2.5” drives are significantly smaller than standard 3.5” ones, making them great candidates for upgrading the storage of your laptop or games console, especially as they're available in capacities up to 3TB. Remember to check the height of the drives, as most portable or console systems only have bays which support 9.5mm drives or less. Also pay attention to the spin speed in rpm; while all drive here use the latest SATA III 6Gbps interface, faster spinning drives will read and write data faster.
- 500GB WD Black WD5000BPKX, 2.5" HDD, ReCertified, 9.5 mm, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 16MB Cache, OEM£45.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
These 3.5” hard drives utilise the newer SATA III 6Gb/s interface, ensuring as high speeds as possible with their mechanical technology, especially when using them in RAID. They're the most popular drives for today's desktop PCs, thanks to high spindle speeds, lots of cache and huge capacities. You can now get up to 10TB in a single drive, meaning even small form factor machines can store masses of media and games.
- 3TB WD Green WD30EZRX, 3.5" HDD, ReCertified, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 5400 - 5900rpm, 64MB Cache, 8ms, OEM£70.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERYPre order
- 1TB Seagate ST1000NM0055 Enterprise V5 512n, 3.5" HDD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, 7200rpm, 128MB Cache, NCQ£82.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
SATA III 6Gb/s SSDs may no longer be the fastest around thanks to emerging PCIe SSDs, but they're the most cost-effective and are still easily fast enough for most users. You'll need a spare SATA 6Gb/s port to get the most from them, and a 2.5” capable drive bay – an adaptor may need to be bought, but most cases have at least one. These drives are the highest capacity ones available, suitable for holding an operating system, as well as numerous programs and a healthy collection of media and games.
- 120GB Kingston A400 SSD, 2.5", SATA III - 6 G/bs, Up to 500MB/s Read, Up to 320MB/s Write Speed,£50.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 240GB Kingston A400 SSD, 2.5", SATA III - 6 G/bs, Up to 500MB/s Read, Up to 350MB/s Write Speed£79.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB Kingston A400 SSD, 2.5", SATA III - 6 G/bs, Up to 500MB/s Read, Up to 450MB/s Write Speed£139.90£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB Corsair Force LE200, 2.5" SSD, SATA III - 6Gb/s, Read 560MB/s, Write 530MB/s, 80k/55k IOPS, Retail£183.49£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
This the Next Generation Form Factor (NGFF) or M.2 as its now called M.2 replaced the older mSATA standard, The M.2 SSD Connects to your device via a M.2 Socket via either PCI Express using AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) which was the standard for older legacy operating systems, And the newer PCI Express using NVMe (Non-Volatile Memory Express) controller variant designed to fully utilize the capability of high-speed PCI Express storage devices to perform many I/O (in/out) operations in parallel. Updated
- 240GB PNY CS2030 Enthusiast SSD, M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe, Read 2750MB/s, Write 1500MB/s, 201k/215k IOPS Max, Retail£114.98£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
- 480GB PNY CS2030 Enthusiast SSD, M.2 2280 PCIe 3.0 (x4) NVMe, Read 2800MB/s, Write 1550MB/s, 204k/250k IOPS Max, Retail£218.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY
mSATA SSDs easily fit in the palm of your hand, yet are available in capacities up to 1TB, often without any performance hit over using a 2.5” model. While newer laptops are shifting to the M.2 connector, mSATA slots are still found on previous generation motherboards and laptops. These SSDs are great for providing such systems with a fast, silent storage upgrade.
- 128GB Apacer AS220 mSATA SSD, Read up to 550MB/s, Write up to 475MB/s, 22K/22K IOPS£61.99£5.48 NEXT DAY DELIVERY