Intel i5 4690K Haswell Refresh Socket 1150 CPU
Intel Core i5 4690K, S 1150, Haswell Refresh, Quad Core, 3.5GHz Base, 3.9GHz Turbo, 1200MHz GPU, 88W, CPU, Retail
Dynamically increases the processor's frequency as needed by taking advantage of thermal and power headroom when operating below specified limits.
Technology Built-In Visuals
• Intel HD Graphics - Enhanced 3D performance for immersive mainstream and casual gaming. can support up to three UltraHD (4K) displays and collage display.
• Intel Wireless Display - Wirelessly stream HD / 3D video and games to your TV or projector for presentations and entertainment.
• Intel Quick Sync Video - Delivers fast conversion of video for portable media players, online sharing and video editing and authoring
• Intel Clear Video HD - Visual qulity and colour fidelity enhancements for HD playback and immersive Web browsing.
• Intel InTru 3D - Stereoscopic 3D Blu-ray playback in full 1080p resolution over HDMI 1.4 and premium audio.
• Intel Advanced Vector Extensions - A set of new instrutions to improve software performance for floating point-intensive applications such as audio processing, audio codecs, and image and video editing applications.
Integratied Memory Controller
An integrated memory controller offers stunning memory read/write performance through efficient prefetching algorithms, lower latency, improving performance.
Intel Virtualization Technology
Allows one hardware platform to funtion as multiple "virtual" platforms by isolating computing activities into separate partitions.
Advanced Encryption Standard New Instructions
New AES instructions add hardware acceleration to AES algorithms and speeds up the execution of AES applications.
Thermal Solution for Boxed Processors
Includes a four-pin connector for fan speed control to help minmize the acoustic noise levels generated from running the fan at higher speeds for thermal performance.
|CPU Type||Intel Core i5|
|Core Name||Haswell Refresh|
|Core Size||22 nm|
|No. of Threads||4|
|Core Ratio||35 x|
|Clock Speed||3.5 GHz|
|Turbo Speed||3.9 GHz|
|DMI Speed||5 GT/s|
|Unlocked Core Multiplier||Yes|
|Unlocked Full Range Base Clock (B-Clock)||No|
|Max. Memory Size||32 GB|
|Max. Memory Speed||DDR3 - 1600|
|Max. Memory Channels||2 (Dual Channel)|
|ECC Memory Support||Not Supported|
|Max. PCIe Lanes Supported||16|
|Processor Graphics||Intel HD Graphics 4600|
|Base GPU Speed||350 MHz|
|Max. GPU Speed||1200 MHz|
|Max. GPU Resolution||3840x2160 (Ultra HD)|
|L1 Cache (Total)||4 x 32 KB instruction caches, 4 x 32 KB data cache|
|L2 Cache (Total)||256KB x 4|
|L3 Cache (Total)||*See Intel Smart Cache*|
|Intel® Smart Cache||6MB|
|Heatsink||Active (With Heat Sink Fan)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 1 months
- 0870 607 2439
Date Issued: 9th May 2014
Intel launched a bevy of Haswell Core processors last June. Presented in a LGA1150 form factor and therefore physically different to the LGA1155 Ivy Bridge processors of the year before, new chipsets were also launched to support these new chips.
Date Issued: 31st Aug 2013
Intel launched premium Haswell chips first, promising mainstream parts in the near future.That near future is now, September 1, as the chip giant is rolling out a comprehensive number of new chips in one fell swoop.
Date Issued: 1st Jun 2013
With PC and mobile converging quicker than ever before, Intel needs to reassert its presence in portable devices with an architecture that can scale across multiple platforms. That quest begins with the introduction of the fourth-generation Core processor family, codenamed Haswell.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
FREE GRID Autosport, Shadowrun Returns, Star Chart & McAfee LiveSafe 1 year license
You don't need hyperthreading for gaming and doesn't give you any fps increase in my experience.
Hyperthreading is good like with the i7 4790K if you do a lot of video rendering, other than that stick with the i5 4690K. A brilliant chip - I have mine running at 4.7GHz with only 1.2v