SmallHD was started by a group of young filmmakers that recognized a need in the industry for a High Definition on-camera monitor solution. After winning several Doritos Superbowl commercial contests, the small group of friends from Cary, North Carolina, built the world's smallest true HD field monitor; SmallHD was born. SmallHD seeks to continue down the path of innovation, leading the on-camera monitor industry by bringing filmmakers affordable and professional field monitors. Known for outstanding customer support, SmallHD is driven by the needs and requests from their customers and filmmakers alike.
Field Monitoring Accessories
Accessories and spare parts for popular Field Recorder-Monitors from Atomos, Blackmagic, AJA and SmallHD.
- 5" SmallHD Neoprene Sleeve for 500 Series, 3mm Thickness, Black£14.40£5.48 1-3 DAY DELIVERY
- SmallHD Hot Shoe Ball Mount, Hot Shoe Ball Mount ideal for SmallHD 502 and others£19.99£5.48 1-3 DAY DELIVERY
- SmallHD 500 Series Acrylic Screen Protector, for use with 501/502 Field Monitors£27.98£5.48 1-3 DAY DELIVERY
- SmallHD 700 Series Acrylic Screen Protector, For use with 702 monitors, Hard acrylic screen protection£28.99£5.48 1-3 DAY DELIVERY
- SmallHD RapidRail Moun, Quick Release Hot Shoe Rail Mount for HDR Monitors£54.49£5.48 1-3 DAY DELIVERY
- SmallHD 500 Series Pan Tilt Mount, Pan/Tilt Friction Mount, for 500 Series Monitors
- SmallHD 500 Series Sun Hood, No tools or tape required, 4-sided glare protection, Small footprint when stored
- SmallHD Cine 7 1800 NIT Brightness Field Monitor (Gold Mount)
- SmallHD Cine 7 1800 NIT Brightness Field Monitor (V-Mount)
- SmallHD Cine 7 500 RX Professional Monitor/ Teradek Reciever with 1800 nits and DCI-P3 Colour - Gold MountRRP: £2,640.49£2,154.00
- SmallHD Cine 7 500 RX Professional Monitor/ Teradek Reciever with 1800 nits and DCI-P3 Colour - V MountRRP: £2,640.49£2,154.00
When out on a shoot, it's not always easy to view the camera's built in LCD monitor on the back. It's either not bright enough or too small for a group of people to see, plus, usuallly has very basic features to help you actually monitor your current situation for lighting etc.
Atomos' range of field monitors can also double as recorders in some models, like the Ninja V, which allows you to bypass recording limits on DSLR and DSLM cameras for indefinite recording length and sometimes, a bump up in colour.
SmallHD is now part of the Teradek family, as such, a few of the models of monitors now come with Teradek Bolt functionality for wireless transmission, so you don't have to remain static when monitoring or even operating the camera itself.
- Small HD FOCUS SDI 5.5 inch Camera Monitor with Tilt Arm£600.49
- Small HD FOCUS BOLT TX 5.5 inch Camera Monitor with Tilt Arm and Teradek TransmitterRRP: £1,440.00£1,074.00
- Small HD FOCUS BOLT RX 5.5 inch Camera Monitor with Tilt Arm and Teradek ReceiverRRP: £1,440.00£1,290.00
- SmallHD 702 Touch 1500 NIT On-camera Field Monitor£1,320.49
- 7.7" SmallHD 702-OLED Monitor with Wide Colour Gamut£1,560.00
- SmallHD 13-inch wireless production monitor/receiver 1303 HDR Bolt Sidekick, works with TeradekRRP: £5,340.49£4,794.00
This selection of monitors provide perfect GUI needs, as well as being solid monitors in themselves. High brightness, solid colours and all around great monitors to add to your workflow.
Camera reference targets, device calibration and professional displays are some of the tools we use in a colour-critical pipeline to maintain both the technical and artistic intentions of the imaging professional. The human eye is a remarkable organ, adapting to brightness and white balance colour shifts almost instantly. Unfortunately this ability can mask colour casts on displays. Relying on hardware calibration to known industry standards is the only way to maintain accurate colour rendering across digital devices. A properly calibrated monitor is an easy first step to achieving managed colour workflow. The effect of colour is both profound and subtle; viewing your shots in the correct colour space (source and target gamut) allows you to make decisions with confidence, and ensure your story gets told the way you intended. Contact Scan Pro Video for advice about colour managed workflow solutions.