The power-supply unit, or PSU, powers all the components inside your PC. The main thing you need to know when shopping is the approximate wattage your system will consume, so roughly tally up the power consumption of your various components. It is recommended to over-spec a little to ensure reliable operation, and get a little extra for future upgrades. Also check that the PSU comes with enough connections for your build, and that it will fit inside your chassis. Modular PSUs allow you to minimise excess cabling by only having the connections you need attached, meaning your PC will not only look more professional but will also run cooler. The quality of a PSU can be indirectly derived by looking at its 80 PLUS rating, which defines its efficiency, with Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium categories indicating ever-increasing power efficiency.
A power supply, or PSU, is the component that provides power to everything else inside your PC – and so it’s a crucial. Power supplies include a range of cables to plug into all of the standard components inside a computer. Some PSUs have modular cables, so you only need to fit the cables to you need, resulting in a neater build and better airflow inside the PC.
PSUs are also rated for efficiency, with a more efficient model consuming less power. The ratings go from Bronze to Silver, Gold, Platinum and Titanium.
These PSUs provide 600W, 650W, 700W, or 750W of power, making them ideal for gaming PCs and professional workstations with a single graphics card and some dual-graphics card configurations.
- 600W EVGA Fully Wired, 80PLUS SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 49A, 120mm Quiet Fan, ATX PSU Black PSUWas: £49.98£46.99FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
- 700W GameMax GM-700, Fully Wired, 80PLUS Bronze, Dual Rail, 58.3A, 140mm Fan, ATX PSUWas: £59.99£54.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 650W NZXT C-Series C650, Fully Modular, 80PLUS Gold, Single Rail, 54A, 120mm Fan, ATX PSUWas: £99.98£94.99FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
- 750W Thermaltake Toughpower GF1, Full Modular, 80PLUS Gold, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 62A, 140mm Fan, ATX, PSUWas: £124.99£109.98FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
- 750W EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3, Full Modular, 80PLUS Gold, SLI/CrossFire, Single Rail, 62.4A, 130mm Fan, ATX PSUWas: £129.98£124.99FREE DELIVERY ON THIS ITEM
It's no good if your laptop's power supply has stopped working, or if it's been lost. Our selection includes third-party power packs that work with dozens of machines from top manufacturers, replacement batteries, emergency charging packs and even ruggedised chargers for working in demanding locations.
- 40W Belkin Netebook Power Adapter, 10.5V, w/ USB Charging Port, 5 Tips, for Various Laptops£9.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
A range of extension lead, adaptors and surge protection.
- 6 Socket Philex 76925R PowerDome Surge Protected Extension Lead, w/ Child Protection, 1M Mains Cable 13A, UK, WhiteWas: £8.48£5.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 10" 3 Socket Xclio PDUH-01-3-SOH Horizontal Rackmount, 1U, 10A, Switched PDU/Power BarWas: £8.48£7.19£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Miscellaneous cables including keyboard, monitor and power cables.
- 1.8m StarTech.com USBUPS06 RJ-45 to USB Type-A Smart UPS Cable, 28 AWG, BlackWas: £17.99£13.19£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY