Guitar amplifiers take the weak electrical signal from a guitar pickup and boosts the signal to drive one or more speakers. There are two configurations of guitar amplifiers. “Combo” amplifiers include an amplifier and house one or more loudspeakers in a wooden cabinet. Standalone amplifiers (known as the “head”) don’t include a loudspeaker(s) but instead pass the amplified signal to one or more external speaker cabinets via a speaker cable.
There are several types of guitar amplifier: Tube amps (also known as valve amps) use vacuum tubes to increase the amplitude of a signal. Solid-state amps use transistors and diodes to amplify the signal. There are then hybrids which utilize a combination of the two.
A combo amplifier contains both the amplifier head and speaker cabinet in one intergrated unit.
- Roland CUBE-10GX Guitar Amplifier, 10W, Custom 8 Inch Driver, COSM Amp Modeling, EQ, Built-In Effects£105.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland CUBE-20XL BASS Bass Amplifier, 20W, 8 Inch Driver, COSM Amp Simulations, Built-In Effects£229.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland MICRO CUBE BASS RX Bass Amplifier, 5W, 8 COSM Amp Models, 6 Digital Effects, Chromatic Tuner, Stereo Aux£229.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland CUBE Street Battery-Powered Stereo Amplifier, 5W, 2x 6.5" Drivers, COSM Amp Models, Built-In Effects, Tuner (Red)£249.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland CUBE Street Battery-Powered Stereo Amplifier, 5W, Twin 6.5" Drivers, COSM Amp Models, Built-In Effects and Tuner£249.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Boss KATANA-100/212 Stage-Ready 2x12 Combo Guitar Amplifier, 5 Unique Amp Characters, 55 Effects With Boss Tone Studio£399.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland CUBE-60XL BASS Bass Amplifier, 60W, 10-Inch Driver + Coaxial Tweeter, COSM Amp Simulations, Built-In Effects£419.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland Blues Cube Hot “British EL84 Modified” Gig-Ready Combo Guitar Amplifier, 30W, Four-Way Power Control£479.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland Blues Cube Hot Guitar Performance-Ready 1x12 Amplifier, Tube-Logic, 4-Way Power Control, USB Output£479.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland CUBE-120XL BASS Bass Amplifier, 120W, 8 COSM Amp Models, 7 Effects, Phrase Looper, Four-Band EQ£529.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland Blues Cube Stage Guitar 1x12 Combo Amplifier, 60W, Clean and Crunch Channels, Built-In Reverb, USB Output£589.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland Blues Cube Artist Guitar 1x12 Performance Amplifier, 80W, Reverb, Tremolo, Presence Controls, FX Loop Return£679.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Acoustic guitar amplifiers are specifically designed to produce a clean, transparent, acoustic sound. They will usually have a relatively flat frequency response so as not to "colour" the sound too much.
- Roland MOBILE CUBE Battery-Powered Stereo Amplifier, 2 x 2.5W, Twin 4" Drivers, Built-In Effects£135.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland MOBILE AC Acoustic Chorus 5W Guitar Amplifier, Can Be Battery Powered For Portable Use£145.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Roland MOBILE BA Portable Battery-Powered Stereo Amplifier, 5W, Anti-Feedback Function, Reverb / Echo Effects£145.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Sometimes justlifting your amp higher, or tilting your amp or combo backwards and projecting the sound upwards instead of straight out into the audience, can make all the difference to your sound. For this you need an amp stand...
- Roland GA-FC GA Foot Controller, Control Roland Amps From The Floor, Channel Switcher, Connect 2 Expression Pedals£85.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKETPre order