED strip need to be purchased separately.
Flawless Audio That Makes You Part Of The Game
ROG Strix X99 Gaming's truly immersive SupremeFX sound is so alive with realism that it hands you the vital competitive edge on every battlefield. With near-lossless delivery and exclusive Sonic Radar II technology to pinpoint enemies before they spot you, SupremeFX sounds stupendous — and puts both your ears and frags in front of everyone else!
SupremeFX Shielded Audio, Superior Sound
SupremeFX technology delivers high-fidelity, near-lossless audio no matter how frantic your game becomes. The purity and stability of the remarkable 115dB signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) is assured, with a shielded design, electromagnetic-interference (EMI) cover and voltage-protected 5V power supply. Supreme FX's superior components, including the trusted Realtek ALC1150 codec, maximize acoustic performance and eliminate interference – so you hear only the very best from your gaming headset or speakers!
EMI Cover: Effective shielding against electromagnetic interference preserves the integrity of audio signals for the best quality.
Dual Op Amplifiers: With two op-amps onboard you're able to pump exceptional audio to your favorite cans, with 32-300O-headphone impedance for great flexibility.
Premium Nichicon™ audio capacitors: Effective shielding against electromagnetic interference preserves the integrity of audio signals for the best quality.
Audio line shielding: Blocks electromagnetic interference from the motherboard or add-ons to provide cleaner audio.
Sonic Radar II: Scan and Detect To Dominate!
Sonic Radar II displays a stealthy overlay that shows what your opponents and teammates are up to on the battlefield, all managed via a simple control panel and customizable game list. See the direction and origin of key in-game sounds, and practice your enemy-pinpointing skill, plus Audio Enhancement technology clarifies every last sound — so you hear the distant sound of enemy footsteps and become the hunter, not the hunted!
Top-Speed Protected Networking
Only the quickest shot survive, so ROG Strix X99 Gaming banishes lag — letting you annihilate your foes as fast as your trigger finger! Our engineers pack in only the best networking technology, including tournament-level Intel® Gigabit Ethernet and ASUS-exclusive LANGuard and GameFirst technologies to keep your connection fast, so always fire first and watch your enemies fall.
Intel Gigabit Ethernet: More Throughput, Less Cpu Usage and Great Gaming Experiences
ROG Strix X99 Gaming features the very latest Intel Ethernet (I218-V) for faster, smoother gaming — always. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput. This significantly reduces the processor's workload, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay.
• Lower CPU Workload.
• High TCP & UDP Throughput.
LANGuard: Pumped-Up Throughput. Best Surge Protection
LANGuard means safer, more reliable connections for your battles! Advanced signal-coupling technology and premium surface-mounting processes join forces to protect your ROG Strix X99 Gaming's connection and deliver pumped-up throughput, plus electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components (ESD Guards) for 1.9X-greater tolerance to static electricity and 2.5X-greater protection (up to 15KV) against surges!
• 1.9X Higher Static-Electricity Tolerance.
• 2.5X Greater Surge Tolerance.
GameFirst: Team Up To Banish Lag
GameFirst IV optimizes network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming — and now we've added Multi-Gate Teaming to team all your networks for maximum bandwidth and the smoothest-ever gameplay. You'll also enjoy all-new Intelligent mode, which automatically compiles a database by parsing new app data to ensure that every game is optimized for the best performance.
Team all your network gateways for maximum bandwidth and assign connections to every application for the smoothest-ever gameplay.
Maxed-out performance means maximum gaming thrills, and with ASUS exclusive OC socket and AI Suite 3's dashboard-style control panel, you'll fine-tune almost every aspect of your ROG Strix X99 Gaming -based system. Get the best balance between performance, cooling, stability, efficiency and aesthetics — all via a simple and intuitive interface.
Unleash The True Performance Of New Intel Core i7 Processor Family For Socket LGA 2011-v3 In Future
ROG Strix X99 Gaming motherboards are engineered from the ground up to get the most from new Intel® Core™ i7 processor family for socket LGA 2011-v3 and extract every ounce of performance from Intel's latest architecture. ASUS delivers the BEST of motherboards for gamers, enthusiasts, content creation professionals and passionate DIYers.
Asus Pioneered OC Socket: Drive CPU and DDR4 Performance Beyond All Expectations
Designed to break performance barriers, ASUS OC Socket utilizes extra pins to connect a proprietary circuit to contacts found on land grid array (LGA). Combined with our customized UEFI, this exclusive feature enables higher DDR4 memory frequencies, lower latencies and enhanced stability while overclocking, extending all the way to extreme overclocking conditions, such as liquid nitrogen (LN2). OC Socket is 100% compatible with all LGA 2011-v3 CPUs, ensuring the ideal combination of overclocking performance and compatibility.
Unique Cache Bus Voltage Adjustment
The cache bus links areas such as CPU cores, DDR4 memory controllers, system agent and the shared L3 cache — so it's a critical interconnect for the whole CPU subsystem. A higher cache-bus frequency directly accelerates subsystem performance, so ASUS OC Socket exclusively provides an adjustable cache-bus voltage to reach higher cache bus frequencies.
• Reference tuning ratio range is up to 30. ASUS OC Socket tuning ratio range is 45+!
• Cache bus links all the essential CPU areas together. Higher cache bus frequency boosts PC performance!
Make Your Memory Go Faster: Drive Your Memory Frequencies To 3333MHz and Beyond
ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus OC Socket provides a superb memory-overclocking capability to unleash the full power of DDR4 by minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection. With innovative equidistant memory channels, it delivers the most balanced control and powerful overclocking compatibility. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility.
One Click Overclock and Cooling, Done: Get Performance, Efficiency, Digital Power, Fan Control and Even Networking and Audio Tuning Tailored For You - and The Way You Play!
You don't need to be an expert to max out gaming performance on your Maximus VIII Extreme build's gaming performance — because 5-Way Optimization sorts all the complex settings with a click, for instant, highly-controllable performance boosts! Our exclusive technology dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use, so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else!
• Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
• Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps, even under heavy loading.
• Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
Fan Xpert4: Advanced Fan and Water-Pump Controls For Ultimate Cooling and Quietness
The latest ASUS X99 motherboards feature the most advanced cooling capability to date, controllable from both Fan Xpert 4 and UEFI.
• Water Pump Header: Full control of PWM or DC water pumps, perfect for both custom and self-contained cooling setups.
• High-amp fan support: A dedicated fan header that can supply up to 3 Amps, for high-speed high-current fans.
• 4-pin PWM/DC fan support with Auto Detection: Every onboard header supports auto detection of PWM or DC fans.
• Smart Protection: A dedicated integrated circuit that protects each fan header from both over-temperature and over-current.
• Fan Ext Header
• Comprehensive fan controls: Full control of fan speeds, hysteresis, and fan stop modes on every header, via Fan Expert 4 or the UEFI.
• Auto-Tuning Mode: Scans fan parameters and all fans with a single click. Extreme Quiet Mode: Reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet operation and power savings during light loads.
• Extreme Quiet Mode: Reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet operation and power savings during light loads.
Award-Winning BIOS Design
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way. In EZ Mode you can get set up very quickly, applying the date and time, fan profiles and Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory profiles. Switch to Advanced Mode to set up favorites and shortcuts, record and review recent changes with Last Modified or make notes in Quick Notes.
• CrashFree BIOS 3: Never again worry about corrupted BIOS, as CrashFree BIOS 3 lets you restore a PC to working order — even when it won't boot!
• EZ Flash 3: Update the latest BIOS via the internet, and from within the BIOS.
RAMcache: Speed Your Game Loads
Uniquely-intelligent technology that effectively caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds, getting to work the moment it's activated. RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times to stratospheric levels!
Ultra-Fast Gaming Connectivity
With the fastest 802.11 ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi, the newest U.2 socket for lightning-speed NVM Express devices and the pace and convenience of reversible USB 3.1 Type-C, Strix X99 kicks every game into top gear.
U.2: Join the NVMe revolution with built-in U.2 connector
Unlock the full potential of your storage with NVM Express (NVMe), the revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Just attach your drive to the built-in U.2 connector with plug-and-play ease to experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbit/s — and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card!
USB 3.1 type A+C: Ultimate-speed 10Gbps with two USB 3.1 onboard
With one USB 3.1 Type-A port, and one reversible USB 3.1 Type-C, you'll experience data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps — or twice as fast USB 3.0. USB 3.1 is completely backward-compatible with your existing USB devices, and you'll be all set for USB 3.1's breakneck speeds. And ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology automatically accelerates USB 3.1 performance even further!
M.2 22110: Speed up with onboard M.2 up to 32Gbit/s
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbit/s data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
ROG Strix X99 Gaming has next-level 802.11ac Wi-Fi with 2x2 dual-band 2.4/5GHz antennas for up to 867Mbit/s* transfer speeds — and the very latest Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) technology to ensure that every connected user** experiences the best wireless and online speeds!
* Actual speed varies, and Wi-Fi hotspot feature operates at 802.11a/b/g/n. Windows 10 does not currentlysupport Wi-Fi hotspot functionality. ** Requires MU-MIMO-ready client.
Gaming Graphics: 3-Way SLi™ /CrossFirex™ Support
With support for both NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ 2/3-WAY configurations, ROG Strix X99 Gaming motherboards enable multi-GPU setups so you can harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies to drive games at 4K and beyond.
Gamer's Guardian For Real-World Protection
Protect your back in the game and let ROG Strix X99 Gaming protect all sides in the real world! Motherboard self-protection with loads of brilliant defenses, including our unique smart DIY features ensures long-term gaming is in your future.
Patent Pending SafeSlot Protect Your Graphics Card Investment
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new Insert-molding process integrates the slot with the fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
• Digi+ VRM: Digi+ VRM voltage-regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring ultra-smooth and ultra-clean power delivery to the CPU at all times!
• DRAM Over-current Protection: All connection ports and DRAM are protected against overcurrent and short-circuit damage by onboard resettable fuses, extending your motherboard's life.
• Q-Code: Instantly recognizes and displays the POST status for precise troubleshooting. Just check the code in the user guide to solve.
• Stainless steel back I/O: Crafted from chromium-plated, corrosion-resistant stainless steel, the input/output (I/O) panel is three times longer than ordinary panels!
• CPU installation tool: 1 layer protection from socket-pin damage.
• Q-shield: 0pain! Protect your hands from nicks and cuts.
• Q-Slot: 1 clip to swap or secure your graphics card.
• Q-DIMM: 1-sided clips mean handling memory modules is a cinch — super simple and super secure.
• Q-LED: 4 LEDs indicate problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card or boot device for quick diagnosis.
• Q-connector: 1 piece sorts all front-panel cables.
ESD Guards 2X-Greater ESD Protection For Extended Component Lifespan
ASUS ESD Guards actively protect against sudden electrostatic discharge (ESD), meaning the components will last much longer — and you get protection that's up to twice as resilient as industry standards!
• Audio connector: Capacitor protection on both front and back audio-output circuits.
• Customizable color decals: 3 sets for endless customization.
• ROG cable stickers: 12 labels for your cables.
• ROG fan stickers: 3 badges of honor for your fans.
• Cable ties: 7 ties for better cable management.
• SATA cable: 4 cables for greater storage.
Beyond VR Ready
ROG Strix X99 Gaming isn't just VR Ready — it goes way beyond! The ASUS ROG Beyond VR Ready marque means that ROG Strix X99 Gaming has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance after you've taken off the headset. ASUS Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
The Power Of Intel
Intel® Core™ i7 Processor LGA2011-v3 Ready
This motherboard supports Intel® Core™ i7 processors in the LGA2011-v3 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 4-channel (8 DIMM) DDR4 memory and 40/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
Intel® X99 Chipset
The Intel® X99 Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports new Intel® Core™ i7 processor family for socket LGA 2011-v3 processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X99 provides a maximum 6 USB 3.0 ports, 10 SATA 6Gbps ports and 32Gbps M.2 support for faster data retrieval. Features • Intel® Core™ i7 processors on LGA 2011-v3 socket.
• Quad-channel DDR4 3333 (OC) support.
• OC Socket, 5-Way Optimization and second-generation T-Topology: Easy and stable overclocking.
• Aura RGB illumination, Aura 4-pin RGB-strip header and customizable color decals: True gaming aesthetics.
• SupremeFX and Sonic Radar II: Flawless audio with stealthy, game-dominating overlay.
• Top-speed protected networking: Intel Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard and GameFirst technology.
• Gamer's Guardian: SafeSlot and smart DIY features.
• Ultra-speedy transfers for faster gaming: 2x2 802.11ac MU-MIMO Wi-Fi, U.2 and M.2, USB 3.1 Type A+C, RAMCache.
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||Unbuffered|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Maximum Memory Capacity||128GB (8x16GB)|
|Graphics Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|SLI Support||3 Way SLi|
|Crossfire Support||3 Way CrossFireX|
|Audio||SupremeFX 8-Channel HD Audio|
|Network Interface Type||
|Network Interface Chip/Modules||
|SATA||SATA Express/SATA3 6Gb/s|
|RAID Support via|
|Storage Mode Support||
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 29th Aug 2014
New processors usually grab all the release limelight, relegating the supporting core logic and memory to mere footnotes. This time, a brand-new chipset and DDR4 memory are equal partners in the platform.
Date Issued: 29th Aug 2014
Intel's X99 is a long-overdue platform upgrade for the high-end consumer market. Despite delivering an incremental CPU upgrade from Sandy Bridge-E to Ivy Bridge-E, Intel determined the supporting X79 motherboard needed no such upgrade.