Netgear GS748T-500EUS 48 Port ProSafe Gigabit Smart Switch with 4 Fibre Module Slots
48 Port Netgear GS748T ProSafe Gigabit Smart Switch with 4 Fibre Module Slots
By DPD On 21st Nov 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Joining NETGEAR's family of Smart Switches with simple switch management at no extra cost, this 1U high, 48-port Gigabit switch maximizes bandwidth and density for great value and capability.
With 48 10/100/1000 Mbps ports, each capable of powering 2000 Mbps of data throughput in full-duplex mode, plus four optional fiber ports, it provides a 40 Gbps backbone and connects servers or power users, delivering large amounts of multimedia, image, and video information in no time at all. Standards-based, it is ideal for combining 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps devices, as it delivers automatic speed and full/half-duplex sensing plus Auto Uplink™ on every port.
Four hot-swappable Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP)** GBIC slots provide optional fiber connectivity for greater distance. An intuitive, web-browser interface offers simple switch management, making it a snap to monitor switch performance, configure ports, even set up trunks, VLANs, and prioritization.
48 10/100/1000 ports deliver full-speed packet forwarding in a 1U size to migrate your network to future-proof functionality. Four SFP GBIC fiber slots provide optional fiber connectivity for greater distance.
Smart Switch capability enables key management features for the value price of an unmanaged switch. Included are performance monitoring, port configuration, VLAN for traffic control, port trunking for increased bandwidth, and Class of Service (CoS) for traffic prioritization.
Ideal for growing businesses who want the benefits of management without the cost. Compatible with Windows, MAC and Linux operating systems.***
Easygoing and Durable
Simple to set up and simple to use for effortless network monitoring and troubleshooting. Made to last, this sturdy switch is housed in a 17-inch metal box and comes with a rack mounting kit.
**Use with NETGEAR ProSafe AGM731F 1000BASE-SX SFP GBIC module, ProSafeAGM732F 1000BASE-LX SFP GBIC module or ProSafe AGM733 1000BASE-ZX SFP GBIC.
*** Requires PC for initial discovery of Smart Switch features.
Features Network Protocol and Standards Compatibility
· IEEE 802.3 10BASE-T Ethernet
· IEEE 802.3u 100BASE-TX Fast Ethernet
· IEEE 802.3ab 1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet
· IEEE 802.3x full-duplex flow control
· 48 RJ-45 connectors for 10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, and 1000BASE-T (Auto Uplink on all ports)
· 4 SFP slots for fiber Gigabit Ethernet modules
Administrative Switch Management
· IEEE 802.1Q Tag VLAN (up to 64 Static VLAN groups)
· Port-based VLAN (up to 48 groups)
· IEEE 802.1p (Class of Service)
· Port-based QoS (options High/Normal)
· Port Trunking - Manual as per IEEE802.3ad Link Aggregation
· DHCP client function
· Port setting
· Web-based configuration, anywhere on the network
· - Smart Wizard Discovery Utility program auto discovers devices (up to 254 agents/switches); set system configuration to each agent
· Configuration Backup/Restore (easy to configure more than one switch)
· Password access control and Restricted IP Access List
· Firmware upgradeable
Active Flow Control
· Half-duplex back-pressure control
· Full-duplex IEEE 802.3x pause frame flow control
· Forwarding modes: Store-and-forward
· Bandwidth: 40 Gbps
· Network latency: Less than 20 µs for 64-byte frames in store-and-forward mode for100 Mbps to 100 Mbps transmission
· Buffer memory: 1,632 KB embedded memory per unit
· Address database size: 16,000 media access control (MAC) addresses per system
· Addressing: 48-bit MAC address
· Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 69,930 hours (~8 years)
· Unit: power
· Per port: link, activity, speed
· Power Consumption: 70 W maximum
· 100-240VAC/50-60 Hz universal input
· Dimensions (H x W x D): 1.7 x 17.3 x 10.25 in. (43 x 440 x 260 mm)
· Weight: 8.8 lbs (4.0 kg)
· Operating temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40° C)
· Storage temperature: 14 to 158°F (-10 to 70°C)
· Operating humidity: 90% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
· Storage humidity: 95% maximum relative humidity, non-condensing
· Operating altitude: 10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum
· Storage altitude: 10,000 ft (3,000 m) maximum
· CE mark, commercial
· FCC Part 15 Class A
· VCCI Class A
· EN 55022 (CISPR 22), Class A
· EN 50082-1
· EN 55024
Safety Agency Approvals
· UL listed (UL 1950)/cUL
· NETGEAR 5-year warranty
· 48-port Gigabit Smart Switch GS748T
· Rubber footpads
· Power cord
· Rack-mount kit
· Smart Switch Resource CD
· Smart Switch Installation guide
· Warranty/Support information card
|Total Network Ports||
|PoE Support Type|
|No. of Ports Providing PoE|
|Other Non-Network Ports|
|MAC Address Table Size|
|Built-in Flash Memory|
|Acoustic Noise||52 dB|
|Max. Power Consumption||66 W|
|Max. PoE Wattage per Port|
|Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF)||108000 hours|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||305 X 440 X 43 mm|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- 0134 445 8200
"Manufacturer's warranty is reprinted here for your information only. Warranty terms subject to change without notice"
We recommend that you retain your retail packaging within the first 28 days of purchase.
Subject to 2 years manufacturer's warranty, direct with Netgear.
Please follow the RMA procedure on link,
To log a new online support query or to reply to an existing case, please do the following:
1. Go to http://my.netgear.com
2. Fill in our online support web form
3. Follow the on screen instructions
24 x 7 pre- or post-sales technical assistance can be obtained from our European Support Team on 0844 875 4000.
Please contact Netgear only on 0844 875 4000 for your full 2 years warranty.
This Warranty does not cover any damage due to abnormal use or conditions, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, improper handling or storage, serial number altered, defaced or removed; or has had the warranty seal on the system altered, defaced or removed, exposure to moisture, unauthorized modifications, alterations, or repairs, improper installation, improper use of any electrical source, undue physical or electrical stress, operator error, non-compliance with instructions.