These are the necessary conduits that link a computer with a display. Cables come in a variety of interfaces common today, including HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, and VGA. Various adapters and splitters exist to convert or multiply one connection to another, but it is always beneficial to use a native connection if you can. It is generally recommended to not exceed cable lengths of 3m if you can help it. Scan recommends connecting a PC to a monitor via either HDMI or DisplayPort, and either is needed for a high-resolution 4K display to work at its highest refresh rate.
DisplayPort is a recently-introduced video connection that's found on an increasing number of graphics cards and monitors - and occasionally on laptops, too. Our adapters cater for full-size and mini DisplayPort connections as well as adapters to convert DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI, VGA and other types of video signal.
- 3m Club3D Mini DisplayPort 1.2 Cable to HDMI 2.0 Active AdapterWas: £25.99£23.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- StarTech.com Travel A/V adapter: 3-in-1 DisplayPort to VGA DVI or HDMIWas: £39.49£34.79£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Club3D CAC-1110 Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort 1.2 AdapterWas: £9.98£8.39£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Club3D Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 1.4 VR READY Adapter CableWas: £15.98£13.19£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- StarTech.com DisplayPort DVI Video Adapter Converter, Supports PC Resolutions Up To 1920x1200Was: £15.49£14.39£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 1.8M StarTech.com Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter Cable mDP to VGA - BlackWas: £22.99£20.39£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 3Ft StarTech Mini DisplayPort to DVI Active Adapter Cable - mDP to DVIWas: £27.98£25.19£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
DVI and VGA are two of the most common display connections found on graphics cards, PCs and monitors, and a huge variety of adapters are available from basic male-to-female plugs to more complex splitters and converters.
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) is a compact audio/video interface for transmitting encrypted uncompressed digital data. Whether it be a Blu-ray player, games console or pc, HDMI cables can support over 2 Billion devices worldwide, allowing you to watch HD movies at home, with high fidelity sound.
- 20cm Scan HDMI Adaptor - HDMI (Male) to Mini DVI (Female)Was: £5.99£4.79£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
When connecting media products together, you need a high quality connection. That's where high quality AV cables come in. There are numerous connections for AV signals, check the specification of each product to ensure it matches your requirements.
- 1.5m Belkin Pro Series SCART Cable - SCART (Male) to SCART (Male), Black£0.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
A digital cable for audio/video connectivity. Primarily used between a computer and monitor/displays. Display Port is always male on the cable and female on the device. Note however there are two types of Display Port plug, standard and mini. Always check the socket on your device to confirm.
- 2m Club 3D CAC-1164 Mini DisplayPort 1.4 HBR3 Cable Male/MaleWas: £21.98£20.39£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Cables for connectivity between PC's and display monitors. This section features D-Sub (otherwise known as VGA) and DVI cables. Note that DVI cables are available in various forms namely, DVI-A (analogue), DVI-D (digital, available in both single-link and dual-link), DVI-I (Integrated in both analogue and digital).
- 3m Xclio VGA Cable - VGA (Male) to VGA (Male),GreyWas: £2.48£1.80£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- StarTech.com CDP2VGASA USB-C to VGA Adapter - with Presentation Mode Switch - 1920x1200Was: £28.99£27.59£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Scan USB 3.0 to HDMI Female Adaptor, Comes with HDMI to DVI Adaptor, BlackWas: £43.49£38.39£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Club3D CSV-5200 1 to 2 Port DisplayPort 1.2a MST Hub, 2x DisplayPort Output or 2x Dual Link DVI PortsWas: £41.48£39.59£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY