Hard Drives - Internal
Hard disk drives (HDDs) are used for storing masses of data in your system. They're mechanical, and thus slower than SSDs, but have the benefit of coming in much larger capacities – you can now get 12TB in a single drive. Internal drives come in two main form factors: 3.5in, which you typically use in desktop PCs, and 2.5in, which are usually for laptops, though a range of convertor brackets are also available. Consumer drives typically connect to the system via a SATA cable whereas drives destined for servers sometimes use what is known as a SAS connection.
These hard drives are specially engineered for maximum reliability and durability for use in mission-critical systems such as servers and workstations. They also typically have a superior warranty to standard consumer-grade hard drives. Choose from a wide variety of capacity points and performance levels.
- 6TB Toshiba MG06ACA600E Enterprise Capacity Hard Drive, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6GB/s, 7200rpm, 512e/4Kn£164.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These hard drives are specially engineered for maximum reliability and durability for use in NAS boxes. They also typically have a superior warranty to standard consumer-grade hard drives and often have special firmware that makes them more resistant to the problems caused by vibrations created by lots of drives mounted close together in NAS box. Choose from a wide variety of capacity points and performance levels.
- 8TB Toshiba N300 HDWG180UZSVA NAS Hard Drive, 3.5" HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 128MB Cache, 4.17ms, OEM£197.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 18TB Seagate IronWolf Pro ST18000NE000 NAS Hard Drive, 3.5" HDD, SATA III 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 256MB Cache, OEM£575.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) is a data transfer protocol that is more enterprise focussed than SATA, which is the standard bus for regular consumer drives. Available in 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB and 12TB capacities SAS drives are more expensive per gigabyte, but they offer increased speed, longevity and improved error checking, which is vital for their intended use in enterprise, server and high-end workstation solutions. These 3.5" models are less limited in speed and capacity than 2.5" ones, but require more space. Designed to be used with mission critical systems such as servers, high-end work stations or any other users that require the best performance going to improve their systems performance.
This range of removable caddies designed for Serial ATA drives allows the end user to swap drives and also remove drives from systems as a security option. With a range of internal or external caddies as well as PATA to SATA converting cases these devices also keep the drives much cooler due to their fans and aluminium structure (where applicable).
- Dell 8FKXC/ 08FKXC SAS Caddy, Supports 2.5" HDD, Hot swappable, for PowerEdge R730, R630 Series£20.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
- ICY BOX IB-173SSK, Mobile Rack for 2.5" + 3.5" SATA/SAS HDD, 5.25" Bay, SATA III, Lockable£32.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ICY BOX IB-2212U2, Mobile Rack for 2.5" U.2 NVMe SSD/ SATA/SAS HDD/SSD, Lockable£36.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ICY BOX IB-2242SAS-12G, 4x 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD/SSD Backplane Cage, SATA 6Gbp/s, SAS 12Gbp/s, Lockable£82.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- ICY BOX IB-2281SAS-12G, 8x 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD/SSD Backplane Cage, SATA 6Gbp/s, SAS 12Gbp/s, 2x 5.25” Bay, Lockable£131.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Quickport HDD Docks allows an internal hard drive to be instantly docked and accessed without having to open your system. These units sit externally and connect via USB and/or eSATA. Check individual products for exact hard drive and PC connectivity.
- ICY BOX IB-121CL-C31, 2 Bay Docking & Cloning Station, 2.5"/3.5" SATA HDD/SSD, USB3.1 Gen 2 Type-C, 10Gbit/s£59.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY