Hard Drives - Internal
Hard disks are used for storing masses of data in your system. They're mechanical, and slower than SSDs, but have the benefit of coming in much larger capacities – you can now get multiple terabytes in a single drive. Internal drives come in two main form factors: 3.5”, which you typically use in desktop PCs, and 2.5”, which are usually for laptops, though a range of convertor brackets are also available.
These 2.5” hard drives will typically be used to upgrade laptops and games consoles due to their smaller size. They're compatible with many desktops too, but such systems are best suited to 3.5” drives which usually have a higher rpm and are thus faster. Make sure the height of the drive is the right size for your system.
- 500GB HGST 0J11285 Travelstar Z5K500, 2.5" HDD, ReCertified, 7 mm, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 8MB Cache, 5.5ms, OEM£34.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
2.5” drives are significantly smaller than standard 3.5” ones, making them great candidates for upgrading the storage of your laptop or games console, especially as they're available in capacities up to 3TB. Remember to check the height of the drives, as most portable or console systems only have bays which support 9.5mm drives or less. Also pay attention to the spin speed in rpm; while all drive here use the latest SATA III 6Gbps interface, faster spinning drives will read and write data faster.
- 500GB WD Black WD5000BPKX, 2.5" HDD, ReCertified, 9.5 mm, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 16MB Cache, OEM£45.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These 3.5” hard drives utilise the newer SATA III 6Gb/s interface, ensuring as high speeds as possible with their mechanical technology, especially when using them in RAID. They're the most popular drives for today's desktop PCs, thanks to high spindle speeds, lots of cache and huge capacities. You can now get up to 10TB in a single drive, meaning even small form factor machines can store masses of media and games.
- 3TB WD Green WD30EZRX, 3.5" HDD, ReCertified, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400 - 5900rpm, 64MB Cache, 8ms, OEM£70.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1TB Seagate ST1000NM0055 Enterprise V5 512n, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 128MB Cache, NCQ£82.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3TB WD Red WD30EFRX, 3.5" NAS HDD, ReCertified, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 64MB Cache, NCQ, OEM£93.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 4TB WD Red WD40EFRX, 3.5" NAS HDD, ReCertified, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 64MB Cache, NCQ, OEM£123.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Bay converters and brackets for PC Cases which include brackets and drive bay converters of various types.
- Silverstone SST-SDP08B-E 3.5'' into 3x 2.5" Bay, Black£6.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Here you will find various adaptors and other miscellaneous equipment for internal hard-drives to help adapt them to your requirements.
- Icy Box 2.5" SATA Drive to 3.0 USB Adapter with 2 Bay Plastic enclosure£11.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Icy Box mSATA/M.2 SSD Laptop/Notebook DVD bay Convertor£23.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
This range of removable caddies designed for Serial ATA drives allows the end user to swap drives and also remove drives from systems as a security option. With a range of internal or external caddies as well as PATA to SATA converting cases these devices also keep the drives much cooler due to their fans and aluminium structure (where applicable).
- Startech 2.5" SATA/SAS SSD/HDD TO 3.5" SATA Hard Drive Adaptor Bay Converter£15.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY