AMD FX 9590 Black Edition 8 Core Processor Requires Heat Sink Fan
AMD FX 9590 Black Edition, Vishera, 8 Core, S AM3+, Clock 4.7GHz, Turbo 5GHz, 4MB x2 L2 Cache, 8MB L3 Cache, 220W, OEM
Please note this is an OEM processor and requires a Heatsink+Fan (Not Included, Sold Separately).
Enthusiasts get unbelievable PC performance with new AMD FX-9000 Series Processor.
The new 5 GHz FX-9590 features the "Piledriver" architecture, is unlocked for easy overclocking and pave the way for enthusiasts to enjoy higher CPU speeds and related performance gains. Additionally, these processors feature AMD Turbo Core 3.0 technology to dynamically optimize performance across CPU cores and enable maximum computing for the most intensive workloads.
Still unlocked for your overclocking pleasure, and still the only 8-core desktop processor around. Unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with a new architecture. AMD FX Processors unlock maximum, unrestrained processing performance for extreme responsiveness you can see and feel. Experience unmatched multitasking and pure core performance with the industry's first 32nm 8-core desktop processor. Get the speed you crave with AMD Turbo CORE Technology to push your core frequencies to the limit when you need it most. Go beyond the limits of maximum speed. But the best part of all? You'll get all this impressive performance at an unbelievable price. You'll be asking yourself "what competition?" in no time.
• The industry's only 8-core desktop processor.
• Overclock with easy to use AMD Overdrive™ and AMD Catalyst Control Center™ software suites.
• Supreme power available from virtually every core.
• Aggressive performance for mega-tasking and intensive applications like video editing and 3D modelling.
• The industry's first and only native 8-core desktop processor for unmatched multitasking and pure core performance.
• New 32 nm die shrink designed to reduce leakage for improved efficiency, increased clock rate headroom and better thermals.
• Can deliver more cores and more performance without raising the power requirements.
Industry Leading Price Per Performance
• Unlocked processors allow the maximum tuneable performance.
• AMD Turbo CORE Technology dynamically adjusts performance to give you the best experience, no matter what you are doing.
• Get superior performance at a competitive price with unlocked technology.
**This CPU does not come with a Heat Sink/ Fan. We recommend a good CPU Cooler capable of handling the 220W TDP. Water Coolers
We also recommend a Motherboard with a 990FX Chipset.
**Please note, this CPU will only work correctly with a motherboard that can provide 8+2 phase power, Scan has tested this CPU with the the Asus Sabertooth and Crosshair V Formula motherboards. Features • MMX instructions
• SSE / Streaming SIMD Extensions
• AES / Advanced Encryption Standard instructions
• ABM / Advanced Bit Manipulation
• AVX / Advanced Vector Extensions
• FMA4 / 4-operand Fused Multiply-Add instructions
• F16C / 16-bit Floating-Point conversion instructions
• TBM / Trailing Bit Manipulation instructions
• XOP / eXtended Operations instructions
• EVP / Enhanced Virus Protection
|CPU Model||9590 Black Edition|
|Core Size||32 nm|
|Clock Speed||4.7 GHz|
|Turbo Speed||5 GHz|
|Unclocked Core Multiplier||Yes|
|Max. Memory Speed||DDR3 - 1866|
|L1 Cache (Total)||4x 64 KB instruction caches, 8x 16 KB data caches|
|L2 Cache (Total)||4x 2MB|
|L3 Cache (Total)||8MB|
|Heatsink||Not Included, Sold Separately|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 36 months
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- Scan / AMD Europe
- 01276 932318
Date Issued: 14th Oct 2011
AMD has lifted the wraps off a new CPU architecture formerly known by the codename Bulldozer. Now released as the FX series, this TekSpek delves into the technology behind the new chip.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
ive got a 750W PSU. 16 gb ram, new 8 core running at default 4.7 ghz. gfx card is 2gb amd hd6870 hd.
any ideas voltage perhaps too high too low??
average voltage is. 1.456 V
please help its driving me up the wall.
Due to this it would be best to check the motherboard manufacturers site to see if the processor is fully supported or if there is a bios update to help with the issues you are having.
I would only also recommend that you use a high end CPU cooler to help disperse the heat
I have a Corsair TX650w (Seasonic internals are current best) With the AMD FX9590 with Cool 'n' Quiet enabled. I am also running the EVGA GTX 780Ti ACX SC version. And this is rated for 250w by reference.
You must have the AMD 990FX chipset and latest BIOS (not beta)
Cooling must be average water cooled loop, the AIO (All In One) are OK, but custom is better.
I'm running the Corsair H100, and the H100i has been benched to be around 5c better.
I would set the alarm to 70c. The on-board temperature readings are never great. Mine gets to 60c tops and I understand this model is MUCH hotter than the FX8350 with the 125w thermal envelope.
Mine runs around 1.475v (could be maximum) and goes down as far as 0.89v
If you're concerned, set the multiplier to 20 and see what happens. This will max the processor to around 4GHz. Your cooling solution should keep this cool. If it doesn't you may need to part with some money for something a little better in cooling.
The All-in-One solutions have one drawback. The fluid WILL evaporate after 5 years, so will need to be replaced, or a way of fixing it so you can fill it up. There are mod sites which do this.
Custom loops need to be swapped with their fluids anyway.
If your PSU is made by:
Seasonic, then your PSU is fine.
If it's made by anything else such as Cooler Master, Thermaltake, I would look at replacing it as these are not as good as Seasonic based versions.