Dual Bay ICYDOCK 3.5" HDD USB 3.0 RAID Enclosure
2 Bay Icy Dock MB662U3-2S R1, ICYRaid Aluminium External HDD RAID Enclosure 3.5", SATA3, RAID 0/1, USB 3.0, Silver
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£114.49|
|Total inc. interest:||£119.20|
|Instalment Rate:||14.9% p.a. (fixed)|
|Cost of purchase:||£114.49|
|Total inc. interest:||£123.33|
Purchase Rate: 17.9% p.a. (variable)
Representative: 17.9% APR (variable)
Assumed Credit Limit: £1,200Subject to status. Terms and Conditions apply.
By DPD On 30th May 2018
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
The MB662U3-2S R1 has USB 3.0 with UASP support to increase speed when transferring or rendering large files. The ICYRaid allows you to choose between RAID 0 (Fast), RAID 1 (Safe), Big and JBOD mode to see two individual drives. The MB662U3-2S R1 version adds an individual rebuild indicator LED to warn you when any drive is defective in RAID 1 mode. You can also download the RAID monitoring software from our site if you prefer to see detailed information about your drive(s).
HDD enclosure made by professionals, for Professionals
The ICYRaid MB662U3-2S R1 is a self contained hardware dual bay RAID HDD enclosure that operates independent of your computer. Which means it won’t share you system resource like a software RAID, and you can connect it to any system that has a USB port to access your data on the go without changing your storage configurations. The MB662U3-2S R1 gives you the flexibility to choose between RAID 0 (FAST – Performance), RAID 1 (SAFE – Protect), BIG and JBOD mode.
• RAID 0 (FAST – Performance): You can merge two drives into a single large storage and double the sequential read and write speed up to 420MB/sec in UASP mode (up to 320MB/sec without UASP). This is extremely useful for large data transfer, or playback of multiple HD video streams.
• RAID 1 (SAFE – Protect): This configuration is the perfect setting for professionals that cannot afford to lose their hard work over a drive failure such as engineers or photographers. Never worry about losing all your data should one of your hard drives inevitably fail. Simply remove the faulty hard drive and insert a replacement drive and watch it rebuild via indicator LED in the rear. Note: In RAID 1 mode even if the enclosure is malfunctioning, your data can still be accessed with other HDD enclosures, or directly connected via SATA connection on your desktop PC.
• BIG: This allows you to combine two drives with different capacities into a single large volume to maximize your storage capacity.
• JBOD: You can save your data into different drives and read them independently. This is a great way to catalog your data into separate drives which is highly beneficial for anyone that likes to assign different drives for different projects. They can simply swap out drives with the removable HDD design depending on which project they’re working on.
User Friendly Design
Installing and maintaining the MB662U3-2S R1 requires no extra tools, as everything you will need is included. The ICYRaid MB662U3-2S R1 uses our convenient tray-less design to simply make any installation a seamless transition to getting your configuration started. Once you have your hard drives ready, simply open each door, slide in your hard drives, and select the RAID setting you like. After that, turning on the device will automatically start the process on its own.
The easy to read front LED indicators will indicate when a drive is ejected, accessed, or has failed. When the unit is in the process of rebuilding the RAID table in RAID 1 mode, a rebuilding indicator light in the rear will display. The ICYRaid MB662U3-2S R1 conveniently adds LED control so the front and rear LED indicators can be disabled when needed. This is perfect for people who set the enclosure in their bedroom and prefer to turn the LEDs off at night; this function can be changed via dip switch on the rear panel. Additionally, the easy-to-use RAID monitoring software lets you easily monitoring the RAID status and S.M.A.R.T information with both PC and Mac.
Take advantage of USB 3.0 interface with UASP support (PC users require Windows 8 and Host support, Mac supports it natively). Users will be able to transfer photos, home videos, movies, and music at blazing fast speeds. The USB 3.0 interface is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, so using the MB662U3-2S R1 on your legacy PC or Mac is not a problem. If the system supports USB 3.0, you will be able to take advantage of the superior performance capabilities – which is crucial for professionals who want tools that perform their jobs quickly and efficiently.
Supreme Build Quality for Maximum Reliability
It is known that the most common causes of disk failure are poor heat management and mechanical agitation. Taking this into consideration, the build of the MB662U3-2S R1 uses a solid aluminum body construction which adds heat dissipation, strength, and protection to your hard drives. The ICYRaid MB662U3-2S R1 in addition reduces external vibrations from reaching the sensitive hard disks by enclosing the drive within a vibration reducing cage, minimizing the possibility of disk damage.
Protecting your data also requires that it is constantly maintained to perform at its best. Because hard drives are susceptible to heat failure, it is important to have an active cooling solution. Using the ultra-quiet ball bearing 40mm fan with variable fan speed control ensures optimal heat dissipation or quiet operation for a range of applications such as a recording studio or production room.
Optional EZConvert for 2.5” SSD support - Not included, sold separately
The IcyDock EZConvert 2.5” to 3.5” SSD converter (Not included, sold separately), enables installation of 2.5” SSDs, allow you take advantage of the blazing fast speed of SSDs for the ultimate video editing experience, achieving up to 420 MB/s sequential transfer speed.
More indepth information about this product can be found in the PDF manual below:
Features • Built-in hardware RAID controller allows four different configurations: RAID 0 (FAST), RAID 1 (SAFE), JBOD, & BIG.
• Tool-Less design for easy hard drive upgrade or replacement.
• Plug & Play SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface with UASP support.
• Supports 2 x 3.5” SATA I / II / III hard drives.
• Supports the latest 8TB HDD per bay in all 4 RAID modes for up to 16TB of storage.
• Front LED indicator light to monitor disk status in RAID.
• Rear LED indicator light for RAID rebuilds status.
• Designed for professional users in any industry.
• The front & rear LED can be disabled when needed.
• Solid aluminum body construction for portability, heat dissipation and extra protection.
• Built in security slot for security cable kit.
• Compatible with Mac OS X Time Machine.
• Designed for both Mac and PC systems.
• Limited 3 year warranty to complement the typical warranty of a hard drive.
|HDD Interface||SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|Total HDD Bays||2|
|Max. Capacity HDD Supported (Individual Drive)||8TB|
|Max. Potential Storage||16 TB|
|External Interface||1 x USB 3.0|
|Operating System Support||
|Dimensions||134.11 x 60.96 x 204.98 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months
- 0871 472 4747