These are the necessary conduits that link a computer with a display. Cables come in a variety of interfaces common today, including HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, and VGA. Various adapters and splitters exist to convert or multiply one connection to another, but it is always beneficial to use a native connection if you can. It is generally recommended to not exceed cable lengths of 3m if you can help it. Scan recommends connecting a PC to a monitor via either HDMI or DisplayPort, and either is needed for a high-resolution 4K display to work at its highest refresh rate.
This section includes a wide range of audio/visual cables, ideal for those interested in production and other tasks that require more than what their PC or laptop can offer. The selection includes 3.5mm splitters, male-to-female DVI adapters and analogue to digital converter boxes.
- StarTech VS721MULTI Multiple Video Input to HDMI Switcher - HDMI / VGA / Component£348.98FREE DELIVERY
DisplayPort is a recently-introduced video connection that's found on an increasing number of graphics cards and monitors - and occasionally on laptops, too. Our adapters cater for full-size and mini DisplayPort connections as well as adapters to convert DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI, VGA and other types of video signal.
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transmitting encrypted uncompressed digital data. Whether it be a Blu-ray player, games console or pc, HDMI cables can support over 2 Billion devices worldwide, allowing you to watch HD movies at home, with high fidelity sound.
- 2M BELKIN AV10168BT2M-BLK Premium Ultra HD [email protected] Certified HDMI2.0b 18GB/s Cable£21.98FREE DELIVERYPre order
- Belkin AV10175bt2M-BLK Ultra HD High Speed Premium HDMI Cable, 4K/Dolby Vision HDR10£34.99FREE DELIVERY
- StarTech HD2VID HDMI® to Composite Converter with Audio£127.49FREE DELIVERY
- StarTech ST121UTPHD2 HDMI over CAT5 HDBaseT Extender - RS232 - 4K - 330 ft (100m)£318.49FREE DELIVERY