StarTech.com 4 Port USB 3.0 Card Adapter
4 Port StarTech.com Quad Bus PCI Express (PCIe) SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Card Adapter with UASP - SATA/LP4 Power
By DPD On 26th Nov To 30th Nov
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
High Performance & Versatility
The PEXUSB3S44V 4-Port PCI Express USB 3.0 Card lets you add four, dedicated 5 Gbps USB 3.0 ports to your PCIe x4-enabled PC. This independent port architecture improves USB 3.0 performance by transferring data on four individual channels to your computer, giving you faster file transfers.
Quadruple the Bandwidth
When multiple devices are connected, traditional single bus USB 3.0 cards share your maximum bandwidth between all ports. By employing four host controller chipsets, each port operates on a separate independent transmission channel. Dedicating up to 5 Gbps to each USB port reduces performance bottlenecks, and effectively quadruples your total available to bandwidth to 20 Gbps.
Significant Speed Increase
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a UASP supported enclosure (Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimises transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers.
For high-power USB devices, this PCIe USB 3.0 card includes an optional SATA or LP4 power connector to connect to your system power supply and delivers up to 900mA of power per port to USB 3.0 bus-powered devices (500mA for USB 2.0). The USB 3.0 card also supports USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2 (Apple Mode only), letting you charge compatible Apple devices (iPhones and iPads) faster than a standard USB 3.0 port.
The controller card is compliant with USB 3.0 standards while offering backward compatibility with existing USB 2.0 / 1.1 devices. For added versatility, the USB 3.0 PCIe card is equipped with a standard profile bracket and includes a low-profile/half-height bracket for installation in small form-factor computers.
• Supports up to 20 Gbps total transfer bandwidth - Up to 5 Gbps per port.
• UASP support across all four ports.
• PCIe x4 interface compliant with PCI Express 2.0 specifications.
• Supports USB Battery Charging Specification 1.2 (Apple Mode only).
• Fully compliant with USB 3.0 rev 1.0 and Intel xHCI rev 1.0 specifications.
• Backward compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 1.0/1.1 devices.
• Includes a Low Profile/half-height installation bracket.
• Hot-swap feature to connect/disconnect devices without powering down the system.
• Connector Type(s): PCI Express x4 Male.
• External Ports: USB 3.0 A (9 pin; SuperSpeed) Female.
• Internal Ports: LP4 (4 pin; Molex Large Drive Power) Female.
• SATA Power: (15 pin) Plug.
• Humidity: 5~85% RH
• Operating Temperature: 0°C to 50°C (32°F to 122°F).
• Storage Temperature: -20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F).
• Bus Type: PCI Express.
• Card Type: Standard Profile (LP bracket incl.).
• Chipset ID: 4 x Renesas / NEC - µPD720202.
• Industry Standards: USB 3.0 Specification Rev. 1.0.
• USB Battery Charging Specification Rev. 1.2 (Apple Mode only).
• PCI Express Base Specification Rev. 2.0.
• Intel xHCI Specification Rev. 1.0.
• Interface: USB 3.0.
• Port Style: Integrated on Card.
• Ports: 4.
• Shipping (Package) Weight: 204 g [7.2 oz].
• Maximum Cable Length: 3 m [9.8 ft].
• Maximum Data Transfer Rate: 5Gbps per port - 20Gbps Total.
• Type and Rate: USB 3.0 - 5 Gbit/s.
• UASP Support: Yes.
• Product Height: 120 mm [4.7 in].
• Product Length: 167 mm [6.6 in].
• Product Weight: 90 g [3.2 oz].
• Product Width: 15 mm [0.6 in].
• OS Compatibility: Windows® 8 / 8.1 (32/64bit), 7 (32/64), Vista (32/64), XP (32/64), Windows Server® 2012, 2008 R2, 2003, Linux 2.6.31 or later.
Special Notes / Requirements
• System and Cable Requirements: Available PCI Express x4 or greater slot.
What's in the Box?
• 4 Port PCIe USB Card.
• Driver CD.
• Instruction Manual.
• Low Profile Bracket.
|Interface||PCIe 2.0 (x1)|
|External Connectors||4 x USB 3.0|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 7 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0800 169 0408
Date Issued: 29th Jun 2010
USB 3.0, also known as SuperSpeed USB, is a buzzword you might have seen popping up repeatedly over the last 12 months or so. In this guide, we'll explain what it is, what it does, and what it could mean for you as the consumer.
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
A motherboard’s main job is to act as a conduit between the various hardware elements that make up a PC. It needs to be able to link the desired CPU(s), system memory, graphics card, hard drive(s), and add-in cards and enable them to work in harmony.