AEC and BIM Applications
Choose your graphics workstation for use with specific applications
AEC and BIM Software
AEC (Architecture Engineering and Construction) software applications enable the creation of accurate 3D models to help visualise buildings and construction projects prior to their development. BIM (Building Information Modelling) applications take this process a step further with the ability to then analyse these models within their environments, to enable better planning and lifecycle management.
AEC applications enable the planning, design and 3D modelling of a building or construction project, allowing for both internal space visualisation and external aspect, siting and landscape considerations. An AEC 3D model typically includes:
• Interactive 3D models of internal and external aspects
• Photo-realistic rendering of surfaces
• Visualisation and simulation to aid design parameters
BIM is the process of creating and managing information on a construction project across the project lifecycle. One of the key outputs of this process is the Building Information Model, the digital description of every aspect of the built
asset. This model draws on information assembled collaboratively and updated at key stages of a project. Creating a digital Building Information Model includes:
• Mapping of all utilities and services such as electrics, gas, water etc.
• Characteristic properties of all materials, i.e. thermal performance
• Functional data, including space usage and layouts
Can't see your favourite application?
Please contact our team of Pro Graphics experts who can help you pick the perfect workstation.