The power supply, or PSU, powers all the components inside your PC. The main thing you need to know when shopping is the approximate wattage your system will consume, so roughly tally up the power consumption of your various components. It is recommended to over-spec a little to ensure reliable operation, and get a little extra for future upgrades. Also check that the PSU comes with enough connections for your build, and that it will fit inside your chassis. Modular PSUs allow you to minimise excess cabling by only having the connections you need attached, meaning your PC will not only look more professional but will also run cooler.
The gold standard in PSUs, these power supplies have fully modular cables which means you need to connect the cables your PC needs, resulting in a less cluttered, cooler-running and better looking PC.
- 650W Corsair RM650x Series, 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 54A +12V, 1x135mm Fan, ATX PSU£94.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 750W Corsair RM750x Series, 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 62.5A +12V, 1x135mm Fan, ATX PSU£119.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 850W Corsair RM850x Series, 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 70.8A +12V, 1x135mm Fan, ATX PSU£124.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 650W EVGA SuperNOVA G1, 80PLUS Gold, Full Modular, SLI/CrossFire, Quad Rail, 53A +12V, 1x135mm Fan, ATX PSU£69.98FREE DELIVERY
- 1300W EVGA SuperNova G2, 80 PLUS Gold, Full Modular, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 108.3A +12V, 1x140mm Fan, ATX PSU£198.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
Hybrid modular PSUs tend to have only the most essential cables permanently attached to the PSU, while extra PCIe, SATA and Molex connectors are supplied as modular cables. They're usually cheaper than fully modular PSUs, and are a cost-effective way of achieving a clean and tidy build.
- 550W Corsair CS550M, Hybrid Modular, 80PLUS GOLD, 1x120mm, ATX v2.92, PSU£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These traditional PSUs (power supply units) have no detachable cables, making them less flexible than modular models when it comes to cable management, but they offer the best value for money. Look out for extra features too like high efficiency ratings, sleeved or flat cables, LED lighting and quiet fans.
- 500W ScanFX Builder, Fully Wired, Uncertified, Single Rail, 22A, 120mm Fan, ATX PSU£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500W ThermalTake TR2 S, 80PLUS, Fully Wired, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 35A +12V, 1x120mm Fan, ATX PSU£39.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 380W Antec Earthwatts 380D Green 80PLUS Bronze, Fully Wired, 17A + 15A +12V, 1x 80mm Fan, ATX PSU£44.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 600W Corsair Builder Series CX, Non Modular, 80 PLUS Bronze, 1x120mm Fan, ATX, PSU£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
A range of extension lead, adaptors and surge protection.
- 2m NewLink 4 Way Uk Mains Extension Lead, Mounting holes at rear, Neon light shows socket in operation, 13A, White£4.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2m Mains Power Extension Lead, 4 Way, Surge Protected£5.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2m Mains Power Extension Lead, 6 Way, Surge Protected£6.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Miscellaneous cables including keyboard, monitor and power cables.
- 1.8m UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead Type) Moulded with UK Plug (Suitable for PSU's) 5A Fuse£1.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These power supplies come in a range of small form factors like SFX, micro-ATX and TFX, which have reduced dimensions compared to standard ATX PSUs. Compact cases are sometimes designed with one of these form factors in mind – check that your PSU is compatible with your case.
- 300W Seasonic 300TFX, 80PLUS Bronze, Fully Wired, Dual (2) Rail, 36A +12V, 1x80mm Fan, TFX PSU£35.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY