Hard Drives - Internal
Hard disk drives (HDDs) are used for storing masses of data in your system. They're mechanical, and thus slower than SSDs, but have the benefit of coming in much larger capacities – you can now get 12TB in a single drive. Internal drives come in two main form factors: 3.5in, which you typically use in desktop PCs, and 2.5in, which are usually for laptops, though a range of convertor brackets are also available. Consumer drives typically connect to the system via a SATA cable whereas drives destined for servers sometimes use what is known as a SAS connection.
These 3.5" hard drives are available in 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB sizes. They utilise the newer SATA III 6Gb/s interface, ensuring as high speeds as possible with their mechanical technology, especially when using them in RAID. They're the most popular drives for today's desktop PCs, thanks to high spindle speeds, lots of cache and huge capacities.
- 3TB WD Blue WD30EZAZ Hard Drive, 3.5" HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 256MB Cache, NCQ, OEM£79.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
- 4TB WD Blue WD40EZAZ, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 256MB Cache, OEM£83.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYDue 1st Jun
These hard drives are specially engineered for maximum reliability and durability for use in mission-critical systems such as servers and workstations. They also typically have a superior warranty to standard consumer-grade hard drives. Choose from a wide variety of capacity points and performance levels.
- 12TB Seagate ST12000NM001G EXOS X16 Enterprise SATA Hard Drive, 3.5" HDD, SATA 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, 512E, 4.16ms£323.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYDue 31st Jul
These hard drives are specially engineered for maximum reliability and durability for use in NAS boxes. They also typically have a superior warranty to standard consumer-grade hard drives and often have special firmware that makes them more resistant to the problems caused by vibrations created by lots of drives mounted close together in NAS box. Choose from a wide variety of capacity points and performance levels.
- 3TB WD Red WD30EFAX NAS Hard Drive, 3.5" HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 256MB Cache, NCQ, OEM£89.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) is a data transfer protocol that is more enterprise focussed than SATA, which is the standard bus for regular consumer drives. Available in 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB and 12TB capacities SAS drives are more expensive per gigabyte, but they offer increased speed, longevity and improved error checking, which is vital for their intended use in enterprise, server and high-end workstation solutions. These 3.5" models are less limited in speed and capacity than 2.5" ones, but require more space. Designed to be used with mission critical systems such as servers, high-end work stations or any other users that require the best performance going to improve their systems performance.
- 10TB Western Digital Ultrastar DC HC330 SAS Hard Drive, 3.5" HDD, SAS 12Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, 512E/4096N, OEM£335.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYIn stock