Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA 3 Internal Hard Drive/HDD ST2000DM001
There are 6 people viewing this productDelivery options £5.48 By DPD On 21st Feb 2017 DPD Delivered to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window. £4.79 Collect from local shops UPS and DPD Pickup Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores. Free Collect Instore Q-Collect Place your order online and collect from our Bolton store with Q-Collect. Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout ScanProtect protection ScanProtect Protect against installation damage for 28 days.More
The Power of One
• Seagate brings over 30 years of trusted performance and reliability to the new Seagate® Desktop HDDs—now available in capacities up to 4TB.
• Double your capacity and drive down costs with up to 1TB-per-disk hard drive technology.
• SATA 6Gb/s interface optimizes burst performance
• Seagate AcuTrac™ servo technology delivers dependable performance,even with hard drive track widths of only 75 nanometers.
• Seagate OptiCache™ technology boosts overall performance by as much as 45%.
• Free Seagate DiskWizard™ software allows you to install 3TB and 4TB hard drives in Windows, including XP, without UEFI BIOS.
• Desktop or all-in-one PCs
• Home servers
• PC-based gaming systems
• Desktop RAID
• Direct-attached external storage devices (DAS)
• Network-attached storage devices (NAS)
Green where it counts
This Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda hard drives now have advanced power modes to save more energy while idling – without sacrificing performance. Seagate Barracuda 2TB hard drives are produced using the most sophisticated manufacturing process in the industry, with a focus on environmental stewardship.
• All drives comply with the RoHS directive on hazardous materials and voluntarily restrict halogen compounds.
• Seventy per cent or more of the materials used to build Barracuda drives are recyclable.
• Low power consumption
Innovation Goes Beyond Drive Technology Alone
Seagate understands that industry changes and limitations can be frustrating. That is why Seagate has worked hard to deliver solutions to these challenges. Seagate SmartAlign technology offers you an easy, transparent way to make the inevitable transition to Advanced Format 4K sector drives — no extra time, no utilities, no hassle
• Model Number ST2000DM001
• Interface SATA 6Gb/s maximises data transfer rates
• Cache 64MB
• Capacity 2TB
• Spin Speed 7200 RPM
• Average Data Rate, Read/Write (MB/s) 156
• Seagate OptiCache technology improves performance by up to 45%
• Seagate AcuTrac technology enables reliable read/write performance even in high touch operating environments
• Seagate SmartAlign technology for no-hassle transition to Advanced Format 4K sector technology Features Barracuda® hard drives give you what you want.
Count on Barracuda® drives to deliver the storage innovations that drive your costs down and your performance up.
• 7200 RPM performance
• OptiCache™ technology further exploits big 64MB cache sizes and improved micro processor capabilities
• SATA 6Gb/s technology to further maximize performance.
|SSHD Flash Memory Size||N/A|
|SSHD Flash Memory Type||N/A|
|Access Time||8 ms|
|Interface||SATA III - 6Gb/s|
|Max. Operating Shock|
|Dimensions||101.6 x 26.1 x 146.99 (WxHxD mm)|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0871 472 4747
Date Issued: 2nd Jul 2008
Serial ATA, or SATA, is a relatively new storage technology that is now being adopted in computers. It is the successor to Parallel ATA. SATA allows for faster transfers between the hard disk and the system, uses thinner cables and is easier to physically install
Date Issued: 14th Jun 2008
In this guide we will be examining a popular method used for increasing the performance and reliability of your hard drives and data storage
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Generally you connect the smaller SATA cable to the hard drive and the power supply needs to connect into the other ATA slot with my experience of installing this.
LN35962 - 45cm Scan RB-481 SATA 3 Cable
To purchase with this hard drive.
can some one tell me what are these drives like are they any good what's the reliability like, and how do they compare to a wd black. its manly for gaming, any advice would be welcome thankyou
My experience of this drive has been good. It probably also helps to have a good quality power supply, which helps to protect your components from any surges in power etc - I use a corsair HX 850 Watt , which I bought from Scan. It comes with a 7 year manufacturer warranty which is a good indication of the quality. Hope that helps.
As for their performance, they are supposed to be right up there with the WDs and quieter. Howver, i have a feeling failure rate is a lot higher and build quality may not be as good. Running 3 WD blacks in different machines for 3 years getting constant use and no problems or errors reported at all. If I hadnt made the mistake of getting this I would have stuck with the WD Black.
SATA III specifications provide backward compatibility to function on SATA I and SATA II ports. However, the maximum speed of the drive will be slower due to the lower speed limitations of the port.
SATA 2 has max speeds of 300MB/s - still faster than the drive.
SATA 3 has speeds of 600MB/s.
The problem you have is where SATA 3's are backward compatible if your machine is only a 1 or 2 SATA then you'll only be reading at the 3Mb/s speed but it does mean they should last longer in theory.
Is this hard drive compatible with the Playstation 4 and is it faster that the stock hard drive in the PS4?
I'm looking for a good upgrade from the standard PS4 500gb hard drive and wondered if this was the best choice?
So that would make it the 2x1TB platter version :-)