HighPoint RocketRAID RR3740A PCIe 16 Port SAS/SATA 12GB/s Host Adaptor Card
16 Port HighPoint RR3740 SAS/SATA 12GB/s RAID 0/1/5/6, 1/0, 5/0 12GB/s SAS SATA, PCIe 3.0, 16x
By DPD On 24th Jul 2019
to your specified address. |
Receive SMS with one-hour delivery window
Weekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Have your parcel delivered by DPD to your specified address. Receive SMS with one-hour delivery windowWeekend, timed and European delivery options are available at checkout
Collect from our Bolton store, BL6 6PE |
Order online, collect from our Bolton store (25-28 Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE)
UPS and DPD Pickup Pickup from local convenience store |
Collect your parcel from your newsagents, petrol stations and convenience stores
Protect against installation damage for 28 days.
ScanProtect is an enhanced warranty specifically designed and offered by Scan to reduce the risk of any mishap or damage to components during installation.
Our aim with ScanProtect is to encourage our customers to upgrade or build their own PC confidently. For a small additional fee our customers are provided with complete peace of mind.
RocketRAID 3700 series host bus adapters are the world’s most price competitive 12G SAS/SATA RAID controllers, and deliver unprecedented end-to-end Generation 3.0 PCI Express transfer performance with Professional class RAID Storage reliability and management capabilities.
RocketRAID 3740A: Professional Class SAS 12Gb/s RAID Solutions
- RocketRAID 3700 series host bus adapters capitalize on HighPoint’s two decades of RAID and storage technology to deliver professional grade RAID storage at a fraction of the cost of conventional host RAID solutions. Each adapter is powered by our industry proven RAID technology, superior Gen 3.0 PCIe express transfer bandwidth, and up to sixteen dedicated 12Gb/s SAS channels, which support robust, high-performance RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and JBOD configurations of SAS or SATA hard drives of any disk format, including 512, 512e and 4Kn.
- RocketRAID 3700 series host bus adapters are designed to maximize the uptime and accessibility of RAID storage. RocketRAID storage and RAID recovery solutions enhance data retrieval from failed disks and streamline rebuild sessions.
- The universal RocketRAID WebGUI interface provides a wide range of preemptive monitoring and maintenance features that enable administrators to easily schedule verification sessions to ensure the health of each RAID storage configuration.
Hybrid Storage Solution (HSS): SAS/SATA RAID Arrays + SAS LTO Tape Drives & Libraries
Today’s storage applications need solutions that are versatile enough to support more than one type of storage application. RocketRAID 3700 adapters do not restrict media selection to hard disk drives; this “Hybrid” approach to storage connectivity accommodates both 12G and 6G SAS hard disks and SSD’s, 6G SATA drives, and SAS LTO 5/6/7 Tape device and Library configurations across a variety of platforms.
Seamlessly Upgrade RAID Storage
- RocketRAID 3700 adapters deliver an unprecedented level of flexibility when it comes to storage configurations. Customers are free to expand or convert RAID storage configurations as needed to keep on top of the evolving demands of the storage application, without sacrificing existing data. Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) allows administrators to add new drives to existing arrays in order to expand available capacity. Online RAID Level Migration (ORLM) allows administrators to convert one RAID level to another in order to tune storage configurations for maximum performance or data security.
- Arrays created with RocketRAID 3700 series adapters are future-proof; Online RAID Roaming allows customers to move existing RAID arrays to other 3700 series RAID controllers, in addition to all future HighPoint RAID products.
Customized Solution Services for SMB Customers
HighPoint offers a range of Customized Solution services for SMB Customers. We can tailor RocketRAID 3700 host bus adapters to meet the requirements of client defined storage applications across Linux, Windows, Mac and FreeBSD platforms, and are ready to assist Solution Providers with unique product branding. A full API library is available for integration projects and we offer a variety of Enclosure Management services including SGPIO, SES-2 and I2C.
HighPoint’s multi-HBA (host bus adapter) Non-RAID solution software packages are available for all major operating system platforms including Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, and Mac OS X. The RocketRAID 3700 device driver enables up to four independent cards to work in unison, and effectively function as a single 64-channel 12G SAS host controller. This innovative approach to direct-attached mass storage connectivity allows customers to simplify the build process, streamline maintenance procedures, and provides dedicated SAS 12Gb/s point-to-point bandwidth for each connected device. The robust, versatile, device driver allows administrators to keep tabs on the operational status of each card and individual storage device via the RocketRAID 3700's intuitive web-based management interface.
Features Bus Interface 8-lane, 8 GT/s PCI Express 3.0 Compliant
Number of Channel / Port 16x 12Gb/s SAS / 6Gb/s SATA Channels
Data Transfer Rates Up to 12Gb/s per port
Port Type Four SFF-8643 mini-SAS HD
Storage Device Support 16x SAS/SATA Hard Drive/SSD
Note: Desktop HDD's are not supported. Please click Here for the full HDD Compatibility List.
Form Factor Low Profile
RAID Level Support 0, 1, 5, 6, 1/0, 5/0 and JBOD / Non-RAID Mode
Note: RAID 6 not supported on macOS
Operating System Support Window Server 2008 and Window 7 and later
Linux FreeBSD Mac
Flash ROM for Upgradeable BIOS
Storage Health Inspector Yes
Redundant RAID Configurations Yes
BIOS PnP (plug and play) and BBS (BIOS boot specification) support Yes
Bootable RAID Array Yes
EFI for Mac Platform Yes
Multiple RAID Partitions supported Yes
Pass-through support for SAS Tape and Tape Devices Yes
Storage Configurations Direct Attached
Multiple RAID Adapters supported Support up to 4 RAID controllers per system
Online Array Roaming Yes
Online RAID Level Migration (ORLM) Yes
Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) Yes
RAID Quick Initialization for fast array setup Yes
Drive hot-plug support Yes
Global Hot Spare Disk support Yes
Automatic and configurable RAID Rebuilding Priority Yes
Auto resume incomplete rebuilding after power on or reboot system Yes
Disk Format compatible:
512, 512e, 4Kn Yes
Larger than 2 TB Drive and RAID Array support Yes
Spin down Massive Arrays of Idle Disks support Yes
Native Command Queuing Yes
SAS TCQ Yes
Disk media scan and repair Yes
Device Error Recovery support Yes
Automatic remap and fix drive bad block for RAID array Redundant RAID Levels (RAID 1, 5, 6, 10, 50)
Staggered Drive Spin Up Yes
Write Back and Write Through Yes
RAID Management Suites:
• BIOS/Firmware configuration tool
• Browser-Based management tool
• CLI (Command Line Interface- scriptable configuration tool)
• API package
Enclosure Management Interface: SGPIO, SES-2 and I2C
(Drive LEDs supported: SGPIO, SES-2 and LED Header) Yes
SMTP Email Alert Notification Yes
Alarm Buzzer Yes
|Ports Internal||16 Int Ports|
|Ports External||Ext Ports|
|Connectors||16 x SAS 3 (12Gbps) / SATA 3 (6Gbps)|
|Low Profile Compatible||Yes|
Please note your statutory rights are not affected.
For further information regarding Scan's warranty procedure please see our terms and conditions
- 12 months
- Return to base
- DOA Period:
- 28 days
- RTB Period:
- 12 months
- 0871 472 4747