Areca's products provide storage products for virtually all areas of the storage market including DAS, NAS, and SAN. All PCI, SCSI, and Fibre Disk Array Controllers support RAID levels 0, 1, 3, 5, 6, 10 or JBOD. Areca has completely committed its entire research and development effort to disk array technologies that yield fastest performance, best reliability, and lower cost points than competitive disk array solutions.
5+ Drive Bay Desktop Network Attached Storage Systems
These NAS units are the largest around, offering five HDD bays at a minimum and ten or more in many cases. They are typically geared towards advanced users who need plenty of storage space, and many are supplied in rackmount cases for use in industry and large-scale businesses. These units are not sold with hard disks so you'll need to add your own – it's best to get matching models and capacities, especially if you plan on using RAID.
If need more info to help you choose the right NAS, or you can't see the exact specification you'd like custom built NAS please click here.
Accessories & Cables
- Areca ARC-1883-CAP FBM with Super Cap ( support cache 2GB )£239.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- Areca ARC-1883-BAT FBM, NAND Flash, Upto 8GB Cache, PCIe x1, Lithium-ion Battery, Upto 72 Hour Battery Life£252.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
Direct Attached Storage / Enclosures (Unpopulated)
Direct Attached Storage or DAS is an external storage device that is connected directly to a server or workstation without a network device in between (ie there is no hub, switch or router required) using USB, Firewire or eSATA for example. This direct connection ensures fast access to data. A DAS will work as though the hard drives are internally connected, meaning drives can be partitioned, formatted and set up like any other internal hard drive or raid array. These DAS devices are available for standalone desk or rack mounting.
Direct Attached Storage / Enclosures ThunderBolt
Direct-attached storage or (DAS) is storage which is directly attached to the device accessing data from it, Opposed to storage accessed over a computer network or shared Network of devices. These are common types of storage products which are external boxes/enclosures which house inside hard drives, solid-state drives (SSD), optical disc drives, the storage range from a simple Single HDD/SSD to devices which hold multiple storage devices.
HBA (Host Bus Adapters)
A Host Bus Adapter (HBA) is an expansion card that plugs into a PCIe slot on the motherboard and provides fast, reliable non-RAID communication between the host system and the storage devices.
- Areca ARC-8026-12 SAS Expander Module, 3x 6Gb/s SAS / 4 x SFF-8088 ports£310.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
A RAID controller card is similar to an HBA, but can also add redundancy (RAID) for your data, help optimise performance, reduce latency, or even make smart decisions on whether to store data on an HDD or an SSD cache, depending on user needs.
- 2-Port Areca ARC-1203-2i, 2-Port Internal, SATA III, PCIe 2.0 x1, 512MB DDR3 Cache, LP Bracket£198.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 4-Port Areca ARC-1203-4i, 4-Port Internal, SATA III, PCIe 2.0 x1, 512MB DDR3 Cache, LP Bracket£308.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 4-Port Areca ARC-1215-4i, 4-Port Internal, 6Gb/s SAS/SATA, PCIe 3.0 x8, 1GB DDR3 Cache, LP Bracket£384.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 8-Port Areca ARC-1203-8i, 8-Port Internal, SATA III, PCIe 2.0 x1, 512MB DDR3 Cache, LP Bracket£402.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 8-Port Areca ARC-1225-8i, 8-Port Internal, 6Gb/s SAS/SATA, PCIe 3.0 x8, 1GB DDR3 Cache, LP Bracket£511.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 8 Port Areca 12Gbps Internal SFF-8643 SAS Dual Core RAID-on-Chip 1.2GHz Controller PCIe 3.0 Adapter£516.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 8 Port Areca ARC-1883i PCIe 12Gb/s SAS RAID Internal Card£622.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 8 Port Areca ARC-1883x PCIe 12G SAS RAID Card, External, Upto 256 12Gb/s SAS, Low Profile, 1.2GHz Dual Core ROC£839.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 12 Port Areca ARC-1883ix-24 PCIe 3.0 12Gb/s SAS/SATA RAID Controller£1,247.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY