USB-based pendrives are portable-storage devices that contain flash memory for the ultimate in personal data storage. Today however, these pendrives are around half the size of a pen, or less. They feature USB connectivity for a direct connection to any system with a USB port. Most feature a ring attachment point for your keyring/lanyard strap. Advanced features on some include weather resistant construction, encryption/security and a capless design. Premium pendrives can offer capacities of up to 1TB and super-speedy transfers thanks to USB 3.1 Gen 2 support. Often these drives can sustain over 250MB/s transfer speeds when reading and writing large files.
The latest revision of the USB standard, version 3.1, doubles the theoretical speed from 5Gbit/s or 625MB/sec to 10Gbit/s or 1,250MB/sec, meaning much quicker data transfers when copying files to and from a USB device such as a pendrive. USB 3.1 devices are backwards compatible with USB 3 and USB 2 ports, but you'll need a motherboard or add-in card that supports USB 3.1 to get the full advantage of the new standard.
- 16GB Verbatim Store'n'Go Drive, Apple Lightning to USB A USB3.0, Transfer files from/back up your USB equipped PC£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock
- 32GB Kingston DataTraveler 80 USB Type-C, Fast 3.2 Gen1 Performance, 200MB/s Read, Metal Casing£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 64GB Kingston DataTraveler 80 USB Type-C, Fast 3.2 Gen1 Performance, 200MB/s Read, Metal Casing£19.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 128GB Kingston DataTraveler 80 USB Type-C, Fast 3.2 Gen1 Performance, 200MB/s Read, 60MB/s Write, Metal Casing£33.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 256GB Kingston DataTraveler 80 USB Type-C, Fast 3.2 Gen1 Performance, 200MB/s Read, 60MB/s Write, Metal Casing£54.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY