MSI 4GB GAMING X RX480 AMD Graphics Card with Twin Frozr VI
4GB MSI Radeon RX 480 GAMING X, 14nm Polaris, PCIe 3.0, 7000MHz GDDR5, 1303MHz Boost, 2304 Streams, 2xDP/2xHDMI/DVI-D DL
The 4th generation GCN architecture is engineered for gamers who play anything from the latest MOBA's to the most popular AAA titles. Asynchronous Shaders and an enhanced Geometry Engine power new levels of smooth gameplay performance.
Immersive VR Experiences
Experience the next level of immersion with the world of VR gaming and entertainment with Radeon RX graphics cards powered by the revolutionary Polaris architecture.
AMD FreeSync™ Technology
Puts an end to choppy gameplay and broken frames with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate.
Enhanced contrast and colours deliver a strikingly sharp, colourful, and vivid visual experience.
• The Ultimate Gaming Graphics Card: Design and Performance in a class of its own.
• Fierce Gaming Glow: Customize the LED lights and effects to match your system or mood.
• TORX 2.0 Fan: MSI's patented fan design generates 22% more air pressure for supremely silent performance.
• We've Got You Covered: Solid metal backplate included for extra toughness and finished looks.
TORX 2.0 Fan: Teamwork for Greater Strength
Just like in games, the exclusive MSI TORX 2.0 Fan technology uses the power of teamwork to allow the TWIN FROZR VI to achieve new levels of cool.
TORX 2.0 Fan design generates 22% more air pressure for supremely silent performance in the heat of battle.
• Dispersion Fan Blade: Has a steeper curved blade which accelerates the airflow, increasing its effectiveness.
• Traditional Fan Blade: Pushes down a steady airflow to the massive heatsink below.
Zero Frozr: Stay Undetected
First introduced in 2008 by MSI, ZeroFrozr technology has made its mark and is now the industry standard among graphics cards. It eliminates fan noise by stopping the fans in low-load situations. This means you can focus on gaming without the noise of spinning fans.
• >60C Fans Spinning: During intense gaming or benchmarking.
• <60C Fans Stop: Completely silent during idle, multimedia or light gaming.
"If your TORX 2.0 fans stop, it's time to push your gaming rig harder!"
Catch the Vibe with Cool LED Effects
Each LED can be controlled individually by choosing any of the animation effects available in the MSI Gaming App, ranging from responding to your game sounds or music to steady light, breathing and flashing. Of course, you can also turn them off.
• Double Flashing
Lurking under the cover of the GAMING graphics card is an engineering masterpiece designed to keep the graphics card cool. Every tiny detail of the intricate heatsink plays an essential part in providing a cool & quiet gaming experience.
Airflow Control Technology
Using advanced aerodynamics, Airflow Control Technology directs more air directly onto the TWIN FROZR VI heat pipes. The special deflectors on the heat sink enlarge the surface area, which means lower temperatures and better gaming.
Smooth Heat Pipes
Up to 8mm thick copper heat pipes with a smooth squared shape at the bottom maximize heat transfer from the surface of the copper base plate.
To temper the heat generated by a powerful GPU, MSI GAMING series graphics cards use a solid nickel-plated copper base plate. The base plate catches the heat from the GPU and transfers it to the heat pipes for dissipation so you can keep cool.
Premium Thermal Compound
Every detail counts when it comes to creating the ultimate thermal design, which is why TWIN FROZR VI uses a premium thermal compound to make sure it outlives the competition.
Close Quarters Cooling
Below the heatsink you find the close quarters cooling which enables you to push the MSI GAMING card to the max.
• Rugged Anti Bending strip.
• Memory Cooling Plate for stable & higher overclocks.
• PWM Heatsink covering the length of the card to ensure cool temperatures.
Extra Power Input
A tailored PCB design higher performance and extra cooling comes with an extra 6-pin connector to allow for overclocking beyond the limits.
• Larger PCB for extra cooling.
• 8-Pin (150Watt) power connector.
Enhanced PWM Design
A 8-Phase PWM design with High Quality Military Class components ensures extreme reliability and superb overclockablity and enhanced efficiency.
• Hi-C CAPs.
• Super Ferrite Chokes.
• Japanese Solid Caps.
A powerful graphics card needs a strong build to harness its performance. MSI GAMING X graphics cards are fitted with a solid metal back plate to make it extra tough. The matte black finish completes the TWIN FROZR VI design to perfection.
Gaming enthusiasts are always looking for more performance to get the ultimate experience. Using multiple graphics cards in Crossfire is a great way to find out just how good it gets. MSI GAMING graphics cards fully support multi GPU technologies.
The Future of Gaming
The smoothest, fastest and most exciting gaming experience ever by eliminating screen tearing, display shutter and input lag.
Ultra-high resolution (UHD) delivers 4x the resolution of 1080p content, enabling much sharper and crisper images with delicate details during gaming.
Prepare for VR with MSI
To experience and enjoy the impressive world of Virtual Reality, high-performance hardware is required. MSI, world leading brand in high-end gaming and eSports, provides the right advice to make sure your system is VR Ready. Integrating the very best of cutting edge technologies in recommended MSI VR gaming hardware for smooth performance. Together with our VR partners, MSI brings gamers an extremely realistic VR experience where games come alive.
One Click to VR with Gaming App
To get the best VR experience, you need your PC to deliver maximum performance. The MSI Gaming App gets your PC primed for VR use in just a single click by setting all key components to high performance settings and making sure other software applications do not impact your VR adventure.
The MSI Gaming App allows for one-click performance profiles that unlock extra performance for gaming or keep your card silent during light use. It also features the EyeRest tab, giving you easy access to image quality improving technology. The LED control tab gives you full control over your MSI GAMING LED lights to set the mood.
• OC Mode: Maximum Performance through higher clock speeds and increased fan performance.
• Gaming Mode: The best balance between in-game performance and silence.
• Silent Mode: The best environment for minimal fan noise.
On-Screen Speed & Temperatures
Real-time monitoring of GPU Core, DRAM Frequency, GPU & CPU Temperatures and much more, in game or in other fullscreen applications, customizable to your preference.
Mobile Gaming App
The exclusive MSI Gaming App is now also available for Android so you can control your graphics card from your phone without having to switch to Windows.
DragonEye: A Different View On Gaming
MSI Dragon Eye allows you to watch a YouTube video or Twitch Stream while playing a game simultaneously. Simply add a link or stream to the Dragon Eye application and select the size, position, volume and transparency and start gaming. With a few hotkeys you can start/pause your video or set the volume.
XSplit Gamecaster: Want to Show Off Your Skills or Just Make a Fun Gaming Video for Your Friends?
XSplit Gamecaster & Broadcaster V2 lets you easily record your gaming moments and broadcast your live gameplay sessions to Twitch, YouTube, UStream and more.
It's simple, easy to use and ideal for sharing your gameplay with friends, family or the world - Or for capturing those perfect gaming moments, just for the heck of it.
So what are you waiting for? Join the revolution and start streaming and recording with XSplit Gamecaster today.
• Video Editor: Assemble and edit your recordings using the simple and straightforward video editor.
• Auto Detect: Game Capture Auto Detect allows for automatic streaming when starting a game.
• Webcam & Chroma Key: Add a webcam and show your game face.
• Share Your Broadcast: Share your broadcast and conquer the world.
• Realtime Notes: Draw attention whilst casting with in-game annotations.
• Record & Stream: Use XSplit Gamecaster to stream & record all of your gaming activities.
WTFast is the Gamers Private Network; like a global automated army of IT specialists all working together to optimize your game connection from end to end. WTFast reports rich connection stats for your online game, so you can see exactly what is happening with your game connection.
• Built just for MMO gamers.
• Reduce average ping.
• Greatly reduce connection flux, spikes and packet loss.
• MSI Exclusive 2-month premium license.
MSI Afterburner is the world's most recognized and widely used graphics card overclocking utility which gives you full control of your graphics cards. It also provides an incredibly detailed overview of your hardware and comes with some additional features such as customizing fan profiles, benchmarking and video recording. Features The Ultimate GAMING: Twin Frozr VI
• Smooth Heat Pipes: Squared shape at bottom maximize heat transfer from the copper base plate.
• Zero Frozr: Stopping the fan in low-load situations, keeping a noise-free environment.
• Airflow Control Technology: Deflectors thrusts air onto heat pipes for lower temperatures and better gaming.
TORX Fan 2.0: Supremely Silent
• Dispersion Fan Blade: Steeper curved blade accelerating the airflow
• Traditional Fan Blade: Provides steady airflow to massive heat sink below.
• Instant Performance: Gain Unlock extra performance or keep your card silent during light use in one click.
• LED Control: Full control on your RGB GAMING LEDs to set the mood.
• Mobile App: Control your graphics card from your phone.
|Chipset||Radeon RX 480|
|Manufacturing Process||14 nm|
|Boost Clock||1303 (1316 in OC Mode) MHz|
|Memory Speed (Effective with DDR)||7000 (7100 in OC Mode) MHz|
|Memory Data Rate|
|Memory Bus||256 Bit|
|Cooling Solution||Dual Fan (2)|
|Cooler Design||Twin Frozr VI|
|Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|Maximum Digital Resolution||7680x4320|
|Maximum Analog (VGA) Resolution||N/A|
|Max. Concurrent Displays||4 Displays|
|AMD CrossFire Support||2-Way CrossFire|
|AMD Freesync Support||Yes|
|Microsoft DirectX Support||12 API|
|Low Profile Support||N/A|
|Graphics Card TDP/Power||150 W|
|Graphics Card Power Connectors||1 x 8-pin PCIe|
|Minimum Recommended PSU||500 W|
|Maximum GPU Temperature|
|Dimensions||140 x 42 x 276 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 14 days
- 0870 820 0009
Date Issued: 29th Jun 2016
It's been a good start to the year for PC enthusiasts. Intel has unleashed the deca-core Core i7-6950X and Nvidia has served up a suitable partner in the form of the high-end GeForce GTX 1080. Handy, if you happen to have thousands of pounds to pour into your next PC, but for everyone else a more mainstream solution is needed to sate our appetites.