The power-supply unit, or PSU, powers all the components inside your PC. The main thing you need to know when shopping is the approximate wattage your system will consume, so roughly tally up the power consumption of your various components. It is recommended to over-spec a little to ensure reliable operation, and get a little extra for future upgrades. Also check that the PSU comes with enough connections for your build, and that it will fit inside your chassis. Modular PSUs allow you to minimise excess cabling by only having the connections you need attached, meaning your PC will not only look more professional but will also run cooler. The quality of a PSU can be indirectly derived by looking at its 80 PLUS rating, which defines its efficiency, with Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium categories indicating ever-increasing power efficiency.
A power supply, or PSU, is the component that provides power to everything else inside your PC – and so it’s a crucial. Power supplies include a range of cables to plug into all of the standard components inside a computer. Some PSUs have modular cables, so you only need to fit the cables to you need, resulting in a neater build and better airflow inside the PC.
PSUs are also rated for efficiency, with a more efficient model consuming less power. The ratings go from Bronze to Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium.
These PSUs provide 600W, 650W, 700W, or 750W of power, making them ideal for gaming PCs and professional workstations with a single graphics card and some dual-graphics card configurations.
- 650W Corsair CX Series CX650, 80PLUS Bronze, Fully Wired, Single Rail, 54A +12V, 120mm Fan, ATX PSUWas: £89.99£79.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These braided cables come for the range of power requirements that a computer power supply unit supplies. The braiding ensures a neat cabling solution to the internals of your computer which translates to less obstruction to the internal air flow for your hardware. These range of cables include motherboard, VGA cards, hard drive extension and adaptor cables plus mains cables.
- 2m Scan 3XS Braided Cable Wrap, Flexible, Expandable Sleeve, BlackWas: £5.99£4.79£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
It's no good if your laptop's power supply has stopped working, or if it's been lost. Our selection includes third-party power packs that work with dozens of machines from top manufacturers, replacement batteries, emergency charging packs and even ruggedised chargers for working in demanding locations.
- 40W Belkin Netebook Power Adapter, 10.5V, w/ USB Charging Port, 5 Tips, for Various Laptops£9.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
A range of extension lead, adaptors and surge protection.
- 6 Socket Philex 76925R PowerDome Surge Protected Extension Lead, w/ Child Protection, 1M Mains Cable 13A, UK, WhiteWas: £7.49£4.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 10" 3 Socket Xclio PDUH-01-3-SOH Horizontal Rackmount, 1U, 10A, Switched PDU/Power BarWas: £8.48£7.19£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.8m LMS Data PDU-8WS-H-SP-IEC-IEC C13 Sockets to C14 Plug Horizontal PDU, Surge Protection, 1U, 240V, 10, 8 OutletsWas: £26.48£23.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY