Kingston 240GB A400 SATA 3 Solid State Drive/SSD
Kingston’s A400 solid-state drive dramatically improves the responsiveness of your existing system with incredible boot, loading and transfer times compared to mechanical hard drives. Powered by a latest-gen controller for read and write speeds of up to 500MB/s and 350MB/s, this SSD is 10x faster than a traditional hard drive for higher performance, ultra-responsive multi-tasking and an overall faster system.
Also more reliable and durable than a hard drive, A400 is built with Flash memory. There are no moving parts, making it less likely to fail than a mechanical hard drive. It’s also cooler and quieter, and its shock and vibration resistance makes it ideal for notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
A400 is available in multiple capacities from 120GB–960GB to give you all the space you need for applications, videos, photos and other important documents. You can also replace your hard drive or a smaller SSD with a drive big enough to hold all your files.
This SSD is designed for use in desktop and notebook computer workloads, and is not intended for server environments.
• Fast start-up, loading and file transfers .
• More reliable and durable than a hard drive.
• Multiple capacities with space for applications or a hard drive replacement. Features • 10x Faster Than A HDD: With incredible read/write speeds, the A400 SSD will not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems.
• Rugged: A400 is shock- and vibration-resistant for rugged reliability when used in notebooks and other mobile computing devices.
• Multiple Capacities: Available in 120GB, 240GB, 480GB and 960GB capacities, A400 is designed to suit anyone’s needs.
• Ideal for Desktops and Notebooks: A400 has a 7mm form factor to fit in a wider array of systems. It’s ideal for slimmer notebooks and in systems with limited available space.
|Interface||SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|Host Controller Interface||AHCI|
|Flash Memory Type||TLC|
|Max. Read||500 MB/s|
|Max. Write||350 MB/s|
|DRAM Cache Memory||N/A|
|DRAM Cache Memory Type|
|Max. Random Read 4K|
|Max. Random Write 4K|
|Power Consumption (active)||1.535W|
|Max. Endurance Rating||80 TBW|
|Max. Operating Vibration||2.17G peak (7-800Hz)|
|Max. Non-operating Vibration||20G peak (10-2000Hz)|
|Max. Operating Shock|
|Max. Non-operating Shock|
|Connectivity||1 x SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|Dimensions||69.9 x 7 x 100 mm (WxHxD)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 10 months
Date Issued: 27th Nov 2017
The arrival of the solid-state drive (SSD) has revolutionised the speed at which modern PCs perform common tasks. This is because SSDs have no moving parts, compared to larger, bulkier mechanical drives, thus they store information on memory chips. This means that accesses, reads and writes are many, many times faster