Rated 4.6 out of 5 by 8
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dunckx Rock solid and spacious
Mini it isn't, but there's plenty of space around the board to route cables. Heavyweight construction deadens sound well.
08 April 2014
Rated 3 out of 5 by c0ntax It's not micro, or mini
It's my own fault really for not reading the dimensions of the case, but with a name like "Fractal Design Define Mini micro-ATX Mini Tower" you'd be forgiven for thinking that it was small. It isn't. It's huge. And heavy.
Looks great, and I'm sure that it would have been a good case if I hadn't wanted something a little less massive, but I did, so I had to send it back. Scan were very good about it!
07 February 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by DannyBray107 Nice little case
This was my Dad's built so he didn't want a whopping ATX tower, it fits nicely under his desk. The built was easy as there was more than enough room to manoeuvre, plenty of cable tie downs too. The front door is an excellent design, not flimsy at all, it does however come off with little force, which can either be a good of bad thing. There are brilliant cooling facilities, with a lot of fan filters, despite the opportunity for a lot of fans, the silencing panels mean the case is barely audible even at full load. I would recommend this case to anyone, especially over the Arc Midi, as the front filter tends to dust up very badly, also the Midi's front IO isn't well fixed at all, all USB ports come out when removing USB drives. The Mini however is an excellent purchase.
29 November 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ben Essentially silent
USB 3.0 on the front
Great build quality
Don't have a bad word to say about it, other than it's quite big!
18 May 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Keir - Very solid build quality, nothing cheap and tacky here.
- Massive array of mounting options for drives, I loved the ability to mount SSD's to the motherboard tray
- Ability to remove the upper drive tray to improve airflow
- Great cable management (well grommeted routing options)
- Included fans were nice and quiet. Fan controller included.
- Extremely quiet with great aesthetics
- A lot of effort has been put into sound dampening. I really appreciate things like anti-vibration screws and spacers provided by default. Fractal also ship plenty of screws to accommodate the potential mounting options
- Fan filters provided by as standard. Easy to remove and clean.
- Fan controller broke unexpectedly after a few weeks. After contacting Fractal they happily sent a replacement free of charge.
- Not the greatest airflow with the default fan configuration, although I have remedied this by adding more fans and removing some of the sound-dampening material
- I don't particularly like the mounting tray for the front intake fans, as they only accommodate certain form factors, and have a simple clip system that picks up fan vibration. Not a major problem, but I felt that they could have implemented this a lot better than they did.
23 April 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by James Quiet, easy to build in, doesn't look too fussy, good cooling performance.
Build quality on the hard drive caddies on a few of these cases I've used but that's nitpicking really.
19 March 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by John Nice design/ looks good, build quality, cooling, cable management and it's very quiet
01 March 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Paul Lots of space inside and removable hard drive section.
very good case the best I have had so far.
Other than I am thinking of buying the side panel with the window for this, None.
14 February 2013