Hard Drives - Internal
Hard disks are used for storing masses of data in your system. They're mechanical, and slower than SSDs, but have the benefit of coming in much larger capacities – you can now get multiple terabytes in a single drive. Internal drives come in two main form factors: 3.5”, which you typically use in desktop PCs, and 2.5”, which are usually for laptops, though a range of convertor brackets are also available.
Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) is a data transfer protocol that is more enterprise focussed than SATA, which is the standard bus for regular consumer drives. Available in 300GB, 600GB and 900GB capacities SAS drives are more expensive per gigabyte, but they offer increased speed, longevity and improved error checking, which is vital for their intended use in enterprise, server and high-end workstation solutions. These 3.5" models are less limited in speed and capacity than 2.5" ones, but require more space. Designed to be used with mission critical systems such as servers, high-end work stations or any other users that require the best performance going to improve their systems performance.
- 1.8TB Seagate ST1800MM0018 2.5" Savio Enterprise V8 SAS 12GB/s 10000rpm 512MB Cache Hard Drive£327.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
These hard drives are specially engineered for maximum reliability and durability for use in NAS boxes. They also typically have a superior warranty to standard consumer-grade hard drives and ofen have special firmware that makes them more resistant to the problems caused by vibrations created by lots of drives mounted close together in NAS box. Choose from a wide variety of capacity points and performance levels.
- 6TB Seagate ST6000NE0023 IronWolf Pro 3.5" NAS Hard Drive, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, 4.16ms£217.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 8TB Seagate ST8000NE0004 IronWolf Pro 3.5" NAS Hard Drive, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, 4.16ms£273.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
This range of removable caddies designed for Serial ATA drives allows the end user to swap drives and also remove drives from systems as a security option. With a range of internal or external caddies as well as PATA to SATA converting cases these devices also keep the drives much cooler due to their fans and aluminium structure (where applicable).
- StarTech.com HSB4SATSA 4 Bay Aluminum Trayless Hot Swap Mobile Rack Backplane for 3.5in SAS II/SATA III£84.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Quickport HDD Docks allows an internal hard drive to be instantly docked and accessed without having to open your system. These units sit externally and connect via USB and/or eSATA. Check individual products for exact hard drive and PC connectivity.
- 1 Bay StarTech.com SDOCKU33EBV Docking Station for 2.5"/3.5" SATA Hard Drives, USAP Compatible, USB 3.0/eSATA£41.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2 Bay StarTech.com SDOCK2U33EB Docking Station for 2x 2.5"/3.5" SATA Hard Drives, USAP Compatible, USB 3.0/eSATA£57.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2 Bay StarTech.com SDOCK2U33 Docking Station for 2x SATA Hard Drives, USAP Compatible, USB 3.0£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- StarTech.com UNIDOCKU33 Thunderbolt to Gigabit Ethernet + USB 3.0 Dongle USB3-SATA 6Gbps IDE HDD Dock/Stn£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY