Hard Drives - Internal
Hard disk drives (HDDs) are used for storing masses of data in your system. They're mechanical, and thus slower than SSDs, but have the benefit of coming in much larger capacities – you can now get 12TB in a single drive. Internal drives come in two main form factors: 3.5in, which you typically use in desktop PCs, and 2.5in, which are usually for laptops, though a range of convertor brackets are also available. Consumer drives typically connect to the system via a SATA cable whereas drives destined for servers sometimes use what is known as a SAS connection.
These hard drives are specially engineered for maximum reliability and durability for use in NAS boxes. They also typically have a superior warranty to standard consumer-grade hard drives and ofen have special firmware that makes them more resistant to the problems caused by vibrations created by lots of drives mounted close together in NAS box. Choose from a wide variety of capacity points and performance levels.
- 4TB Hitachi 0S04005 DeskStar NAS 3.5" 4TB 7200 RPM 128MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s High-Performance Hard Drive for Desktop NAS£108.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
Maximise the performance of your HDD or SSD. Coolers allow you to keep high performance SSDs or HDDs operating at their best.
- Akasa Aluminium Passive cooling kit for M.2 2280 SSD£6.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
- Icy Dock EZ-Fit Lite MB290SP-B Dual 2.5” SSD/HDD 7mm-9.5mm Mounting Kit/Bracket into 3.5" Bay£8.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 4-Bay Icy Dock ToughArmor MB607SP-B Full Metal HDD/SSD Drive Cage, 4x 2.5" Drive Bays, 40mm Fan, SATA/SAS£62.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
This range of removable caddies designed for Serial ATA drives allows the end user to swap drives and also remove drives from systems as a security option. With a range of internal or external caddies as well as PATA to SATA converting cases these devices also keep the drives much cooler due to their fans and aluminium structure (where applicable).
- Icydock FLEX-FIT Duo MB343SPO 5.25” Ext. Bay to 3.5” HDD / Device Bay + Ultra Slim ODD Bay Mounting Kit Bracket£9.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- IcyDock MB453TRAY-2B 2.5"/3.5" HDD/SSD tray for FatCage (MB15X), DataCage (MB45X/ MB876) series internal mobile rack£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Icy Dock MB521SP-B 2.5” SSD Dock Trayless Hot-Swap SATA / SAS Mobile Rack for Ext 3.5” Bay£26.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- IcyDock ToughArmor MB992SKR-B Full Metal Dual Bay RAID 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD Mobile Rack for 3.5" Front Device Bay£83.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Quickport HDD Docks allows an internal hard drive to be instantly docked and accessed without having to open your system. These units sit externally and connect via USB and/or eSATA. Check individual products for exact hard drive and PC connectivity.
- Icy Box IB-123CL 2 bay dock and clone station for 2.5" / 3.5" SATA HDDs/SSDs + JBOD function, USB 3.0 with UASP Support£34.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY