Corsair Carbide SPEC-ALPHA White/Red Gaming Case with Window
The SPEC-ALPHA isn’t just another case, it’s got a great internal design that eschews the legacy 5.25” drive cages completely for better cooling, but still has plenty of drive capacity, with room for up to three 3.5” drives and four 2.5” drives, as well as front panel USB 3.0 support. Features • Bold Exterior Design with LED fans: You'll never mistake it for anything else ¡V the asymmetrical, hard-edged design of the SPEC-ALPHA and its numerous color combinations give it a bold, unique look.
• Direct airflow path to keep your CPU and GPU running cooler: Modern systems don't need tons of drive cages shoved in the airflow path¡K that just makes things run hotter. The SPEC-ALPHA has a direct path from the front intake to the GPU and CPU for better cooling.
• Large side panel window to show off your hardware: Why hide it? All that performance hardware you built your rig with is AWESOME looking, so why not take a look at it through the huge side panel window?
• Three included 120mm fans and built-in three-speed fan controller: Two front LED fans and a rear fan provide excellent airflow, and the built-in fan controller lets you decide exactly how much cooling you need with the flick of a switch.
• Cable routing cutouts and tie downs: Nobody wants to see a rat's nest of cables, so the SPEC-ALPHA has cutouts and tie-downs behind the motherboard tray to keep your cable routing neat and tidy ¡V and out of the airflow path for better cooling.
• Easy to Build: Tool-free drive installation and side panel removal mean you can spend less time building your PC and more time gaming with it.
• Front 240mm radiator compatibility: Upgrade to the power of liquid cooling for your CPU or GPU with up to a 240mm hydro series cooler in front of the case.
• Native USB 3.0 and SSD support for modern builds: Believe it or not, lots of cases still don't support the fastest storage options on the market. The SPEC-ALPHA does. Whether it be a new external drive for storage or a new SSD for your OS or games, rest assured the SPEC-ALPHA is ready for anything you throw at it.
|Case Edition||Spec Alpha|
|Case Form Factor||Mid Tower|
|Motherboard Form Factor||
|Front/ Side/ Top Panel||
|Fan Bays||5 x 120mm|
|Fans Included||3 x 120mm|
|Front Radiator Compatibility|
|Top Radiator Compatibility||1 x 120/240mm|
|Bottom Radiator Compatibility|
|Rear Radiator Compatibility||1 x 120mm|
|Side Radiator Compatibility|
|Power Supply Form Factor|
|Max PSU Length||190 mm|
|Max CPU Cooler Height||156 mm|
|Max VGA Card Length||380 mm|
|Dimensions||220 x 474 x 518 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 24 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 24 months
- Corsair / SCAN
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 6th Jul 2011
There's more choice than ever before, but which computer case is right for you and which features should you look out for?
Date Issued: 20th Oct 2008
The modern PC is potentially a mass of heat output and heat production hot spots. With CPUs rated at more than 100W of heat output, single graphics boards carrying similar ratings (and people want to run two!), multiple hard drives the norm, lots of memory and mainboards covered in heatpipes to combat toasty core logic and PWM circuits, a PC appreciably warming up a room when it’s working hard is no joke.
Date Issued: 19th Jun 2008
Watercooling for the PC has been around for years in some form or another, for at least as long as Scan have been in business, with basic physics defining why you want to use it. That means for air cooling, to cope with increasing temperature in the heatsink you need to move the air across it faster. That is why thermostatically controlled fans in your PC will turn faster the hotter something gets.