A cable is one, two or more wires bound together, typically in a common protective jacket or sheath. The individual wires inside the jacket may be covered or insulated. This wire is usually copper because of its excellent conductivity. Cables are used to connect two or more devices such as a hard drive and a motherboard or two PCs to enable communication between them.
Cables for connectivity between PC's and display monitors. This section features D-Sub (otherwise known as VGA) and DVI cables. Note that DVI cables are available in various forms namely, DVI-A (analogue), DVI-D (digital, available in both single-link and dual-link), DVI-I (Integrated in both analogue and digital).
- 6 ft DVI-I Male to DVI-D Male and HD15 VGA Male Video Splitter Cable£14.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These braided cables come for the range of power requirements that a computer power supply unit supplies. The braiding ensures a neat cabling solution to the internals of your computer which translates to less obstruction to the internal air flow for your hardware. These range of cables include motherboard, VGA cards, hard drive extension and adaptor cables plus mains cables.
- Thermaltake Black/Pink 11.81" (300mm) TtMod Sleeve Cable (Cable Extension)£38.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
Universal Serial Bus (USB) is a serial bus standard to connect devices to a host computer.
- 1.8m StarTech.com USB 2.0 to Parallel Adapter Cable, USB (A) Male to Centronics 36pin (Male), USB Powered, Black£13.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
SATA cables are used to connect hard disks, SSDs and optical drives to a PC's motherboard. Our range includes standard cables, versions with right-angled connectors to fit into tight spaces, SATA power adapters and SATA-to-MOLEX power connectors.
- 6in SATA Power Y Splitter Cable Adapter - M/F SATA cable£3.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Fiber Duplex Patch cord OM3 50/125 SC/ST LSZH Aqua- 10 m£11.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Duplex Fiber Patch cord OM3 LSZH 50/125 SC/SC Aqua- 20 m£14.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
A network cable is used to connect a computer to a network. This can be a range of setups such as a broadband router feeding a single computer, two computers connected directly to each other, or a multiple number of computers and a network printer all connected to a server or router. RJ45 is the plug type. The general difference between CAT5e and CAT6 cabling is the increased transmission performance with CAT6. Note that there are two configurations of cables, Straight and X-Over (crossover). A X-Over cable is only used when connecting two computers directly to each other, or when connecting a computer directly to a peripheral for setup/configuration purposes.
- 304m Ubiquiti TOUGHCable Pro 4 CAT5e, Shielded 24 AWG Solid Copper Outdoor Cable reel£137.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Network wall sockets, tools and accessories for all your cabling network requirements. Build a integrated cable network within the walls of a building to making up loose network patch cables.
- PANDUIT Single Gang TwnShtr WPlCall for price
Miscellaneous cables including keyboard, monitor and power cables.
- 1m Laptop Power Cord - 3 Slot for UK - BS-1363 to C5 Clover Leaf Power Cable Lead£4.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY