ASUS AMD Threadripper PRIME X399 A TR4 E-ATX Motherboard
ASUS PRIME X399-A, AMD X399, S TR4, DDR4, SATA3, U.2, Dual M.2, 3-Way SLi/CrossFire, Intel GbE, USB 3.1 Gen2 A+C, E-ATX
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
ASUS Prime X399-A is the EATX motherboard that's been expertly engineered for professional content creators and power users who work hard by day and play harder by night. This powerful, innovative board puts a friendly face on advanced enthusiast controls, enabling you to maximise performance, cooling and personalisation with ease. So, if you live to create, explore, and to push the boundaries, look no further than the Prime X399-A.
Tune It Your Way
5-Way Optimisation: One-Click Overclock and Cooling, Done!
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. ASUS 5-Way Optimisation makes your PC smart. It dynamically optimises essential aspects of the system, providing overclocking and cooling profiles that are tailored for your rig.
• An automated tuning utility that optimises overclocking and cooling profiles for your unique system configuration.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and deliver optimal airflow when the system is crunching through CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
• All-new stress test that allows users to optimise and overclock for CPU or memory-centric workloads.
TPU: CPU Performance Boost
Unleash your PC's full performance with the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility. A TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) is the intelligence behind our automated system-tuning utility, offering the ability to fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats, and adjust overclock parameters for optimal performance.
EPU: All-Round Energy Efficiency
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimises power consumption and maximises savings with Away mode.
Fan Xpert 4: Flexible Cooling Controls for Air or Liquid
With Prime X399-A you have comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and even all-in-one (AIO) coolers, via either Fan Expert 4 or our award-winning UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum — keeping your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
Digi+ Power Control: Precise Digital Power Control
Digi+ delivers real-time control over voltage droop, switching frequency and power -efficiency settings, allowing you to fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Turbo App: App Specific Optimisation for Professionals and Gamers
Whether you're a professional designer or hardcore gamer, you'll feel the benefit of the ASUS-exclusive Turbo App every day. This intuitive tool allows you to define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritise network data and optimise audio settings at app level, meaning your Prime X399-A system is perfectly optimised for what you're doing.
Cooler by Design
Prime X399-A features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS:
Multiple Temperature Sources
Each header can be set to monitor and react to three thermal sensors, and via Fan Xpert 4 you can even assign a sensor to monitor the temperature of supported ASUS graphics cards, for optimal cooling during GPU or CPU-intensive workloads.
Dual Pump Headers
A dedicated header that supplies over 3A for high-performance PWM or DC water pumps, plus a second dedicated header for AIOs.
Back I/O Fan
A built-in fan attached to the main heatsink array that helps cool the CPU VRM.
4-Pin PWM/DC Fan
Every on-board header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
ASUS Fan Extension Card Support
Includes three additional DC or PWM fan headers, plus three thermal-probe headers.
A dedicated integrated circuit that protects each fan header from over-temperature and over-current.
Media-Acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• EZ Tuning Wizard: Quickly apply a CPU overclock to improve system performance
• My Favourites: Quickly discover tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click.
• SATA Information: Displays SATA port details so you can easily recognise drives.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• GPU POST: Provides recommendations for multi-VGA configurations and detailed information for select ASUS graphics cards.
• Secure Erase: Restores your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
• Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
Make Your Memory Go Faster
Prime X399-A is engineered to support quad-channel memory kits rated up to a staggering DDR4 3600MHz, allowing you to get the best performance from the X399 platform. We've worked with all major DDR4 memory vendors to help ensure compatibility, so you're assured the best compatibility.
OC Design: ASUS Pro Clock Technology
A dedicated base-clock generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and base-clock overclocking control, providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors.
Connect Everything, Ultra-Fast
M.2: Speed Up with On-Board M.2 Up to 32Gbps
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbps data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, providing fast access to data.
M.2 Heatsink: Keep Your SSD Cooler
Prime X399-A has an ultra-efficient heatsink to reduce M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20°C — and that means optimal storage performance and improved SSD longevity.
U.2 Connector: Join the NVMe Revolution
The revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Just attach your chosen drive to with plug-and-play ease to experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps — and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card.
USB 3.1 Gen 2 Front-Panel Connector: Future-Proof Connectivity
Prime X399-A's front panel USB 3.1 connector is ready for next-gen PC cases and devices.
USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C: Ultimate-Speed 10Gbps with USB 3.1 On-Board
With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A™ and reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ ports, you'll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
Intel Ethernet: More Throughput, Less CPU Usage
Prime X399-A features the latest Intel Ethernet. Intel's LAN has the advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput for faster, smoother data transfer.
• Lower CPU workload.
• High TCP & UDP throughput.
LANGuard: Pumped-Up Throughput, 2.5x Higher Surge Tolerance
ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors to ensure a more reliable connection and better throughput.
Turbo LAN: Network-Optimisation Software for Customisable Packet Prioritisation
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology allows you to configure application priority via an intuitive interface, and reduces network lag.
Step Up to Multi-GPU Graphics
With support for both NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ 2/3-WAY configurations, Prime X399-A motherboard enables multi-GPU setups so you can harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies to drive games at 4K and beyond.
SafeSlot: Protect Your Graphics Card Investment
SafeSlot* is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-moulding process, SafeSlot integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
Upgrade to Unrivalled Audio
Outstanding Audio: Realtek Codec and Unique Design Features for Pristine, Powerful Audio
Prime X399-A utilises a unique audio codec designed in close collaboration with Realtek — the Realtek S1220A. It also features an unprecedented 120dB signal-to-noise ratio for the stereo line-out and a 113dB SNR for the line-in, providing pristine audio quality. Additionally, a new impedance-sensing circuit automatically adjusts gain to ensure the optimal volume range for your headphones.
DTS Headphone X: Surround Sound, To Go
Immersive 3D surround-sound technology provides incredible audio experiences.
• Crystal Sound 3: Flawless Audio That Makes You Part of the Game
• Power Pre-Regulator: Reduces power-input noise to ensure consistent performance.
• Audio Shielding: Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
• Separate Layer for Left and Right Tracks: Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
• Integrated Amplifier: Capable of driving high-impedance headphones, without rolling-off high or low frequencies.
• De-Pop Circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
• Premium Japanese-Made Audio Capacitors: Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity.
Make It Your Own
Aura Sync: Outshine Your Competition
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB lighting control with a variety of functional presets for the built-in RGB LEDs as well as strips connected to the on-board RGB header.* And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
• Colour Cycle.
• Flash & Dash.
• Glowing Yo Yo.
• Starry Night.
• Music Effect.
• CPU Temperature.
*The Aura RGB-strip header supports standard 5050 RGB LED strips with a maximum power rating of 2A (12V). For maximum brightness, strip length should not exceed 2m. **One extension cable is included. LED Strips and Aura-compatible devices are sold separately.
Exclusive 3D Mount for Easy Installation: Make It Your Own
Dedicated 3D mounts on the motherboard makes fitting 3D-printed parts easy. Using the same screws as M.2 drives and standard motherboard mounting holes, you can easily add nameplates and cable covers.
• M.2 Fan Holder: A fan mount for M.2 drives to help prevent thermal throttling.
As system parts are visible in custom PC builds, make yours stand out from the competition with 3D-printed accessories.
3D Print Your Own: Graphics Card Holder
Prevent sag by providing support for heavy graphics cards.
3D Print Your Own: 2-Way SLI HB Bridge Cover
Clip the cover onto the SLI HB Bridge to add style to your build. Multiple form factors — EATX, ATX and mATX — are available.
3D Print Your Own: Fan Grill
Make your cooling a little cooler.
3D Print Your Own: Cable Combs
Keep cables organised with the multi-connector design. 3D design files are available for 24-pin, 8-pin, 8 + 6-pin, 6-pin and 4-pin PSU connectors.
Guide to Start 3D Printing
• Download: Select the 3D source files you want to download.
• Personalise: Adjust size or shape, add text or change other attributes.
• Print: Use your own printer, or visit a local vendor or ASUS store with Shapeways.
• Setup: Easily assemble and fit your 3D-printed parts using M.2 nuts or existing case mounts. Features • Ready for Ryzen™: Latest AMD socketTR4 for Threadripper™ processors.
• 5-Way Optimisation: One-click, system-wide tuning, delivering optimised overclocks and intelligent cooling for CPU or GPU-intensive tasks.
• Industry-Leading Cooling Options: Comprehensive controls for fans and water pumps, via Fan Xpert 4 software or the acclaimed ASUS UEFI.
• Next-Gen Connectivity: On-board U.2, M.2 and front-panel USB 3.1 Gen 2 connector.
• M.2 Heatsink: Ultra-efficient heatsink reduces M.2 SSD temperatures by up to 20°C for unthrottled transfer speeds and enhanced reliability.
• Aura Sync: Controllable on-board RGB lighting easily syncs with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura Sync-capable hardware.
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Quad (4)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||ECC/Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||128GB (8x16GB)|
|Audio||Realtek ALC S1220A 7.1 HD Audio + Crystal Sound 3|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|NVIDIA SLI Support||3-Way SLi|
|AMD CrossFire Support||3-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||None|
|SATA Support||SATA3 / M.2|
|RAID Support via||SATA|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||Wired Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000)|
|Network Chip/Modules||1 x Intel® I211AT (Gigabit LAN)|
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 01442 265548