Asus STRIX GAMING OC AMD Radeon RX 470 8GB Graphics Card
8GB Asus Radeon RX 470 ROG STRIX GAMING OC, 14nm Polaris, PCIe 3.0, 6600MHz GDDR5, 1250MHz Boost, 2048 Streams
Outshine The Competition
ROG Strix RX 470 gaming graphics cards are packed with exclusive ASUS technologies, including DirectCU II Technology with Patented Wing-Blade Fans for up to 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance, and Industry-only Auto-Extreme Technology for premium quality and the best reliability. Aura RGB Lighting enables a gaming system personalisation. ROG Strix RX 470 also has GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster that provides intuitive performance tweaking and instant gameplay streaming.
ROG Strix is the newest recruit into the Republic of Gamers. A series of specialized gaming gear designed for the rebel in all of us, Strix exemplifies ROG's premier performance, innovative technology, and leading quality, but with its own confident and dynamic attitude. Featuring bold designs and bright colours, this exciting new series possesses a spirit of fierce individualism that charges every gaming experience with thrilling energy. ROG Strix equips players with the necessary speed and agility to dominate their game. A new generation of force has arrived. Join the Republic and experience the power of ROG Strix.
• Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II.
• DirectCU II with Direct-GPU Contact Heatpipes.
• Patented Wing-Blade 0dB Fans.
• ASUS FanConnect Features GPU-Controlled Fan Headers.
• AURA RGB Lighting,
Game Cool and Play Silent
DirectCU II Technology with Direct-GPU Contact Heatpipes: 30% Cooler and 3X Quieter Performance
Exclusive DirectCU II cooling technology features direct-GPU contact heatpipes that transports more heat away from the GPU and outperform reference designs, achieving up to 30% cooler gaming performance.
Patented Dual Wing-Blade 0dB Fans: Max Air Flow with 105% More Air Pressure
DirectCU II features dual 0dB fans engineered with a patented wing-blade design that delivers maximum air flow and improved 105% static pressure over the heat sink, while operating at 3X quieter volumes than reference cards. The 0dB fans also let you enjoy games in complete silence and make DirectCU II the coolest and quietest graphics card in the market.
ASUS FanConnect: Targeted Supplemental Cooling
When gaming, GPU temperatures are often higher than CPU temps. However, chassis fans usually reference CPU temperatures only, which results in inefficient cooling of the system. For optimal thermal performance, ROG Strix RX 470 graphics cards feature a 4-pin GPU-controlled header that can be connected to system fan for targeted supplemental cooling.
Premium Quality and Best Reliability
Auto-Extreme Technology: Industry-only 100% Automated Production Process
All ASUS graphics cards are now produced using Auto-Extreme Technology, an industry-exclusive, 100% automated production process that incorporates premium materials to set a new standard of quality. Auto-Extreme Technology ensures consistent graphics card quality as well as improved performance and longevity. This new manufacturing process is also environmentally friendly, eliminating harsh chemicals and reducing power consumption by 50%.
• 100% automation removes human fallibility from production.
• Fortify components for overclocking stability.
• Advanced and stringent quality control.
• Advanced components design innovation.
• Smooth circuit board without sharp bumps.
• Flux-free production.
5+1 Phase Super Alloy Power II: Enhanced Durability and Efficiency
ASUS engineers have integrated premium alloy components into their graphics card designs to reinforce overall reliability. Super Alloy Power II components greatly enhance efficiency, reduce power loss and achieve thermal levels that are approximately 50% cooler than previous designs.
• 2X Quieter Choke: Decrease buzzing noise with concrete alloy chokes.
• 20% Cooler MOS: Decreases temperature and increases power efficiency.
• 2.5X Lifespan Capacitor: Over 90,000 hours longer than traditional capacitors.
• POSCAP: Maximize overclocking headroom. (Positioned at the back of GPU).
Personalised Gaming Style
Aura RGB Lighting: Where Style Meets Performance
Featuring Aura RGB Lighting on both the shroud, ROG Strix graphics cards are capable of displaying millions of colours and six different effects for a personalised gaming system.
• Aura Lighting Effects:
• Static: Always on.
• Breathing: Fades in & out.
• Strobing: Flashes on & off.
• Colour Cycle: Fades between the colours of the rainbow.
• Music Effect: Pulses to the beat of your music.
• GPU Temperature: Changes colour with GPU load.
Gear Up For Ultimate Gaming Experience
Your Need for Speed, Fulfilled: The Best Combo Ultra-Smooth Gameplay
AMD FreeSync™ technology resolves the communication issues between processor and monitor, eliminating image tears and choppiness for effortlessly smooth gameplay. With ROG Strix gaming graphics cards and ASUS MG gaming monitors, scenes appear instantly, objects look sharper, and gameplay is super smooth, giving you a stunning visual experience and a serious competitive edge.
Game Your Way
GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster: Tweak Till Your Heart's Content
Redesigned with an intuitive, all-new UI, GPU Tweak II makes overclocking easier and more visual than ever, while still retaining advanced options for seasoned overclockers. With one click, the new Gaming Booster function maximizes system performance by removing redundant processes and allocating all available resources automatically.
• Gaming Booster: One-click Performance Up
• Visual Effects: Boost your performance by turning off windows visual effects.
• System Services: Automatically or manually turn off windows services or process.
• Memory Defragmentation: Re-arrange & free your system memory without closing any processes.
XSplit Gamecaster: Instant Gameplay Streaming
An included 14-day XSplit Gamecaster premium license lets you easily stream or record gameplay via a convenient, in-game overlay. The overlay also displays GPU clock speed, temperature, and VRM usage, and has GPU Tweak II controls, so gamers can choose a gaming profile and boost performance with just one click. Features • 1270 MHz Engine Clock in OC Mode for outstanding performance and gaming experience.
• DirectCU II with Patented Wing-Blade 0dB Fan Design delivers maximum air flow with 30% cooler and 3X quieter performance.
• ASUS FanConnect features 4-pin GPU-controlled header connected to system fans for optimal thermal performance.
• Industry Only Auto-Extreme Technology with Super Alloy Power II delivers premium quality and best reliability.
• Aura RGB Lighting to express personalised gaming style.
• GPU Tweak II with XSplit Gamecaster provides intuitive performance tweaking and lets you stream your gameplay instantly.
|Chipset||Radeon RX 470|
|Edition||ROG STRIX GAMING OC|
|Manufacturing Process||14 nm|
|Boost Clock||1250 (1270 in OC Mode) MHz|
|Memory Speed (Effective with DDR)||6600 MHz|
|Memory Data Rate|
|Memory Bus||256 Bit|
|Memory Bandwidth||211 GB/s|
|Cooling Solution||Dual Fan (2)|
|Cooler Design||DirectCU II|
|Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|Maximum Digital Resolution||3840x2160 (Ultra HD)|
|Maximum Analog (VGA) Resolution||N/A|
|Max. Concurrent Displays||4 Displays|
|AMD CrossFire Support||2-Way CrossFire|
|AMD Freesync Support||Yes|
|AMD FreeSync Version|
|Microsoft DirectX Support||12 API|
|Low Profile Support||N/A|
|Graphics Card TDP/Power|
|Graphics Card Power Connectors||1 x 8-pin PCIe|
|Minimum Recommended PSU|
|Maximum GPU Temperature|
|Dimensions||242 x 129 x 42 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 01442 265548
Date Issued: 4th Aug 2016
2016 has been chock-full of new graphics cards based on cutting-edge architectures that have given PC gamers plenty to be excited about. Both AMD and Nvidia have whet our appetites with cards such as the RX 480, GTX 1060, GTX 1070, GTX 1080 and Titan X, yet with manufacturer suggested retail prices starting at $199 and soaring to well beyond $1,000, there arguably hasn't been a GPU with genuine mainstream attraction.