Discover the Power of AI
The NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute. Delivered by Scan.
Scan is pleased to announce that on top of our NVIDIA Elite Solution provide status, we now have certified instructors to host NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute workshops. This means all of our learnings and expertise gained using the NVIDIA DGX systems alongside the other elements of our AI ecosystem, places us in a great position to educate and train developers on how to apply deep learning. Furthermore, we've teamed up with Manchester Science Partnerships to deliver these teachings in a cutting edge environment in the heart of Manchester making the workshops available and easily accessible to all.
NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute
The NVIDIA Deep Learning Institute (DLI) offers hands-on training for developers, data scientists, and researchers looking to solve challenging problems with deep learning and accelerated computing. Through self-paced labs and, partnering with Scan to deliver instructor-led workshops, DLI teaches the latest techniques for designing, training, and deploying neural networks across a variety of application domains. DLI also teaches you how to optimize your code for performance using NVIDIA CUDA and OpenACC.
DLI provides unique hands-on training using the latest AI frameworks, SDKs, and GPU-accelerated technologies. Students get exposure to industry experts, along with the training and insight to help solve some of the world’s most challenging problems with deep learning and accelerated computing.
- Experts in collecting and trying to make sense of data
- Likely experienced in non-ML methods of creating models like statistical analysis
- Would spend most of their time tuning a deep neural network to make accurate predictions
- Would work with data engineers to collect and augment the data, as well as general support developers to work with a framework
- Data Engineers – help data scientists apply their expertise to deep learning. Focuses on collecting and preparing data for training.
- General Support Developers – support the iterative nature of creating a trained neural network. Write code (typically Python) to help create the models that the data scientist tries to generate.
- Application Engineers – take a trained neural network and implement it into a production environment. Don’t necessarily have to understand how the network works, just need to know what the inputs and outputs are. Typically work on optimizing inference within the final product. Can also capture and provide new data samples back to the beginning of the pipeline by working with the system architect, data engineer, and data scientist.
- Help design and implement the end-to-end pipeline.
- Work closely with personas above to assist in transferring data and models through the training and inference systems.
- Set up and maintain the training platform and install framework.
Manchester Science Partnership
Manchester Science Partnerships (MSP) is the UK’s leading provider of specialist environments and growth support to science and technology companies on their journey to business success. With campus facilities across Manchester and Cheshire, they offer incubation, laboratory, office and meeting space for businesses at all the different stages of their lifecycle – from start-up to global corporate. The Scan DLI courses will be delivered on the main campus in the new Bright Building – a state-of-the-art workspace and 'the heart of the Park'. Complete with cafe, studio gym and large communal space perfect for events and conferences, it is a place where course attendees can connect, collaborate and share ideas around deep learning and AI.
Click to view an interactive 360 view of Manchester Sciene Park
Deep Learning Courses
Throughout 2019 we will be scheduling our initial course offering and this will rapidly expand into a comprehensive course schedule including:
Fundamentals of Deep Learning
Deep Learning for Computer Vision
Deep Learning for Multiple Data Types
Deep Learning for Autonomous Vehicles - Perception
Game Development & Digital Content
Deep Learning for Digital Content Creation using GANs and Autoencoders
Deep Learning for Healthcare Image Analysis / Genomics
Deep Learning for Finance Trading Strategy
Fundamentals of Accelerated Computing with CUDA C/C++
View our Upcoming Courses
DLI in the Workplace
Scan Computers are now offering to run instructor-led workshops in your place of work. Now you can solve challenge problems with deep learning without leaving the office.Find out more
Scan Instructor-Led Workshops
Get hands on training solving challenging problems with deep learning and accelerated computing via Scans self-paced labs.View Courses
NVIDIA Online Training
Start self-paced courses and electives anywhere, anytime with access to a fully configured GPU-accelerated workstation in the cloud.Find out more
Guided Proof-of Concept
We want you to be sure that DGX is right for you, so provide the ability to try your own data on one of our deep learning servers as Proof of Concept. Hosted in a secure datacentre, we will provide you with remote access to a DGX solution so you can evaluate and benchmark it.Find out more