In its simplist explanation a compressor makes the quiet parts of the signal louder and the louder parts quieter delivering a more consistant loudness. Can have the most subtle of effect through to the very obvious "snap". A compressor can also increase sustain and provide extra gain to push the front of your amp.
Distortion / Fuzz / Overdrive Pedals
From mild soft clipping overdrives, to germanium based fuzz circuits, to all out hard clipping high gain, these pedals give you the drive to suit your taste.
- Valeton Hell Flame Guitar Pedal, Extreme Distortion, True Bypass, Stompbox, Coral SeriesWas: £39.00£33.00£5.48 1-5 DAY DELIVERY
- Valeton La' Charger Guitar Pedal, Modern Crunch, Distortion, True Bypass, Stompbox, Coral Series£34.80£5.48 1-5 DAY DELIVERYPre order
- Valeton Loft Series Analog Overdrive OD-10 Guitar Pedal - Based On The Boss OD-1 Over Drive Pedal
Guitar Load Boxes & Cab Simulators
Load Box (also known as Dummy Load) units can enable you to record the output of an amplifier without having to drive a cab to full volume, enabling you to drive amps hard to capture the driven tone and the sag effect of valve amps, whilst choosing to make little or no noise in the process. Some devices have DI outputs, whilst others also have a built in cabinet and mic simulator, which lets you sculpt your perfect tone without having to worry about noise complaints, acoustics or having an extensive mic locker.
Guitar Pedal Switchers
Pedal switchers allow multiple stomp boxes to be brought in and out of the signal chain with the push of a single footswitch. They can have multiple channels and allow individual loops to be configured to combine different effects together without having to switch the stomp boxes on/off individually giving the player easier control over their sound. Some switchers also offer advanced routing features, MIDI control as well as the ability to assign pre-sets.
Multi Effect Pedals
Multi effects units combine all the common effects and some uncommon ones into one box usually with a range of switches allowing you for example to create different patches allowing you to go from a clean sound with chorus straight into a high gain lead patch with delay with the press of a button. Infinite sounds in a compact package, the swiss army knife of guitar effects.
- Valeton Dapper Mini Effect Strip, Tuner, Drive, Chorus, Delay, Phones (With Cab Sim)£69.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Valeton Acoustic Mini Effects Strip, Tuner, Comp, Preamp, Reverb, Phones (With Cab Sim)£79.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
- Valeton Dapper VES-1 Effects Strip - Tuner, Overdrive, Distortion, Delay, Cab Sim and FX Loop
- Valeton Dapper Dark High Gain Effect Strip, Tuner, Boost, Hi-gain, Chorus, Delay, FX Loop, Cab Sim£109.00FREE DELIVERY ON YOUR ENTIRE BASKET
Reverb & Delay Effects Pedals
Reverb pedals modify the signal in such a way that you can replicate playing in different sonic spaces. Delay pedals allow you to repeat your sound at pre-determined intervals after you've played it. Both effects whether used independently or together can add warmth and depth to your tone. Reverb and delay pedals are collectively known as time-based effects and are typically positioned at the end of your signal chain.
The humble tuner pedal is the quickest and easiest way of tuning your instrument. The most basic function allows standard tuning of your guitar but many offer alternative tunings and are stable across the entire frequency range allowing you to drop tune guitar or bass. Polytuners allow tuning of all strings simultaneously and are ideal for tuning on the fly.
- Valeton Coral Tuner Guitar Pedal, True Bypass, Stompbox, Coral Series£25.00£5.48 1-5 DAY DELIVERY