Asus ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA X299 Motherboard
Asus ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega, Intel X299, S 2066, DDR4,SATA3,U.2, Dual M.2, 3-Way SLi/xFire, USB 3.1 Gen2 A+C
By DPD On 19th Feb 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Intel X299 EATX gaming motherboard LGA 2066 for Intel Core X-Series processors, with ROG DIMM.2, DDR4 4266MHz , onboard 802.11ac Wi-Fi, 10Gbps LAN, USB 3.1 Gen 2, SATA, Quad M.2 and Aura Sync RGB lighting
We've rethought and refined every aspect of Rampage VI Extreme Omega to provide the solid foundation needed to create an extreme gaming system that delivers the highest performance.
Power Design That Bucks The Trends
The monstrous compute power of high core count (HCC) processors necessitates a power circuit that rapidly responds to massive current swings. And those demands increase exponentially when the CPU is overclocked. Featuring an array of 16 strategically paired power stages, the Omega's VRM is geared for any workload and all operating conditions.
• Dual 8-Pin Procool Power Connectors -Two ProCool connectors ensure a snug and reliable connection to the EPS 12V power lines.
• Powerstage® Mosfets - The Omega VRM is comprised of 16 IR3555 PowIRstages, each rated to handle 60 amps
• Microfine Alloy Chokes - Each PowIRstage is accompanied by a high-permeability alloy-core choke rated to handle 45 amps.
• 10K Japanese Made Black Mettalic Capacitors - Input and output filtering is provided by solid-polymer capacitors rated to last thousands of hours at high operating temperatures
Overclocked multi-core processors place incredible loads on the VRM when transitioning between load states. However, conventional motherboard design practices place primary focus on component specs without implementing circuit topologies that provide optimal transient response. The Omega bucks industry trends by utilising teamed PowIRstages to double the burst current of each phase and rapidly respond to load changes.
HCC processors crunching multi-threaded compute workloads can demand colossal memory space and bandwidth. The Omega features choice Optimem II enhancements to maximize signal integrity and drive high-density memory configurations to speeds previously reserved for low-capacity setups.
Effective cooling is extremely important for up to 18-core processing beasts, even at stock speeds. That's why ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega is fully armed to provide the best foundation for extreme PC systems, enabling higher performance at lower temperatures.
• Active Heatsink - Fans located within the heatsink kick on after 60°C and allow the Rampage VI Extreme Omega to handle sustained power draw of over 500W.
• Aluminium I/O Cover - The aluminum I/O cover is connected to the primary heatsink via an embedded heatpipe, increasing mass and surface area.
• Aluminium Heatsink Cover - The cover is crafted from pure aluminum to efficiently cool the two onboard M.2 drives.
• Dimm.2 Heatsinks -The ROG DIMM.2 module now passively cools M.2 drives with metal heatsinks that also keeps your build looking clean.
• Dual Backplates - Dual backplates add rigidity and additional functionality to the oversized board. One adds additional mass to siphon heat from the VRM, while the other adds additional RGB lighting effects.
• PCH Heatsink - The PCH heatsink blends seamlessly with the Aluminum Heatsink cover and prominently features the ROG logo.
Cooler By Design
Rampage VI Extreme Omega features the most comprehensive cooling options ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
• Multiple temperature sources - Each header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling. And all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or UEFI.
• 4-pin PWM/DC fan - Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
• Heatsink Fan - A dedicated header for onboard heatsink fan.
• Bundled Fan Extension Card II - Includes six additional DC or PWM fan headers, plus three thermal-probe headers.
• Water pump+ - A dedicated header that can supply over 3A to high-performance PWM or DC water pumps.
• Water in/out - Enables monitoring of temperatures at the input/output of any component.
• Water flow - Enables constant monitoring of flow rate of the entire loop.
• Water-block header - A special connector that lets water blocks designed for the ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega provide flow, temperature and leakage data.
ROG Water Cooling Zone
ROG Water-Cooling Zone's dual water-temperature headers and flow-rate header feed information straight into the AI Suite utility, so you can keep track of coolant temperatures, and the flow rate of the entire loop.
• W_Flow Tachometer - Enables constant monitoring of flow rate of the entire loop.
• W_In/Out Sensor - Enables monitoring of temperatures at the input/output of any component.
Fan Extension Card II
ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega includes our new Fan Extension Card II, which adds six headers that are controllable via FanXpert 4. The card has three temperature-sensor headers to complement the one available onboard and, more importantly, it comes with three thermistors that you can affix to different components. In addition to supplying extra headers for cooling, it has three primed for RGB LED strips.
Rampage VI Extreme Omega is packed with intuitive and flexible tools that let you customize every aspect of your system to deliver the performance and features you want. Take advantage of 5-Way Optimization for intelligent, automatic overclocking or enjoy full manual control via comprehensive UEFI BIOS settings.
Performance Level Up
AI Suite 3's dashboard-style control panel lets you fine-tune almost every aspect of your Rampage VI Extreme Omega system. Get the best balance between performance, cooling, stability, and efficiency via one simple and intuitive interface.
The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is an intelligent onboard micro-controller that provides an array of system-tuning features, including the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats and adjust overclocking parameters.
All-around energy efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode — a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Flexible cooling controls for air or liquid
Enjoy comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers, via either Fan Expert 4 or our award-winning UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Precise digital power control
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power-efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Turbo Core App
Intel's processors feature per-core tuning, and the ASUS Turbo app makes use of this feature by letting you assign applications to specific processor cores, prioritizing computing power where it's needed most.
Every aspect of Omega is designed to enhance your gaming and creative experience. The Intel 10Gbps Ethernet controller opens the door to massive files transfers and ultralow latency, while four M.2 slots offer fast load times and flexible storage expansion. Finally, integrated SupremeFX audio enhances recording quality to ensure superb clarity for streaming, gaming chat and more.
Rampage VI Extreme Omega comes equipped with four M.2 slots to let you take full advantage of Intel VROC NVMe RAID for ultimate SSD storage speeds.
• VROC- Use an onboard M.2 slot and the exclusive ROG DIMM.2 module to take advantage of Intel's Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) feature* by connecting the three M.2 drives in RAID configurations. With VROC, your RAID arrays are easily configured to be bootable, and traditional DMI bottlenecks are eliminated so your storage is not held back by other traffic.
• PCH Raid - ired directly to the X299 PCH, the lower onboard M.2 slot can be used in chipset-based RAID configurations to improve storage performance or provide a layer of redundancy.
Intel Integrated Ultra Wi-Fi Support
ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega features Intel Wireless-AC 9260 Wi-Fi (802.11ac) with 2x2 MU-MIMO and HT160 support for wireless speeds of up to 1.73Gbps.* In fact, the integrated adapter pushes wireless data up to 2X faster than other Wi-Fi solutions — so you'll get fast, smooth transfers, even when your rig is further away from the router. Intel Wireless-AC 9260 also offers Bluetooth 5.0 for connections that are up to 2X faster than ever before, and with up to 4X the range.
10GBPS Onboard Ethernet
Designed for the demanding requirements of power users and content creators who push the envelope, 10Gbps onboard LAN plugs you into a new era of home networking. With up to 10X the bandwidth of standard gigabit Ethernet, you'll enjoy streaming uncompressed 4K UHD videos, and backups and file transfers that are faster than ever before. And there's also support for intermediate 2.5Gbps and 5Gbps connectivity, allowing you to step up to faster networks for maximum flexibility. Choose the bandwidth that meets your needs and enjoy ultra-low latency at any speed.
ROG Rampage VI Extreme Omega features the latest Intel® Ethernet (I219-V) for faster, smoother gaming. This Intel controller has a natural synergy with Intel processors and chipsets, reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput – so there's more power for games and other tasks.
ROG is renowned for superior onboard audio, and Rampage VI Extreme Omega is no exception. The front-panel headphone output features a SABRE9018Q2C integrated DAC/amp capable of reaching -115dB THD+N to provide playback that convey all the subtlety and nuances of the audio track. The improved resolution derived from the ESS Hyperstream™ DAC architecture expands the soundstage to give a better sense of positioning. Beyond resolution, the 121dB DNR provides an extremely low noise-floor, further accentuating dynamics and punch. And, when you want to shift priority to musicality, our Sonic Studio software provides an array of EQ options, allowing the sound signature to be tweaked to suit your cans.
• LED-Illuminated Audio Jacks - Backlit audio jacks save you from fumbling around in the dark
• ESS® SABRE9018Q2C Dac/Amp - Creates a perfect balance for top-tier audio clarity capable of –115dB THD
• S1220 Codec - 10 DAC channels, simultaneous 7.1-channel playback, independent 2.0-channel, multiple-stream stereo to front-panel outputs
• Switching Mosfets - Unique design allows the codec's impedance-sensing function to be ported with either the front or rear headphone outputs
• Nichicon® Caps - Fine-quality Japanese-made components that produce a warmer, natural sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
PERSONALIZED FOR YOU
• Aura Sync
• Gamefirst V - GameFirst V is the ROG-exclusive tool that optimizes network traffic for faster, lag-free online gaming. Team your gateways, keeps tabs on bandwidth-hogging apps and make adjustments on the fly.
• Ramcache III - RAMCache turns milliseconds into microseconds to boost game-load times. Fully compatible with the latest NVM Express storage options, its uniquely intelligent technology effectively caches an entire storage device so that favorite games and apps launch at breakneck speeds.
• Sonic Studio III - Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
• Livedash - Rampage VI Extreme Omega motherboards are equipped with LiveDash — a built-in OLED panel that displays useful information and customizable graphics. Select which system stats to monitor, choose personalized GIFs and images to display.
• Armoury Crate - The brand-new Armoury Crate portal keeps you updated with the latest drivers and BIOS releases. Its easy-to-use UI can be configured to show a variety of information, including security updates, bug patches, the latest ROG news, gaming events and special offers.
Intel X299 chipset
The Intel X299 chipset supports LGA 2066-socket Intel Core X-Series processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X299 provides a maximum 10 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports, 8 SATA 6Gbps ports and 32Gbps M.2 support for faster data retrieval.
Intel® Core™ X-Series processors for LGA 2066 socket
Intel Core X-Series processors (6-core and above): 4-channel (8-DIMM), 44/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
Features • Intel LGA 2066 socket: Ready for the latest 9th Generation Intel® Core™ X-Series processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to four M.2 drives, USB 3.1 Gen 2, Intel® VROC and Intel® Optane™ memory compatibility.
• Comprehensive thermal design: Active heatsink with integrated VRM fan, PCIe-zone M.2 aluminum heatsink and dual backplates.
• High-performance networking: Onboard Aquantia® 10Gbps LAN, 802.11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, and Intel gigabit LAN with ASUS LANGuard and GameFirst V technologies.
• 5-Way Optimization: Automated system-wide tuning, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailor made for your rig.
• SafeSlot technology: Firmly-anchored PCIe slots fortified with metal to support heavyweight graphics cards.
• Unmatched personalization: LiveDash OLED and ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including two additional RGB headers and one addressable header.
• Industry-leading ROG audio: SupremeFX S1220 and ESS® SABRE9018Q2C for enthusiast-grade audio performance driven by Japanese capacitors.
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Quad (4) [6+ Core] / Dual (2) [4 Core]|
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||128GB (8x16GB) [6+ Core] / 64GB (4x16GB) [4 Core]|
|Audio||ROG SupremeFX 8-Ch. HD Audio S1220|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|NVIDIA SLI Support||3-Way SLi|
|AMD CrossFire Support||3-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||None|
|SATA Support||SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||SATA|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Board Dimensions||305 x 277 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months
- 01442 265548
Date Issued: 22nd Jun 2017
These are exciting times to be in the market for a new CPU. AMD is back in the game with its competitive Ryzen processors, while Intel has upped the ante in the enthusiast space with a refresh of its High-end Desktop (HEDT).