A network-attached storage (NAS) box is a device which holds one or more hard disks and connects to your network, giving other devices access to the stored content. They run their own operating system, typically configured through a web browser. Features vary from unit to unit, but many offer things such as RAID support, automated back-ups and P2P downloads, media streaming and remote login, which allows you to access your content from anywhere in the world with an internet connection. Units with more bays can store more content, and they are sold both empty and with hard disks included. High-performance NAS units feature desktop-class processors and significant amounts of memory, making them mini-computers in all but name.
These hard drives are specially engineered for maximum reliability and durability for use in NAS boxes. They also typically have a superior warranty to standard consumer-grade hard drives and ofen have special firmware that makes them more resistant to the problems caused by vibrations created by lots of drives mounted close together in NAS box. Choose from a wide variety of capacity points and performance levels.
- 4TB WD Red Pro WD4003FFBX, 3.5" NAS HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, Shock Sensor, NCQ, OEM£164.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 6TB WD Red Pro WD6003FFBX, 3.5" NAS HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, Shock Sensor, NCQ, OEM£219.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock
- 8TB WD Red WD80EFAX, 3.5" NAS HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 256MB Cache, NCQ, OEM£229.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 8TB WD Red Pro WD8003FFBX, 3.5" NAS HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, Shock Sensor, NCQ, OEM£289.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
NAS (network attached storage) device accessories, including drive bay adaptors, rack and rail mounting kits, power supplies and warranty extension programs. They tend to be suitable only for specific NAS units, so check yours is compatible.
- Broadcom MegaRAID CacheVault Power Module Kit for 9361-16i+9380-8i8e£89.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock