Crucial BX500 240GB 2.5" SATA Desktop/Laptop SSD/Solid State Drive
240GB Crucial BX500, 2.5" SSD, SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s), Micron 3D NAND, 540MB/s Read, 500MB/s Write, Retail
By DPD On 24th Sep 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
The easiest way to get all the speed of a new computer without the price.
Ever wonder why your phone responds faster than your computer? It's because your phone runs on flash memory. Add flash to your laptop or desktop computer with the Crucial® BX500 SSD, the easiest way to get all the speed of a new computer without the price. Accelerate everything.
• Improve Performance: Boot up faster. Load files quicker. Improve overall system responsiveness for all your computing needs.
• Tools for Easy Installation: Our simple instructions, cloning software, and how-to videos make installation straightforward! Millions of people have upgraded with a Crucial SSD.
• Award-Winning Support: Our expert support team has your questions covered. Reach out via phone, chat, email, or our community forum.
• 3-Year Limited Warranty: We back thousands of validation hours, dozens of qualification tests, and a heritage of award-winning SSDs with a 3-year limited warranty.
Why Use Crucial by Micron?
• One of the Largest Storage Manufacturers Worldwide: Crucial® is backed by Micron’s expert quality and engineering innovation. Micron has produced some of the world's most advanced memory and storage technologies for 40 years.
• Micron® Quality—A Higher Level of Reliability: With thousands of hours of Micron pre-release validation, dozens of SSD qualification tests, and a heritage of award-winning SSDs, the Crucial BX500 has been thoroughly tried, tested, and proven.
• Legacy of Crucial Awards: Crucial Has a Legacy of Award-Winning Drives. Features • Boot up faster, load files quicker, & improve overall system responsiveness.
• 300% faster than a typical hard drive.
• Improves battery life because it’s 45x more energy efficient than a typical hard drive.
• Micron® 3D NAND – advancing the world's memory and storage technology for 40 years.
|Interface||SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s)|
|Host Controller Interface||AHCI|
|Flash Memory Type||Micron 3D NAND|
|Max. Read||540 MB/s|
|Max. Write||500 MB/s|
|DRAM Cache Memory||N/A|
|DRAM Cache Memory Type|
|Max. Random Read 4K|
|Max. Random Write 4K|
|Power Consumption (active)||3W|
|Max. Endurance Rating||40TB TBW|
|Max. Operating Vibration|
|Max. Non-operating Vibration||5-800Hz @ 3.1G|
|Max. Operating Shock|
|Max. Non-operating Shock||1500G/0.5ms|
|Connectivity||1 x SATA 3.0 (6Gb/s)|
|Dimensions||69.85 x 7 x 100.45 mm (WxHxD)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- 0800 013 0335
Date Issued: 27th Nov 2017
The arrival of the solid-state drive (SSD) has revolutionised the speed at which modern PCs perform common tasks. This is because SSDs have no moving parts, compared to larger, bulkier mechanical drives, thus they store information on memory chips. This means that accesses, reads and writes are many, many times faster