Fractal Design Core 500 mini-ITX Cube Chassis - Black
Fractal Design Core 500 Mini-ITX Cube Case with ATX PSU Support, Black, 1x Silent Series R3 140mm Fan Inc
By DPD On 29th Jan
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
- 48HR REPLACEMENT If you need to return this item, your replacement will be dispatched within 2 working days of your product arriving back at Scan. More info
Build without Compromise
The Core 500 is the perfect PC case for those looking for a small, compact chassis that lets you build your computer without compromising on component selection.
The case comes with one Silent Series R3 140mm fan which offers great cooling from the get go. For those who wish to expand their cooling ability there is room for an additional two 140 mm fans, water cooling radiators up to 280mm or air coolers up to 170 mm in height.
Additionally, with minimal compromise, the Core 500 can fit one ODD bay, three 3.5"drives and three 2.5" drives, allowing you to use every last square millimetre of this compact, 19.5 litre case.
• Very compact case with a volume of only 19.5 liters.
• Extremely good water cooling support for its size, supporting radiators up to 280mm long.
• Smart drive bay placement allows you to fit up to three 3.5"drives, three 2.5" and one 5.25" drive simultaneously.
• Supports Mini-ITX motherboards, ATX power supplies and graphics cards up to 310mm in length.
• Supports tall CPU cooler towers, up to 170mm in height.
• Featuring a Fractal Design Silent Series R3 140mm rear exhaust fan for great cooling.
• Big magnetic filters for the side and top air intake together with a PSU filter ensures a dust free interior.
Water cooling compatibility:
• Top – 280, 240, 140 and 120 mm radiators. (Thickness limitation of 100 mm for both radiator + fan) (240 and 280 mm radiators require removal of the ODD bay) (280mm radiator can be maximum 325mm in length).
• Rear – 120 mm radiator (not compatible with the rear 3.5" HDD position).
|Core Chassis Specifications|
|Case Edition||Core 500|
|Case Form Factor||Mini-ITX|
|Motherboard Form Factor||Mini-ITX|
|I/O, Bays & Expansion|
|Front/Side/Top Panel I/O||
|Standard Expansion Slots||2|
|Vertical Expansion Slots|
|Fans & Filters|
|Fan Bays||3 x 120/140mm|
|Fans Included||1 x 140mm|
|Liquid Cooling Support|
|Front Radiator Compatibility|
|Top Radiator Compatibility|
|Bottom Radiator Compatibility|
|Rear Radiator Compatibility|
|Side Radiator Compatibility|
|Max CPU Cooler Height||170 mm|
|Max GPU Card Length||310 mm|
|Cable Routing Space|
|LED Lighting Functionality|
|LED Lighting Emitters|
|LED Lighting Colour|
|LED Lighting Support & Control|
|Power Supply Compatibility|
|PSU Wattage (If Included)|
|PSU 80+ Rating (If Included)|
|PSU Mounting Location|
|Max PSU Length|
|Chassis Physical Specifications|
|Chassis Contruction Materials|
|Dimensions||250 x 203 x 367 (WxHxD mm)|
|Weight||4.4 kg (Approx)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 14 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- Scan Computers
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 6th Jul 2011
There's more choice than ever before, but which computer case is right for you and which features should you look out for?
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
The modern PC is potentially a mass of heat output and heat production hot spots. With CPUs rated at more than 100W of heat output, single graphics boards carrying similar ratings (and people want to run two!), multiple hard drives the norm, lots of memory and mainboards covered in heatpipes to combat toasty core logic and PWM circuits, a PC appreciably warming up a room when it’s working hard is no joke.