Fractal Design Venturi HP-12 Black PWM Case Fan - 120mm
Designed with a variety of performance-increasing and noise-reducing features, these fans can move an amazing amount of air through restricted environments compared to other fans at the same, minimal noise level.
The HP-14 comes with two sets of solid vibration-dampening rubber corners: one for standard 140mm fan hole spacing (125mm) and one compatible with the standard 120mm hole spacing (105mm). The Venturi High Pressure Series PWM fans are ideal for those looking for a perfect balance between high performance and low noise built from sturdy, high quality materials. Features • Featuring true FDB-bearings, providing silent operation coupled with a long lifespan
• Equipped with a counter-balanced magnet that reduces the axial tension on the bearing
• Features integrated vibration-dampening corners, made from solid high-quality synthetic rubber
• Dense, sturdy construction, made from high grade glass fiber reinforced thermoplastic polymer
• Fan geometry is optimized for high pressure, delivering high performance results in high restriction usage scenarios, such as in use with large dense heatsinks or water cooling radiators.
• Featuring PWM control with a very wide speed range, starting at only 400RPM (400 +/- 100 RPM), ideal for CPU heatsinks or radiators, where the motherboard can control the fan speed based on the CPU temperature.
• Aerodynamically shaped thin stator struts reduce noise and unwanted turbulence.
• Strategically placed notches on the blades further reduce and diffuse any humming noise produced when the blades pass the stator struts
• The trip wire technology introduces a micro-turbulent layer that combats elements that negatively affect performance, resulting in quieter operation
• Comes with a PWM Y-cable, for connecting additional fans to a single PWM header on your motherboard or PWM fan controller
• 140mm fans come with an additional set of vibration-dampening corners are included that lends compatibility with 120mm fan mounts (105mm screw spacing). This enables the use of 140mm fans on many CPU coolers.
• Available in 120mm and 140mm fan sizes
|Edition||Venturi HP-12 PWM|
|Fan Depth||25 mm|
|Fan Speed||1800 rpm|
|Sound Level||31.7 dB|
|Manual Speed Controller||No|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan Computers International Limited
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
The modern PC is potentially a mass of heat output and heat production hot spots. With CPUs rated at more than 100W of heat output, single graphics boards carrying similar ratings (and people want to run two!), multiple hard drives the norm, lots of memory and mainboards covered in heatpipes to combat toasty core logic and PWM circuits, a PC appreciably warming up a room when it’s working hard is no joke.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
Watercooling for the PC has been around for years in some form or another, for at least as long as Scan have been in business, with basic physics defining why you want to use it. That means for air cooling, to cope with increasing temperature in the heatsink you need to move the air across it faster. That is why thermostatically controlled fans in your PC will turn faster the hotter something gets.
Date Issued: 5th Mar 2007
Anybody who has been near their share of computer systems will appreciate that not all systems make the same amount of noise. There are a number of reasons for why this is so. Firstly, a computer makes noise for different reasons. Generally, anything mechanical is going to make noise.