Asus Intel X99 Deluxe 2 Extreme Quad Channel ATX Motherboard
Asus X99-DELUXE II, Intel X99, S 2011-3, DDR4, SATAe, U.2, M.2 (PCIe), 3-Way SLi/CrossFire, 2xGbE, acWiFi, USB3.1, ATX
Tune it to your will
Unleash the true performance of new Intel Core i7 processor family for socket LGA 2011-v3 in future
ASUS X99 Series motherboards are engineered from the ground up to get the most from new Intel® Core™ i7 processor family for socket LGA 2011-v3 and extract every ounce of performance from Intel's latest architecture. ASUS delivers the BEST of motherboards for gamers, enthusiasts, content creation professionals and passionate DIYers.
Drive CPU and DDR4 performance beyond all expectations: ASUS Pioneered OC Socket
Designed to break performance barriers, ASUS OC Socket utilizes extra pins to connect a proprietary circuit to contacts found on land grid array (LGA). Combined with our customized UEFI, this exclusive feature enables higher DDR4 memory frequencies, lower latencies and enhanced stability while overclocking, extending all the way to extreme overclocking conditions, such as liquid nitrogen (LN2). OC Socket is 100% compatible with all LGA 2011-v3 CPUs, ensuring the ideal combination of overclocking performance and compatibility.
Better Protection from Overcurrent
The extra 4-pin power plug shares current with the standard 8-pin power connector to balance loads and provide ample margin to overclock Intel's latest CPUs to the limit.
Unique Cache Bus Voltage Adjustment
The cache bus links areas such as CPU cores, DDR4 memory controllers, system agent and the shared L3 cache — so it’s a critical interconnect for the whole CPU subsystem. A higher cache-bus frequency directly accelerates subsystem performance, so ASUS OC Socket exclusively provides an adjustable cache-bus voltage to reach higher cache bus frequencies.
• Reference tuning ratio range is up to 30. ASUS OC Socket tuning ratio range is 45+!
• Cache bus links all the essential CPU areas together. Higher cache bus frequency boosts PC performance!
Make your memory go faster
Drive your memory frequencies to 3333MHz and beyond! ASUS-exclusive T-Topology circuit design plus OC Socket provides a superb memory-overclocking capability to unleash the full power of DDR4 by minimizing coupling noise and signal reflection. With innovative equidistant memory channels, it delivers the most balanced control and powerful overclocking compatibility. ASUS works with almost every DDR4 memory vendor to ensure the best compatibility.
One click overclock and cooling, done: 5-way Optimization
One click takes care of all that complex tuning. Your PC is smart with ASUS 5-Way Optimization. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time use — so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans and now even networking and audio settings that are tailored for the apps that you are using. In short, 5-Way Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment, productivity or just about anything else!
• Games run swiftly and smoothly with high performance, prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
• Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
• Energy waste is reduced so you'll save money.
CPU performance boost: TPU
Unleash your PC's full performance with a simple two-phase onboard switch or the ASUS AI Suite 3 utility! The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring for the CPU and the graphics card, enabling great freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance and to exploit the potential out of your graphics card*.
*Please see the graphics card QVL
All-round energy efficiency: EPU
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy real-time, system-wide power savings. EPU detects and adjusts power consumption according to the PC's needs — automatically. It can also reduce CPU wattage to a set level and deliver even more savings with Away Mode. This creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused extra I/O controllers and reduces the graphics cards' power level while you're away, so the PC consumes only the energy it needs — and not a drop more!
Advanced fan controls: Flexible cooling controls for air and liquid
The latest ASUS X99 motherboards feature the most advanced cooling capability to date, controllable from both Fan Xpert 4 and UEFI.
• Water Pump Header: Full control of PWM or DC water pumps, perfect for both custom and self-contained cooling setups.
• High-amp fan support: A dedicated fan header that can supply up to 3 Amps, for high-speed high-current fans.
• Multiple temperature sources: Each header can be set to monitor and react up to 3 multiple thermal sensors.
• 4-pin PWM/DC fan support with Auto Detection: Every onboard header supports auto detection of PWM or DC fans.
• Smart Protection: A dedicated integrated circuit that protects each fan header from both over-temperature and over-current.
• Fan Ext Header
• Comprehensive fan controls: Full control of fan speeds, hysteresis, and fan stop modes on every header, via Fan Expert 4 or the UEFI.
• Auto-Tuning Mode: Scans fan parameters and all fans with a single click.
• Extreme Quiet Mode: Reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet operation and power savings during light loads.
Precise Digital Power Control: DIGI+
Power control is one of the most essential motherboard designs. Intelligent CPU-power-draw detection with ASUS DIGI+ Power Control is an innovative, industry-leading technology that fully complies with Intel® IMVP8 specifications, increasing overclocking potential, enhancing system stability, and improving power efficiency with superior flexibility and accurate control.
Game faster, rank higher: Turbo App
Whether hardcore gamer or business professional, you'll feel the benefit of the ASUS-exclusive Turbo App every day. Its intuitive tuning panel boosts a range of hardware, overclocking your CPU, tuning your fans, prioritizing network data and optimizing audio settings — all with automated ease!
Extreme upgrade zone
Fan Extension Card: Powerful cooling with flexible installation & detailed control
Plug in up to three extra fans for a maximum of nine fans (including two CPU fans and seven case fans), each with independent control from either UEFI BIOS or AI Suite 3. Each fan can be up to 12W. It is ideal for water-cooled or extreme airflow under high-performance systems.
M.2 X4 Mini: Ultra-fast speed with PCIe slot flexibility
With a low-profile design that promotes the best-ever airflow to adjacent expansion cards, fit the PCI Express x4 add-in card to any slot that suits your PC build and pump M.2 performance up to a blistering 32Gbit/s — for unmatched performance. And upgrade without limitations, as any M.2 card between 30mm (2230) to full-length 110mm (22110) is supported.
3x3 (3T3R) 802.11ac Wi-Fi: Fastest onboard Wi-Fi up to 1300Mb/s
3x3 dual band 2.4/5GHz antennas included. 802.11ac* Wi-Fi up to 1300Mbps** transfer speed.
*Wi-Fi hotspot use up to 802.11 a/b/g/n. **Actual speed varies, and depends on networking conditions.
ThunderboltEX 3 Card: Experience blistering ThunderboltTM 3 speeds and any-way-up connectivity
ASUS ThunderboltEX 3 is an Intel-certified Thunderbolt™ 3 add-on card included with the X99-Deluxe II to enable breathtaking bi-directional speeds up to 40Gbps - four-times faster than other PC data-transfer cables with twice the video bandwidth for the latest 60 Hz 4K/UHD displays. Beyond sheer bandwidth, Thunderbolt 3 supports daisy-chaining up to six devices, utilizes a Type C reversible connector for compatibility with the latest USB 3.1 Type-C devices and supports the USB Power Delivery specification for fast, high-power charging of up to 36W.
*Not Included, Sold Separately.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS
The smoothest, slickest mouse-controlled graphical BIOS has been improved to make it even more appealing. Whether you're a PC novice or a seasoned overclocker, the EZ and Advanced Modes help you find your way, quickly and easily.
• EZ Flash 3: Update the latest BIOS via the internet, and from within the BIOS.
• S.M.A.R.T: Check up your storages devices' Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T) logs to gauge reliability, and even determine if they’re about to fail.
• EZ Tuning Wizard — OC and RAID: Select your hardware and apply different scenarios to tune system performance, or streamline your RAID configuration for faster data retrieval and backups!
• My Favorites: Quickly find tuning options and add preferred tools to the list.
• Intuitive Graphical Fan Control: Fine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
• EZ XMP: Improve your DRAM performance with a click.
• SATA Information: View SATA port details for easy device recognition.
• Fast Clock Adjustment: Use mouse controls to change the time and date.
• GPU POST: Recommendation for multi-VGA configuration and detailed .
• Secure Erase: Restore your SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
• Last Modified Log: Track last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
• SATA Port Renaming: Rename SATA ports for easy identification.
• Aura (LED Control): Customize your favorite RGB LED style direct from the BIOS.
Make it your own
Brighten up your build: AURA Lighting Control
A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura offers full RGB control with a variety of functional presets for both built-in RGB LEDs, as well as LED strips connected to the onboard 4-pin RGB headers, all of which can be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
• Music effect
• Flash & Dash
• Color Cycle
• CPU temperature
Patent-pending SafeSlot: Protect Your Graphics Card Investment
SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-molding process integrates the slot with the fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
With support for both NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ 2/3-WAY configurations, the X99 motherboard enables multi-GPU setups so you can harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies to drive games at 4K and beyond.
Flawless audio that makes you part of the game: Crystal Sound 3
• Separate layer for left and right tracks: Ensures both channels deliver consistent, equal quality.
• Audio shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference.
• Power pre-regulator: Reduces power-input noise to ensure consistent performance.
• Audio amplifier: Produces the highest-quality sound for headphone and speakers.
• De-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
• Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Provides warm, natural, and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity.
Intel Ethernet: More throughput, less CPU usage and great gaming experiences
X99-Deluxe II features the very latest Intel® Ethernet for faster, smoother gaming — always. Intel's LAN has the serious double advantage of reducing CPU overhead and offering exceptionally high TCP and UDP throughput. This significantly reduces the processor's workload, so there's more power for your game and your gameplay!
Turbo LAN: Network-optimization software for customizable packet prioritization
Turbo LAN with cFosSpeed traffic-shaping technology adds even more lag-reducing support and intuitive user interface. It allows you to lower lag with no expert knowledge — by up to 1.45X! If you're a tweaker, use Advanced Mode for hardcore controls.
• Real-time speed monitor.
• Grouping your own favorite list.
• Set priority to speed up for your application.
LANGuard: Pumped-up throughput. 2.5X higher surge tolerance.
ASUS LANGuard is hardware-level networking protection that employs signal-coupling technology and premium anti-EMI surface-mounted capacitors ensuring a more reliable connection and better throughput, plus electrostatically-guarded and surge-protected components for greater tolerance to static electricity and improved protection against surges.
Extend your keyboard to infinity and beyond: Key Express
Fancy a free keyboard upgrade? Just plug your existing keyboard into the dedicated USB socket to activate the exclusive microprocessor onboard. Use the easy-to-use utility to assign macros to function keys F1-F10 to launch any application with a single press, power on your PC or flash your BIOS in S5.
• Function keys: Assign to everyday functions, like switching between rear speaker and front headset, or securely remove USB drives.
• Macro keys: Program and store up to 15 sequential keystrokes.
• Shortcut: Assign any application or folder to launch.
• Shutdown: (S5) MODE.
• Power on: Instantly wake your PC.
• EZ XMP: Enable Extreme Memory Profile.
• BIOS Flashback: Update BIOS in a click.
Connect with Unparalleled Speed
Ultimate-speed 10Gbps with USB 3.1 onboard
With USB 3.1 Type-A ports , which is completely backward-compatible with your existing USB devices, and reversible USB 3.1 Type-C for the very fastest USB data transfers, you'll experience data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps — or twice as fast USB 3.0. And you'll be all set for USB 3.1's breakneck speeds. And ASUS-exclusive USB 3.1 Boost technology automatically accelerates USB 3.1 performance even further!
Join the NVMe revolution with built-in U.2 connector
Unlock the full potential of your storage with NVM Express (NVMe), the revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Just attach your drive to the built-in U.2 connector with plug-and-play ease to experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps — and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card!
Fast storage speed with SATA Express
Current SSDs devour up to 550MB/s bandwidth, which is close to saturation point for SATA 6Gbps connections. Backwardly compatible with up to two SATA drives, SATA Express is the next-generation connectivity standard — and ensures that you and your system won't get left behind.
Speed up with onboard M.2 up to 32Gbit/s
With x4 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbps data-transfer speeds. It is the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, making your whole PC or professional apps work as fast as possible.
Total control anytime, anywhere with Wi-Fi GO!
Wi-Fi GO! gives you complete control of your PC — even when you're away from home. Access your forgotten files at home, and work on your PC from almost anywhere. Plus, it takes just one click to manage all your public clouds or sync files across your PC and devices!
3x3 dual band 2.4/5GHz antennas included.802.11ac* Wi-Fi up to 1300Mb/s*transfer speed.
* Actual speed may vary, and Wi-Fi Hotspot use 802.11 a/b/g/n. Windows 10 does not currently support Wi-Fi hotspot functionality.
• Cloud GO!: Gather your ASUS WebStorage, Dropbox®, Google Drive™, and OneDrive® accounts in one place and even back up to PC at the same time.
• Remote Desktop: Easily access and control your PC, anytime and anywhere!
• File Transfer: Sync files between your PCs and smart devices with just a click!
• Remote Keyboard & Mouse: Control media playback from your sofa!
Your digital PC hub for sharing and home theater: Media Streamer
Enjoy your PC's multimedia content — anywhere! Pipe music from your PC or cloud storage, including ASUS WebStorage, Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive while sipping coffee in a café, or sit back with friends and stream a favorite movie to a smart TV. With ASUS Media Streamer, your entertainment goes wherever you go.
Watch your smart device content on the big screen: HyStream
With HyStream you’ll enjoy the ease and freedom of streaming HD content from your supported* Android or Apple iOS smartphone or tablet straight to your bigger screen!
* Contact your device vendor for support information.
All-in-one control between your PC and smart device: Mobo Connect
Work with your PC and smart device at the same time through a single keyboard-and-mouse set. A simple hot key lets you switch between your PC and smart device quickly. It even charges your mobile device at the same time.
You will love DIY!
We understand how you use your PC. From assembly, system setting and monitoring, and to firmware and hardware updates - we're all about making your life easier. That's why we never stop developing new and exciting DIY opportunities to make PC DIY easy, fun and free from hassle!
Intel® Core X-Series processors Installation Tool: Easy CPU installation, no more damaged pins
X99-Deluxe II has the ASUS-exclusive CPU-installation tool to prevent pin damage. Just pop the latest Intel® Core™ i7 X -series (LGA 2011-v3) processor into the tool, and then insert the package into the CPU socket. Close the latches and you’re good to go!
PC Cleaner: Work faster, start quicker and smoother
Your computer is running slow? PC Cleaner sweeps out unused and unwanted files and programs that take up space in your storage drives, eliminating the clog. It also accelerates PC start-up with a click!
Q-DIMM: Easy memory removal
Even if you work with a smaller case, just push down on the one-sided clip and push or pull RAM modules in or out — couldn't be simpler!
Q-Slot: Effortless PCI Express component removal
The large winged clip is easy to reach and easy to operate. Just press the Q-Slot clip lightly, and graphics card just pop out. Installing or removing even the biggest graphics cards is no sweat!
Q-Connector: Easy, quick, and accurate connections
You no longer need to worry about which front-panel wire goes where. Just pop the wires into Q-Connector's one-piece plug and you’re good to go.
Q-Shield: Easy and safe on fingers
Unlike other I/O shields, with their sharp edges, the exclusive Q-Shield is soft and pliable to protect your hands from cuts.
Q-LED: Easy PC diagnostics
Q-LED indicates problems with the CPU, memory, graphics card or boot device, so you can quickly diagnose and remedy any issues — and wave goodbye to endless frustrations!
Q-Code: Detailed PC status display and diagnostics
Instantly recognizes and displays the POST status for precise troubleshooting. Just check the code in the user guide to solve your problem.
Intel CPU and chipset features
Intel® Core™ i7 Processor LGA2011-v3 Ready
This motherboard supports Intel® Core™ i7 processors in the LGA2011-v3 package, with memory and PCI Express controllers integrated to support 4-channel (8 DIMM) DDR4 memory and 40/28 PCI Express 3.0/2.0 lanes.
Intel® X99 Chipset
The Intel® X99 Chipset is a single-chipset design that supports new Intel® Core™ i7 processor family for socket LGA 2011-v3 processors. It provides improved performance by utilizing serial point-to-point links, allowing increased bandwidth and stability. Additionally, X99 provides a maximum 6 USB 3.0 ports, 10 SATA 6Gbps ports and 32Gbps M.2 support for faster data retrieval. Features • ASUS Aura: Features controllable RGB onboard lighting and 4-pin strip header that can be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
• SafeSlot: Reinvented, strengthened PCIe slot utilizes a new insert-molding process to bind the slot to fortifying metal for superior retention and shearing resistance.
• 5-Way Optimization: Fan Xpert 4 – Elevates customized cooling to new heights, with the ability to detect PWM/DC fans on all headers, utilize high-amperage fans and control water-cooling pumps in software and UEFI.
• Next-gen connectivity: Supreme flexibility with onboard U.2 / M.2 slots that tap into 32Gbps of PCIe bandwidth, 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi, USB 3.1 Type-C and ThunderboltEX 3 add-on card.
|RAM Memory Support|
|Memory Channel||Quad (4)|
|Memory Type (ECC)||Non-ECC|
|Memory Type (R/U)||UDIMM (Unbuffered)|
|Memory Speed (Mhz)||
|Max. Memory Capacity||128GB (8x16GB)|
|Audio||Realtek ALC1150 7.1 HD Audio with Crystal Sound 3|
|Primary GPU Interface||PCIe 3.0 (x16)|
|SLI Support||3-Way SLi|
|Crossfire Support||3-Way CrossFire|
|On-Board Graphics Connectors||None|
|SATA Support||SATAe / SATA3|
|RAID Support via||SATA|
|Storage Mode Support||
|Network Interface Type||
|Rear I/O Connectors||
|Other Motherboard Specifications|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 36 months
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 29th Aug 2014
New processors usually grab all the release limelight, relegating the supporting core logic and memory to mere footnotes. This time, a brand-new chipset and DDR4 memory are equal partners in the platform.
Date Issued: 29th Aug 2014
Intel's X99 is a long-overdue platform upgrade for the high-end consumer market. Despite delivering an incremental CPU upgrade from Sandy Bridge-E to Ivy Bridge-E, Intel determined the supporting X79 motherboard needed no such upgrade.