Rated 3 out of 5 by 4
Rated 2 out of 5 by MJ1965 Has serious manufacturer issues
I purchased this Chassis as it was advertised as having all my requirements ticked.
1. When I opened the box I was not impressed by the broken polystyrene packing and the lack of a complete bag wrap.
2. Having inspected the Chassis, yes it was scratched, but I felt that I could forgive that and avoid the returns hassle.
3. I continued my build and removing the front bezel I noticed the manufacturers heavy handedness when creating the frame holes.
4. Removing the top hood was an absolute nightmare.
5. Removing the side panels is not as easy as it looks, the thumb screw threads were not tapped at all well and they require a screw driver to screw up again all the way in. Thumb tight what happened to that??
6.The 2 front panel fans I re located, with ease I wish to add, and they are now sitting under 2 drives on the Convertors.
7. Installing the PSU I came across really poor manufacturer workmanship, the screw holes at the rear are drilled out so close to the PSU fan outlet that they barely bind the PSU to the Chassis.
8. Motherboard and cabling went smoothly.
9. The Instruction manual is naff!!
9. Now when you have built your machine what do you like to do, yes power on!!
10. Pressed the power button on the hood and what happened? nada, sweet nothing.
11. Checked all connections, checked manuals, tried to power on again from the front control power button, nada, sweet nothing!!
12. The I noticed a loose wire hanging down from the hood with manufacturers resin on the end of it. Yes the reset button was snapped away from it's connector before packing and nobody had noticed!!
13. But why won't the power button, power up the system, the reset button and the power button are 2 separate lines?
14. I called Scan and a really helpful Tech had a chat, within 5 mins we had the system up and running, but not via the chassis power button, by using the pin heads on the motherboard.
15. Scan are now replacing the 2 front panel cable runs and hopefully all will work properly once they have been replaced.
16. The manufacturers resin is also a real mess on the chassis, LEDs are not exactly in their mountings!!!
09 May 2016
Rated 1 out of 5 by BadAnimal78 OK if you don't have liquid cooling.
Got this because the case looks really nice. However for me, that's where it stops. If you have (like I do the Corsair H80i GT AIO liquid cooling system) an All In One liquid cooling system, then move on to another case. It simply does not fit any shape way or form. I would be returning the case but I had to do some damaging changes to get mine to fit in. Stock fans look nice (Blue LEDs) but are really noisy. Case feels cheap and flimsy, drive bays don't fit with the screwless brackets and doesn't even stand straight when on the desk. Regret buying and already saving for a significantly better case. A shame really as it does look good.
23 December 2015
Rated 4 out of 5 by Builder583 Only a few small issues on the whole.
This case is amazing value but there are better ones out there for the money.
Stock Fans are very loud and inefficient.
Very difficult to install HDDs into their slots.
Case came with multiple scratches and dents, most notably on the side panel. (Same with the box)
One of the LED's on the front are broken (top fan has no light)
Top USB ports are very stiff, need persuasion to get a USB device into the 2.0. The 3.0 is a little looser but still an annoyance.
The side panels are metal, the front, top and back are made of white plastic. The LED's shine through which bring bad contrast to the meeting point of the top and the side panel.
Case looks very nice with a good colour scheme.
The 'X' mesh allows you to observe your PC.
Very easy to clean dust filters.
Plenty of room for all of my components.
Retractable feet on the bottom are good for tuning stability and space used.
05 July 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by Burt603 Fantastic
This is the king of cases and excellent value for money I would recommend it to everyone, great features and four yes four fans.
01 January 2014