Whether you need a Microphone for Recording in the Studio or for Performing Live, we have a large selection of Mics to suit your needs.
As a rule, Dynamic mics are best suited to Live performance, whilst Condensers and Ribbon mics tend to be found in the studio environment.
Either way, we stock the big brand names like RODE, AUDIO TECHNICA, SENNHEISER, sE ELECTRONICS, AKG, ASTON and many more.
Condenser (or Capacitor) microphones are fantastic for detailed recording work. When using them for vocal recording, think about if you need a pop filter (to stop plosives) or a reflection shield to minimise room noise on recordings and produce a clearer result. All condenser microphones need a power supply from somewhere, either battery or 48V Phantom Power from a desk or interface.
- beyerdynamic TG D71c Boundary Condenser Microphone with 3-pin XLR connector£240.98FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Rode TF-5 Matched Pair, Small Diaphragm, Condenser Cardioid Microphones£1,299.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETIn stock
- Rode Lavalier GO Mic, Professional-Grade Wearable Microphone, Omnidirectional, Wired, Pop Shield, Clip, Pouch£59.48FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Microphone pre-amplifiers convert the signal from the microphone into a line level signal, SP/DIF digital or USB format. The use of a good preamp with a good condenser or ribbon microphone can produce some very accurate and detailed results.
- Tascam SERIES 8p Dyna 8-Channel Mic Preamp With Analogue Compressor£535.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Microphone stands come in different shapes and sizes, some for vocalists, some for instrument mics...
- Stagg Mic Stand with 3/8"-5/8" Mounting Thread (MIS-0822BK)£19.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock