These 3.5" hard drives are available in 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB sizes. They utilise the newer SATA III 6Gb/s interface, ensuring as high speeds as possible with their mechanical technology, especially when using them in RAID. They're the most popular drives for today's desktop PCs, thanks to high spindle speeds, lots of cache and huge capacities.
- 2TB Seagate ST2000DM006 BarraCuda, 3.5" SATAIII - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 64MB Cache, OEM, RECERTIFIED£50.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 2TB Seagate ST2000DM009 BarraCuda Pro, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 128MB Cache, 8.5ms, OEM£114.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 4TB Seagate ST4000DM006 BarraCuda Pro, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 128MB Cache, 8.5ms, OEM£167.48£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These 3.5" hard drives are available in 5TB, 6TB, 8TB, 10TB and 12TB sizes. They utilise the newer SATA III 6Gb/s interface, ensuring as high speeds as possible with their mechanical technology, especially when using them in RAID. They're the most popular drives for today's desktop PCs, thanks to high spindle speeds, lots of cache and huge capacities.
2.5" drives are significantly smaller than standard 3.5" ones, making them great candidates for upgrading the storage of your laptop or games console, especially as they're available in capacities of 500GB, 750GB and 1TB. Remember to check the height of the drives, as most portable or console systems only have bays which support 9.5mm drives or less. Also pay attention to the spin speed in rpm; while most drives here use the latest SATA III 6Gbps interface, faster spinning drives will read and write data faster.
- 1TB WD Blue WD10SPZX, 2.5" Notebook HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400rpm, 128MB Cache, 2.8ms, OEMWas: £65.48£60.98Pre order
Direct Attached Storage or DAS is an external storage device that is connected directly to a server or workstation without a network device in between (ie there is no hub, switch or router required) using USB, Firewire or eSATA for example. This direct connection ensures fast access to data. A DAS will work as though the hard drives are internally connected, meaning drives can be partitioned, formatted and set up like any other internal hard drive or raid array. These DAS devices are available for standalone desk or rack mounting.
External hard disks are ideal for backup or portable file storage, and these drives come in a large range of categories: some use desktop-sized 3.5in hard disks, other use smaller 2.5in drives, and faster products use SSDs. Most drives use USB 3, Thunderbolt or eSATA connections, and these drives can come in different types of case – some are designed to be tiny, and others are ruggedized to stand up to dust, water and even fire.
- 8 Bay HighPoint RocketStor 6618T Thunderbolt 3 SATA RAID Enclosure£1,069.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY