Qnap 2 Bay GbE Desktop NAS
2-Bay Qnap TS-251B-4G NAS, GbE, 4GB DDR3L, 2x 2.5”/3.5” SATA III, PCIe 2.0 x2, 3x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
Intel® Celeron® J3355 dual-core processor and AES-NI hardware encryption
Powered by a 14nm Intel® Celeron® J3355 dual-core 2.0GHz processor (burst up to 2.5 GHz), 2GB/4GB DDR3L RAM (up to 8GB), a single Gigabit LAN port, and supporting SATA 6Gb/s hard drives, the TS-251B provides dependable performance of up to 672 MB/s read/write speeds. The TS-251B features Intel® AES-NI hardware-accelerated encryption for both full NAS volumes and shared folders, boosting system performance while ensuring the security of sensitive data stored in the TS-251B.
Extend NAS Functionality with the PCIe Slot
With a PCIe expansion slot, the TS-251B provides flexibility in extending NAS functionality and potential applications. Install a QNAP QM2 card to provide M.2 SSD caching/10GbE connectivity and use with Qtier tiered storage for optimal system performance; use the TS-251B as a wireless access point by installing a compatible wireless network card (such as the QNAP QWA-AC2600) to create a wireless media streaming environment; or boost the USB connectivity of the TS-251B by installing a USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) card.
A Tailor-made Private Wireless Network that Meets Your Needs
By installing the QWA-AC2600 and WirelessAP Station app, your NAS will evolve into a high-performance wireless access point that can be connected to from multiple devices. The QWA-AC2600 can also be used to extend your wireless network coverage. Combined with useful features (including DHCP and NAT) provided by the Network and Virtual Switch app, the QWA-AC2600 can be used for a variety of applications, delivering private, fast, low-latency and secure connectivity across your home and/or workplace. (WirelessAP Station requires Container Station to be installed on your QNAP NAS.)
Directly Access Your NAS
With the QWA-AC2600 and the WirelessAP Station app, your NAS can perform as a high-performance wireless access point that can be accessed by multiple devices. Your devices can directly access data stored on the NAS and in bypassing the router, access speeds to the network will not be affected.
Boost Your WiFi Coverage
Deploy your QNAP NAS as a wireless access point to improve coverage. With the QWA-AC2600 and the WirelessAP Station app, your NAS is transformed into a high-performance wireless access point. Just place the NAS in a more centralized location and it will help lengthen the reach of your existing Wi-Fi network and eliminate potential dead zones.
Upgrade Your Network to 10GbE with QNAP's Fast and Affordable 10GbE Switch
QNAP 10GbE/NBASE-T™ unmanaged switches allow you to instantly upgrade your network environment at a cost-effective price. With a 10GbE network you can enjoy blazing-fast transfer speeds, empower bandwidth-demanding tasks like virtualization, and enable simultaneous real-time access to large NAS-based files using multiple workstations (ideal for video editing and multimedia). QNAP also provides a 10GbE PCIe network expansion card for the TS-251B and Windows®/Linux® PCs to take advantage of high-speed LAN environments.
Real-time 4K Video Transcoding
Featuring advanced Intel® HD Graphics, the TS-251B supports dual-channel 4K H.264 hardware decoding and real-time transcoding, allowing you to convert videos to universal file formats that can be smoothly played across various devices*. You can also watch high-quality [email protected] media files on a HDTV using the HDMI output or use with Plex® Media Server to stream media files to mobile devices and media streaming devices (including DLNA®, Roku®, Apple TV®, Amazon Fire TV® and Chromecast™). The QNAP RM-IR004 remote control (sold separately) can be configured using QButton to customize the actions of individual buttons, providing a more convenient NAS experience.
Multiple Ways to Enjoy Your Multimedia
QNAP provides a wide range of multimedia applications for you to easily enjoy photos, music, and videos.
• Cinema28: Allows for single-interface management of all your media files and can stream files to every connected device throughout your home.
• QVHelper: Allows users to stream media files or music playlists from a QNAP NAS to VLC player.
• Qmedia: Allows music, photos and videos to be effortlessly streamed to Android TVs or set-top boxes.
• Video HD: A free KODI add-on that combines KODI's streaming and video decoding capabilities and fully supports Video Station's features.
Protect Important Data with Snapshots
Snapshots help protect your data by fully recording the NAS system state and metadata. If files are accidentally deleted or modified or the system is afflicted by ransomware, you can use snapshots to quickly restore files to a previously-recorded state. QNAP snapshots are block-based and only record the changed data. Not only does this save storage space but also reduces the time required to back up and restore data. The TS-251B supports up to 1,024 snapshots per NAS and up to 256 snapshots per volume or LUN.
Consolidated Notifications and Extra NAS Security
QTS 4.3.5 provides various mechanisms to ensure the data saved on your TS-251B is carefully safeguarded, including the brand-new Notification Centre that consolidates system logs and notifications into a single app and the Security Counsellor that checks for weaknesses and offers helpful security recommendations.
• Notification Centre: Consolidates system logs and notifications for all NAS apps into a single app with flexible rule settings, facilitating smooth and easy NAS management.
• Security Counsellor: Checks for weaknesses and offers recommendations to enhance NAS security. Anti-virus and anti-malware software is also integrated within Security Counsellor to ensure the complete protection of your NAS and data.
Automate Everyday Tasks with IFTTT Agent
QNAP IFTTT Agent integrates the popular web automation service IFTTT (If This Then That), allowing you to create a near-unlimited number of automated workflows. Simply connect your IFTTT account with your TS-251B and set triggers and actions. For example, if you set a trigger as “Any new photo on the phone” and the action as "Upload the photo to QNAP NAS," then all the photos taken using your phone will be automatically uploaded to TS-251B.
Multiply Your Productivity
The app-driven QTS operating system provides solutions for simplifying file backup, management, search, and more. With File Station you can view and manage your files from NAS and multiple storage devices; the OCR Converter allows you to extract text from images; Qfiling helps automate file organization, and Qsirch helps quickly find files.
• Centralized File Management: Use File Station to directly access files on USB devices - including optical disc drives. Files from different devices can be easily viewed and managed on a single interface.
• File Digitization: OCR Converter extracts text from images, helping to boost productivity and making it easier to find files.
• Smart Filing: Qfiling automates file organization. Files are automatically archived into folders based on your settings.
• Full-text Search: Qsirch quickly finds images, music, videos, documents, emails, and other files.
Multi-point File Backup, Access and Sync
The TS-251B centrally stores data and files, and supports SMB/CIFS, AFP and NFS protocols for file sharing across Windows®, Mac®, and Linux®/UNIX® devices. Coupled with Qsync (a utility that turns a QNAP NAS into a safe, high-capacity data center for file synchronization) any file uploaded to the TS-251B will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops and mobile devices. Hybrid Backup Sync can help you easily backup or synchronize data on the TS-251B to other QNAP NAS, remote servers, or cloud storage for easy disaster recovery.
QVR Pro Safeguards Your Environment
QNAP’s QVR Pro surveillance solution allows you to arrange a dedicated, independent storage space for surveillance data on TS-251B and leverage the advantages of scalable storage. With QVR Pro, camera management, storage space allocation, camera live view, and playback is greatly simplified. You can also use USB webcams as network cameras with the QUSBCam2 app, and remotely monitor your surveillance feeds at any time with QVR Pro Client’s companion mobile app.
NAS as a Multi-OS Platform
Virtualization Station and Container Station provide comprehensive solutions for creating virtualized environments to improve business IT infrastructure, workflows, and productivity.
• Virtualization Station: Allows you to run multiple Windows®, Linux®, UNIX® and Android™ virtual machines on the TS-251B. You can use Virtual Network Computing (VNC) through a browser to operate the virtual machines. Virtualization Station is ideal for organizations to run multiple applications on a single NAS.
• Container Station: Integrates LXC and Docker® lightweight virtualization technologies. You can download apps from the built-in Docker Hub® to easily import/export container apps and manage access controls, enjoying the benefits of easy installation, transferability and high-efficiency.
Flexible and Economical Storage Expansion
You need an easy solution to increase storage capacity when running out of space. QNAP provides several ways to expand your NAS storage as needed to accommodate data and business growth.
• Upgrade RAID Capacity: Hot swap lower-capacity drives with larger-capacity drives so that your QNAP NAS can grow with your business.
• VJBOD: Use VJBOD (Virtual JBOD) to expand your storage capacity by using the unused storage of other QNAP NAS. Up to 8 QNAP NAS can be mounted as local disks on the TS-251B.
• Attach Expansion Enclosures: Connect two 4-bay TR-004 USB hardware RAID external enclosures and use the Storage & Snapshots Manager to easily handle NAS capacity expansion. Features • PCIe Support: The PCIe port supports installing a 10GbE network card, a QM2 dual-port M.2 SSD/10GbE card, a USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) card, or a wireless network card.
• 4K: 4K media playback and online transcoding; cross-device multimedia viewing via HDMI output or streaming applications.
• Snapshots: Snapshots fully record the system status and data. If files are accidentally deleted or modified, you can quickly restore the previously-recorded data.
• Hybrid Backup Sync: Hybrid Backup Sync consolidates backup and sync tasks into a single app, providing multiple layers of data protection.
• myQNAPcloud: Remotely access the apps and files on your TS-251B via myQNAPcloud and easily manage and share files.
• VM Hosting: Supports containerized applications and hosting virtual machines with various operating systems.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 14 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- 0871 472 4747