The power supply, or PSU, powers all the components inside your PC. The main thing you need to know when shopping is the approximate wattage your system will consume, so roughly tally up the power consumption of your various components. It is recommended to over-spec a little to ensure reliable operation, and get a little extra for future upgrades. Also check that the PSU comes with enough connections for your build, and that it will fit inside your chassis. Modular PSUs allow you to minimise excess cabling by only having the connections you need attached, meaning your PC will not only look more professional but will also run cooler.
The gold standard in PSUs, these power supplies have fully modular cables which means you need to connect the cables your PC needs, resulting in a less cluttered, cooler-running and better looking PC.
Hybrid modular PSUs tend to have only the most essential cables permanently attached to the PSU, while extra PCIe, SATA and Molex connectors are supplied as modular cables. They're usually cheaper than fully modular PSUs, and are a cost-effective way of achieving a clean and tidy build.
- 650W Cooler Master G650M Hybrid Modular, 80PLUS Bronze, 1x120mm, ATX, PSU£53.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
It's no good if your laptop's power supply has stopped working, or if it's been lost. Our selection includes third-party power packs that work with dozens of machines from top manufacturers, replacement batteries, emergency charging packs and even ruggedised chargers for working in demanding locations.
- 120W PowerCool Universal Laptop AC Adaptor with 9 Tips£17.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Miscellaneous cables including keyboard, monitor and power cables.
- 1.8m UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead Type) Moulded with UK Plug (Suitable for PSU's)BS Approved C13 IE£1.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2M C5 to 3 Pin UK Plug (Mickey Mouse/Clover Leaf) Suitable for some laptop PSU Adaptors / monitor power adapters£2.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Scan RB-413 SATA 15 Pin to 4 Pin Molex Gender Changer (converts sata power to molex power Cable)£2.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These traditional PSUs (power supply units) have no detachable cables, making them less flexible than modular models when it comes to cable management, but they offer the best value for money. Look out for extra features too like high efficiency ratings, sleeved or flat cables, LED lighting and quiet fans.
- 700W ACE Black with Red Fan, Fully Wired, Single Rail, 34A +12V, 1x120mm Fan, ATX PSU£19.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 450W Corsair VS450, Refurbished, 80 PLUS White, Fully Wired, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 34A +12V, 1x120mm Fan, ATX PSU£26.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500W Aerocool Integrator 80PLUS PSU with 120mm Quiet Black Fan£29.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 350W Corsair VS350 Series, 80PLUS Single Rail, 25A +12V, 1x120mm Fan, ATX PSU£34.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500W ThermalTake TR2 S, 80PLUS, Fully Wired, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 35A +12V, 1x120mm Fan, ATX PSU£39.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 600W EVGA 80PLUS ATX PSU, Fully wired, Single Rail, 49A +12V, 120mm Quiet Fan£44.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 500W Corsair Builder CX500, 80 PLUS Bronze, Fully Wired, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 38A +12V, 1x120mm Fan, ATX PSU£49.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 600W ThermalTake TR2 S, 80 PLUS, Fully Wired, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 42A +12V, 1x120mm Fan, ATX PSU£49.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 650W Corsair VS Series VS650, 80 PLUS White, Fully Wired, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 50A +12V, 1x120mm Fan, ATX PSU£54.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 600W Corsair Builder Series CX, Non Modular, 80 PLUS Bronze, 1x120mm Fan, ATX, PSU£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY