An interface allows you to get audio or control signals in and out of your computer.
PCIe, Thunderbolt and USB 3.0 based interfaces are generally best, as they have the fastest connection to the computer and can handle the biggest number of audio channels, although low channels counts, Midi and CV are perfectly able to be transferred via USB at optimal performance.
Most Digital mixers mimic the look of the old analogue desks, but have the advantage of no added noise,easy signal routing and being able to save and load whole templates. There are also usually many on-board effects getting rid of the need for external hardware.
- Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 USB 16x2 Performance and Recording Digital Mixer, 31-Band Stereo EQ on Main Outputs£959.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Mackie DL32r Digital Mixer, 32 Onyx Mic Pres, Stereo AES Output, 14 Assignable XLR Outputs, Card Slot for Expansion£1,380.49FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
iOS Interfaces are compatible with Apple's iOS devices including iPhone and iPad. Check the product description for interface type, either 30 pin, Lightning or Headphone Socket
- Focusrite iTrack One Pre, Specially Designed for iOS Devices, XLR / Jack Combo, Phantom Power for Condenser Mics£118.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Thunderbolt interfaces use an extremely fast connection to not only offer very low latency audio, but many also offer dedicated DSP processing, which wont put any load on your CPU.
- Universal Audio Arrow Desktop 2x4 Thunderbolt 3 Audio Interface, Realtime UAD-2 SOLO Core DSP Processing, Unison Mic Pre£449.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
USB & Firewire audio interfaces offer high quality inputs and outputs for recording and playing back your audio. With the added advantage of being easy to transport and move between systems, they are a popular solution for performers wishing to have a single high quality interface they can move between the studio and stage with ease.
- PreSonus Studio 18/10 USB Audio Interface, 24-bit 192 kHz, MIDI I/O, XMAX Mic Pres, S/PDIF Coaxial£359.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre USB 10x4 Desktop Audio Interface, 2 Mic Inputs with ISA Modeled Pre Amps, 24 Bit / 192kHz£369.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- PreSonus Studio 18/24 Rackmountable USB Audio Interface, 24-bit 192 kHz, MIDI I/O, XMAX Mic Pres, BNC Word Clock£449.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre USB 18x8 Desktop Audio Interface, 4 Mic Inputs with ISA Modeled Pre Amps, 24 Bit / 192kHz£549.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre USB Rackmount Audio Interface, 8 Mic Inputs with ISA Modeled Pre Amps, 24 Bit / 192kHz£739.99FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET