AMD FX 9590 Black Edition 8 Core Processor Requires Heat Sink Fan
AMD FX 9590 Black Edition, Vishera, 8 Core, S AM3+, Clock 4.7GHz, Turbo 5GHz, 4MB x2 L2 Cache, 8MB L3 Cache, 220W, OEM
Please note this is an OEM processor and requires a Heatsink+Fan (Not Included, Sold Separately).
Enthusiasts get unbelievable PC performance with new AMD FX-9000 Series Processor.
The new 5 GHz FX-9590 features the "Piledriver" architecture, is unlocked for easy overclocking and pave the way for enthusiasts to enjoy higher CPU speeds and related performance gains. Additionally, these processors feature AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology to dynamically optimize performance across CPU cores and enable maximum computing for the most intensive workloads.
Still unlocked for your overclocking pleasure, and still the only 8-core desktop processor around. Unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with a new architecture. AMD FX Processors unlock maximum, unrestrained processing performance for extreme responsiveness you can see and feel. Experience unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with the industry's first 32nm 8-core desktop processor. Get the speed you crave with AMD Turbo CORE Technology to push your core frequencies to the limit when you need it most. Go beyond the limits of maximum speed. But the best part of all? You'll get all this impressive performance at an unbelievable price. You'll be asking yourself "what competition?" in no time.
• The industry's only 8-core desktop processor.
• Overclock with easy to use AMD Overdrive™ and AMD Catalyst Control Center™ software suites.
• Supreme power available from virtually every core.
• Aggressive performance for mega-tasking and intensive applications like video editing and 3D modelling.
• The industry's first and only native 8-core desktop processor for unmatched multitasking and pure core performance.
• New 32 nm die shrink designed to reduce leakage for improved efficiency, increased clock rate headroom and better thermals.
• Can deliver more cores and more performance without raising the power requirements.
Industry Leading Price Per Performance
• Unlocked processors allow the maximum tuneable performance.
• AMD Turbo CORE Technology dynamically adjusts performance to give you the best experience, no matter what you are doing.
• Get superior performance at a competitive price with unlocked technology.
**This CPU does not come with a Heat Sink/ Fan. We recommend a good CPU Cooler capable of handling the 220W TDP. Water Coolers
We also recommend a Motherboard with a 990FX Chipset.
**Please note, this CPU will only work correctly with a motherboard that can provide 8+2 phase power, Scan has tested this CPU with the the Asus Sabertooth and Crosshair V Formula motherboards. Features • MMX instructions
• SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
• AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
• ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation
• AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
• FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
• F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
• TBM / Trailing Bit Manipulation instructions
• XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
• EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection
|CPU Model||9590 Black Edition|
|Manufacturing Process||32 nm|
|No. of Threads|
|Clock Speed||4.7 GHz|
|Turbo Speed||5 GHz|
|Max. Memory Speed||DDR3 - 1866|
|Max. Memory Channels|
|ECC Memory Support||No|
|PCIe Lanes Supported|
|L1 Cache||4x 64 KB instruction caches, 8x 16 KB data caches|
|L2 Cache||4x 2MB|
|Heatsink||Not Included, Sold Separately|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan / AMD Europe
- 01276 932318
Date Issued: 14th Oct 2011
AMD has lifted the wraps off a new CPU architecture formerly known by the codename Bulldozer. Now released as the FX series, this TekSpek delves into the technology behind the new chip.