- 3TB Seagate ST3000DM001 Barracuda, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, 8.5ms, NCQ, OEM£83.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock
- 3TB WD Red WD30EFRX, 3.5" NAS HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 64MB Cache, NCQ£109.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock
Inside is the Hitachi HDS724040ALE640 (0F14681)
This drive uses Advanced Format, which increases the sector size on HDDs from 512 bytes to 4096 (4K) bytes, thereby increasing capacities and improving error correcting capabilities.
Consult the Hitachi Advanced Format Technology Brief for more information. The 7K4000 also boasts a 6Gb/s SATA interface and 64MB cache buffer to balance performance and capacity.
The Deskstar 7K4000 is designed to help manufacturers deliver high-performance, high-capacity, power-efficient systems. Manufacturers planning to use the 4TB drive in systems should consult the Hitachi High Capacity Technology Brief.
This 4Tb Drive Stores approx
800,000 6Mpix Photos (approx 3.5MB Jpegs or
307 Hours of HD Videos or
1000000 MP3 Songs of 4 mins each at 128Kbps
Consumer and commercial computers
Video editing arrays Features • Colossal add-on storage for your PC or Mac
• Hitachi GPT Disk Manager to overcome the 2.2 TB limitation of Windows systems
• 3.5-inch Desktop SATA interface
• Green, eco-friendly technology
• Exceeds the industry standard for quality and reliability
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- Hitachi / IBM
- 0207 133 0032
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 14th Jun 2008
In this guide we will be examining a popular method used for increasing the performance and reliability of your hard drives and data storage