Controller Keyboards (MIDI)
Controller keyboards are normally connected to the computer by USB or 5 Pin MIDI connections. Controllers don’t make sound of their own, but rather output midi and control signals to the computer that can then be used to trigger software instruments or other midi devices. These will all feature a piano layout keybed that may have keys that are weighted, Semi Weighted or unweighted (synth style). They may also feature DAW control features or pots and faders to control other MIDI devices.
Designed to let you control your Softsynths and samplers on the go, these units are perfect for anyone wanting to work whilst travelling, or where space is limited, or where the artist simply doesn't need any more than 25 notes. These units typically include an Octave up and down switch enabling you to reach the higher or lower notes that would be present on a full size keyboard.
- Yamaha - PSS-A50 mini keyboard - 37-key Mini Keyboard Synth with Onboard Sounds, Phrase Recorder, Black£79.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Nektar - 'Impact LX Mini' 25-key USB MIDI controller with advanced mapping for DAWs, 8 performance pads, 8 control pots£99.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETDue 1st Nov
- (B-Stock) KORG - 'nanoKEY Studio' Mobile MIDI Keyboard, Eight High-Sensitivity Trigger pads, Touch Pad£105.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- (Open Box) CME - 'Xkey Air 25' Bluetooth Keyboard, 25 Keys, 2 Octaves, Wireless Connectivity£150.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
These Keyboards are great where space is at a premium or if you want to work on the move. Although not as many notes as a full size keyboard, many units typically have an Octave Up/Down feature to allow you to access the extra notes, and many have an array of knobs, switches and sliders allowing you to control your Softsynths and Samplers with ease.
- Carry-On - Piano 49 - 49 Key Portable Folding Piano, 8 Hours Playtime, 128 high-quality voices£70.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Any keyboard at 61 plus notes is referred to as a 'full size' keyboard, as 5 octaves is deemed to be 'playable' by a regular Piano player ( i.e. both hands playing at once ) Many of these keyboards feature Knobs, Sliders and Switches which enable you to control your Softsynths and Samplers. 88 note keyboards are the biggest of the full size keyboards and the keybed can be weighted in deifferent ways to emulate the feel of a real piano. Some 88 note controllers have Fully Weighted or Hammer Action keys, which are very similar to the feeling of a real piano keybed.
- Carry-On - Piano 88 - 88 Key Portable Folding Piano, 8 Hours Playtime, 128 high-quality voices£89.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Yamaha - PSR-F51, 61-key Portable Arranger with 110 Voices and 120 Styles - Black£89.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETPre order
- Yamaha - YPT 260 61-Key Portable Keyboard, 400 high-quality Voices, 130 auto accompaniment Styles£129.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Yamaha - 'PSR-E360' 61-Key Portable Keyboard, 400 High-Quality Voices, 112 Songs, Master EQ / Ultra Wide Stereo (Black)£185.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET