Windows 7 Professional Operating System, Retail
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Retail 32 & 64 Bit
Compare Windows 7 editions
32-Bit & 64Bit? All Windows 7 Include Both Discs. This is the full edition, not upgrade or OEM and *is* provided with a web browser.
Everything you need for work and home
With Windows 7 Professional, fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode and recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network. You can also connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely with Domain Join. With all the exciting entertainment features of Windows Home Premium, it's a great choice for home and for business.
Need to use multiple languages on your PC or help protect your data with enhanced BitLocker security? Get Windows 7 Ultimate
Features Simplify everyday tasks
• Simplify your PC with new navigation features like Aero Shake, Jump Lists, and Snap.
• Customize Windows to look and feel the way you like by changing themes and taskbar programs.
• Easy to network (with or without a server).
• Back up your complete system over a network.
• Windows XP Backwards Compatibility Mode
Work the way you want
• Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
• Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory.
• Windows XP Mode gives you the business flexibility you need.
Make new things possible
• Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV with Windows Media Center.
• Watch your favourite DVD movies.
• Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
Windows 7 system requirements
• 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
• 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
• 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
• DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
• Internet access (fees may apply)
• Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
• For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
• Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
• HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
• DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
• BitLocker requires Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.2
• BitLocker To Go requires a USB flash drive
• Windows XP Mode requires an additional 1 GB of RAM, an additional 15 GB of available hard disk space, and a processor capable of hardware virtualization with Intel VT or AMD-V turned on
• Music and sound require audio output
* Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 1 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 1 days
- Non-Returnable Item if Opened or Used
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 17th May 2010
With the rapid growth of digital media over the past decade or two, there's a good chance you've amassed a vast library of music, photos and videos on your home desktop PC.
Date Issued: 29th Jul 2009
Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system (OS) lands at retail stores on October 22nd 2009. Here's what you need to know if you're planning an upgrade.
Date Issued: 29th Jun 2009
Microsoft will launch its Windows 7 operating system on October 22nd 2009, and it'll be available in no less than six different editions. We explain what they are and which will be relevant to you.
Date Issued: 14th Jul 2008
This TekSpek explains the essentials required to run a 64-bit operating system and native 64-bit applications on a modern 64-bit capable PC system.